PDA

View Full Version : Burning

justme55
01-16-2014, 10:03 AM
Hi all, anyone have a burning sensation in their bodies from anxiety? Never had this before, on the same meds for months, nothing new there. Any feedback appreciated!!

RachelLangley
01-16-2014, 11:00 AM
I have real bad hot flashes and heat waves during an attack. It's normal to have.

Th13thOne
01-16-2014, 11:10 AM
After a couple weeks using ativan my skin burned for 48 hours straight. It was like a sunburn being slapped times a 1000. It was not fun.

raggamuffin
01-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Hmm burnign where? Skin can occur it's in the list of symptoms stickied to the top of the forum. I get a slight burning sensation in my throat. Right at the back where the tongue ends. Sometmies in my chest but very rarely. I imagine Dr would say it's stomach acid relatd. I probvably reckon it's anxiety related. Some meds can cause a stomach upset of some kind. But again...it really depends on where you're getting the sensation.

Thing is, if you're allergic to a medication this would present itself within hours of taking it for the first time. If it came about a lot later then it won't be an adverse reaction and most likely simply anxiety.

Ed

justme55
01-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Burning on back of neck and arms, tried a walk but of course panic set in and turned around. I just don't know how much longer I can take it!!! of course here comes the tingling..................

justme55
01-16-2014, 11:37 AM
Gotta get to the doc tomorrow, panicked about leaving the house yet I know I have to get there. Driving is miserable, pain in back, heart off the charts pounding and not to mention my Doc is frustrated with me. Anyone else have this fear of driving? Anyone overcome it? How????

justme55
01-16-2014, 11:38 AM
not hat flash like something in my body is boiling. Normal?

whongvj
01-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Hi all, anyone have a burning sensation in their bodies from anxiety? Never had this before, on the same meds for months, nothing new there. Any feedback appreciated!!

Hi! I am having that feeling lately. Usually on my back.. It feels cold and hot at the same time..it's kinda hard to explain but it's like burning sensation..

justme55
01-16-2014, 11:59 AM
whongvj any tingling?

reiewer
01-16-2014, 12:12 PM
I get burning in my stomach and in my chest. It's so uncomfortable.

whongvj
01-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Yes, tingling. I also get shortness if breath and dizziness which makes me scared in having heart attack. I know my cholesterol is good, my blood pressure is normal, I'm in good weight..in spite all these I'm still scared of getting heart attack..

RachelLangley
01-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Gotta get to the doc tomorrow, panicked about leaving the house yet I know I have to get there. Driving is miserable, pain in back, heart off the charts pounding and not to mention my Doc is frustrated with me. Anyone else have this fear of driving? Anyone overcome it? How???? I can't drive due to anxiety. But it end up overcoming it, then it haunts me again. I'm fine in the summer and in the winter everything seems so terrible. I can barely go out in public workout feeling anxious. But you have to five yourself into these situations to overcome them, tackle em head on!

justme55
01-16-2014, 12:43 PM
do you have a solution for it? Or just wait it out

RachelLangley
01-16-2014, 12:49 PM
do you have a solution for it? Or just wait it out

Try to face your fears unless you feel that is too dangerous. Try GABA and Rescue Remedy. You can order them online or get them at most health food stores! They help a lot!

justme55
01-16-2014, 01:02 PM
I like to think it's never too dangerous to face your fears.

whongvj
01-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Rachel, are you taking GABA right now? Have u tried any priscription medication? I am really interested of switching to natural meds, I'm still looking for somebody like a herbalist to talk to about it..

RachelLangley
01-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Rachel, are you taking GABA right now? Have u tried any priscription medication? I am really interested of switching to natural meds, I'm still looking for somebody like a herbalist to talk to about it..

Yes, I'm on GABA right now. I take two two times a day. It's great! I use Rescue Remedy when I feel I may be getting anxious. I took Lexapro for a week and it about killed me, I don't believe in medication but I was desperate at the time. I lost 10 pounds in a week and got worse. They wanted to admit me to the hospital but I wouldn't let them. If I have an attack that's unbearable which usually come on at night or while I'm out in public I'll take a half or a whole depending on how bad it is of Lorazepam .5mg. I hate taking them but I rarely do. They help though but for some people it could become a habit.

whongvj
01-16-2014, 01:43 PM
I really want to stop citalopram ASAP and switch to GABA or something natural, but I think I need to talk to my doctor about it first..I'm still having symptoms so I don't think it's working on me..I just heard about rescue remedy, is it natural too? Where can I get it? Did you talk to your doctor when you started GABA? Is GABA something we can take everyday for a long time? Sorry about do many questions, I'm really tired if taking prescription medication and I think you are right, they are just like bandaid trying to only cover the wound and not really heal it..

NixonRulz
01-16-2014, 03:09 PM
I really want to stop citalopram ASAP and switch to GABA or something natural, but I think I need to talk to my doctor about it first..I'm still having symptoms so I don't think it's working on me..I just heard about rescue remedy, is it natural too? Where can I get it? Did you talk to your doctor when you started GABA? Is GABA something we can take everyday for a long time? Sorry about do many questions, I'm really tired if taking prescription medication and I think you are right, they are just like bandaid trying to only cover the wound and not really heal it..

Whongv - it's great that you are looking to a natural way to eliminate your symptoms

Rescue Remedy is readily available and there are some that swear by it

The one thing I would mention is that whether you go natural or with prescription meds, the goal of each is to get you calmed and in a more consistent state of mind

Neither calming type will " heal" anything

They both can get you calm enough to a point that you can work on reversing your thought patterns with an at ease mind

That when you will "heal"

RachelLangley
01-16-2014, 03:48 PM

Both you can take everyday. They're safe and effective. You can mention them to your doctor but doctors aren't educated on natural things.