PDA

View Full Version : Full Moons 🌕

RachelLangley
01-16-2014, 09:18 AM
My anxiety is always worse at night. Not to mention that when there is a full moon it intensifies it by 100. Makes me not be able to sleep and feel like I'm gonna climb the walls. Does full moons effect anyone else? Or am I just weird? I've heard they can have an effect on a lot of things. Even makes women go into labor. I just wish they didn't effect me. I always know that when they're is a full moon I might as well just stay up because I know I'm gonna have a bad night if not.

jessed03
01-16-2014, 05:11 PM
I've always had a problem with full moons. Maybe for a different reason to you though?

My dad used a lot of drugs when I was a kid. He had a lot of problems. One night he started hallucinating and thought he saw a beast thing, like a werewolf, and panicked intensely, freaked out started crying in the corner and stuff, thought it was gonna eat him. I was only about 9, so I obviously thought I was gonna die, and get eaten by this greedy wolf.

The next day he sobered up, and couldn't remember what happened, but I had to live with that fear that the warewolf was gonna come and eat me and my dad. I'd never been so terrified. I have a subconscious fear of full moons ever since. When I see the full moon symbol on my calendar, I just have this subconscious fear going back to childhood. I still hear that 9 year old kid frantically crying 'Daddy, save me from the werewolf, please daddy, please, feed it some leftovers instead'

I couldn't even watch twilight, which, I kinda don't care about cos it's shit, but yeah, anything like that still freaks me out.

Until I was about 12 even really hairy men scared me.

RachelLangley
01-16-2014, 06:52 PM
I've always had a problem with full moons. Maybe for a different reason to you though? My dad used a lot of drugs when I was a kid. He had a lot of problems. One night he started hallucinating and thought he saw a beast thing, like a werewolf, and panicked intensely, freaked out started crying in the corner and stuff, thought it was gonna eat him. I was only about 9, so I obviously thought I was gonna die, and get eaten by this greedy wolf. The next day he sobered up, and couldn't remember what happened, but I had to live with that fear that the warewolf was gonna come and eat me and my dad. I'd never been so terrified. I have a subconscious fear of full moons ever since. When I see the full moon symbol on my calendar, I just have this subconscious fear going back to childhood. I still hear that 9 year old kid frantically crying 'Daddy, save me from the werewolf, please daddy, please, feed it some leftovers instead' I couldn't even watch twilight, which, I kinda don't care about cos it's shit, but yeah, anything like that still freaks me out. Until I was about 12 even really hairy men scared me.

Wow. That's so crazy. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I don't know what I'd do. It would be a hard thing to get over but you can overcome it. I know you can. These types of things make you stronger.

jessed03
01-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Thank you Rachel, it means a lot to hear you say that :)

I've overcome a lot in my life, bullying, low self esteem, depression, even really bad OCD.

I just find it so hard to overcome my fear of werewolves.

I just don't know how to start tackling it. I went to a psychologist once, but he was Turkish. Seeing his hairy arms made my blood go cold.

I'll try a woman next time :)

jessed03
01-16-2014, 06:58 PM
But preferably not an Italian woman, or I may have the same problem regarding the arm hair lol

NixonRulz
01-16-2014, 07:02 PM
Thank you Rachel, it means a lot to hear you say that :)

I've overcome a lot in my life, bullying, low self esteem, depression, even really bad OCD.

I just find it so hard to overcome my fear of werewolves.

I just don't know how to start tackling it. I went to a psychologist once, but he was Turkish. Seeing his hairy arms made my blood go cold.

I'll try a woman next time :)

jesse - good to see you found someone that understands this fear of the moon and hair

I know we have spoken in the past about this and I couldnt offer much help

You will get there my friend!

jessed03
01-16-2014, 07:08 PM
Thanks Nixon

Rachel, sometimes my flat mates leave hair and and stuff in the sink and In the drain. I find it heightens my anxiety so much.

Do you think I could use rescue remedy? Once I didn't shower for 6 days cos I just couldn't bring myself to shower, with the hair in the there. I just felt cold all over.

I was thinking of trying drugs, my doctor says I have bad OCD, but you say rescue remedy and diet can help me more?

RachelLangley
01-16-2014, 08:52 PM
Thanks Nixon Rachel, sometimes my flat mates leave hair and and stuff in the sink and In the drain. I find it heightens my anxiety so much. Do you think I could use rescue remedy? Once I didn't shower for 6 days cos I just couldn't bring myself to shower, with the hair in the there. I just felt cold all over. I was thinking of trying drugs, my doctor says I have bad OCD, but you say rescue remedy and diet can help me more?

