PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone

paul1981
01-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum so would like to introduce myself, my names Paul and I'm from the uk,
The reason I am here I guess is I've personally suffered from anxiety for the last 3 years. What initially started with me having a full blown panic attack while getting my haircut has led to what has personally been the hardest and most challenging years of my life since.
Undergoing CBT has helped but what I feel certainly holds me back is that i find it so difficult to talk to my friends/family and partner about how I really feel for fear of judgement and not wanting them to worry.
Does anyone else find this ??? Do you find that you walk round in your own little world most days thinking thinks through in your mind and that you've lost the spark for everything around you ??
I'm really interested to hear others peoples perspectives because even though I know I'm not on my own with how I feel I can really kid myself that I am.
Thank you

mom23
01-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Exactly. In my own world. In a daze. No spark. Welcome friend

NixonRulz
01-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Welcome, paul

Anxiety just sucks, as you know

Can be overcome and lead a great life

Jump on in the conversation!

Enduronman
01-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Welcome bruh!!!

We're all her for ya man....

:)

jessed03
01-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Hello Paul :)

NeverToo...Fear
01-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Hey Paul.. nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! :)

JLBnole68
01-16-2014, 11:49 PM
Hey Paul, I'm Jeff. Welcome to the forum. Lots of great people here to offer support. You're definitely not alone.

iloveyu29
01-17-2014, 02:09 AM
Hi Paul :)

fisher
01-17-2014, 02:17 AM
Hiya paul were about in the uk are u from?x

Paul N Lauren
01-17-2014, 02:27 AM
hi doll, sorry still figuring out how to see posts

paul1981
01-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies, and hi Fisher I'm from up north in Cumbria

fisher
01-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Hiya paul,i can relate to you,my partner knows about my anxiety but i got mine just before christmas but i wudnt tell him now much about it because i think he wants me how i was before,he wont understand because he hasnt had it before and i wont tell my family and i think people look and say well u have a nice family house car job go on holidays so why would u have anxiety,knowbody understands only people like ourselves that have it,do you know what started your anxiety off?have you seen your doc yet?

paul1981
01-18-2014, 02:45 AM
I agree I have definitely had the most rewarding conversations from my pint of view with people who have experienced it themselves.
I can't knock my partner but she sometimes makes a comment or asks a comment. That frustrates the life out of me, maybe that's part my problem tho because it is very difficult to communicate just how it gets to you. To answer your question I'm not sure what caused it, that's something I'm trying to get to the bottom off with the CBT therapy I had. It's not that I'm scared of the physical symptoms of panic or anxiety in what they can physically do, with me it's more the fear of embarrassment or that I'm less of a person for being like this. I did go the docs a few years ago but tbh found them to be close to useless. One directed me to a self help book the other just prescribed tablets which wasn't the route I personally wanted to go down.
How about you ?? What's your background to it all ?? Have you seen docs or therapists ??

fisher
01-19-2014, 01:42 AM
Hiya paul i started with anxiety years ago due to alot of stress,i went the docs but never wanted meds,i just went to see a homeopathic doc and he gave me aconite,and i went on no panic they was brilliant,i got over it but dont get me wrong its always been in my mind what ifs.. I have always been scared of my heart going fast from the anxiety and i get alot of palps so just before christmas i had a chest inf which started my heart going faster which i hated and i started with anxiety again but my partner loves me but i dont like to talk about it much because he prob thinks why hasnt she got over it yet,he likes to go for meals and go on holiday and stuff were i hate flying x