Try Rescue Remedy and GABA. They're both safe and can't be take too often. Doctors try to make you think you're crazy when you aren't. I'm here to help you overcome this. I understand, trust me. I'm completely terrified of granddaddy long legs. If I see one I will curl up in a ball and cry. Bad experience. I know they're harmless but the sight sickens me. You CAN over come this without medication. And if you do the hallelujah diet it will completely help and rebuild your overall being. Exercise helps too!

Dahila
01-16-2014, 09:52 PM
I've always had a problem with full moons. Maybe for a different reason to you though?

My dad used a lot of drugs when I was a kid. He had a lot of problems. One night he started hallucinating and thought he saw a beast thing, like a werewolf, and panicked intensely, freaked out started crying in the corner and stuff, thought it was gonna eat him. I was only about 9, so I obviously thought I was gonna die, and get eaten by this greedy wolf.

The next day he sobered up, and couldn't remember what happened, but I had to live with that fear that the warewolf was gonna come and eat me and my dad. I'd never been so terrified. I have a subconscious fear of full moons ever since. When I see the full moon symbol on my calendar, I just have this subconscious fear going back to childhood. I still hear that 9 year old kid frantically crying 'Daddy, save me from the werewolf, please daddy, please, feed it some leftovers instead'

I couldn't even watch twilight, which, I kinda don't care about cos it's shit, but yeah, anything like that still freaks me out.

Until I was about 12 even really hairy men scared me.
Jessed this was awful, not child should be witnessing something like that....There is a source of your childhood anxiety:(

the fool moon, some people are sensitive to it. Ladies the moon is actually goddess :) we have the cycle or 25 days, that much is between full moons. Try to treat it as your friend and it will not heighten your anxiety anymore. We are connected to universe more than we think :)
sleeping with covered windows help :)

Jessed it easy to understand your fear, I will not use my sink if there is any hair left. It is awful and gross

Enduronman
01-17-2014, 03:08 AM
I do have one mental disorder that seems to be more active whenever the moon is in full phase,..its called IED. It feels like I'm being watched by something and I'm even more aware of things around this time too....it's like a transformation of some sort I guess.

E-Man..

GeneAllen
01-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Jesse,

When I start relating places things thoughts to certain situation past memories I usually return to the place it began. Once in a more relaxed

state I do something I enjoy while seeing it being there, and this creates a new memory. It can be as simple as returning to a gas station where

I had a panic attack the day before. I make myself go back, and do something I enjoy there, get a coke, compliment the attendant, or just

place my attention on something, like a duck in the river behind that place.

I am afraid of elevators too, well was thinking about the fall and imminent death, until one night I well had a gal and we stopped the elevator

and stuff, it was a whole new memory, she was beautiful. Love them elevators now! lol Yep now it's more than a song, and lots better.

Peace Bro

(I'm not sure making love to a hairy woman would do the trick, but there are some beautiful women that have hairy arms). ;)

I have fond memories as a child of mom asking me to come in while she bathed to shave her back, of course she left the goatee. Ahhh memories. :rolleyes:

jessed03
01-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Try Rescue Remedy and GABA. They're both safe and can't be take too often. Doctors try to make you think you're crazy when you aren't. I'm here to help you overcome this. I understand, trust me. I'm completely terrified of granddaddy long legs. If I see one I will curl up in a ball and cry. Bad experience. I know they're harmless but the sight sickens me.

You said doctors make me want to think I'm crazy, but look Rachel... You said I'm crazy too, does that mean I'm really crazy :(

Wow. That's so crazy.

Fear of spiders is different to fear of werewolves. Werewolves CAN and WILL eat me... Spiders won't!!!

Perhaps I need more rescue remedy for these things? Can I take a whole bottle of it in one day? Is that safe? Can I spray it every few seconds in my mouth so it gets strong like Xanax? Thanks for taking the time to answer.

The local kids found out about my fear, and make fun of me relentlessly.

One time, this kid knocked on my door and said 'Oi, I'm a werewolf, give me money or I'm gonna eat you...'

I said 'No you're not, you don't have any kind of costume on'

He said 'That's cos it's not full moon yet, is it dickhead...'

I gave him some money just incase. Now when I walk to work, him and all his friends laugh at me. And make howling noises. Even their mums join in sometimes

:(

Chatative
01-17-2014, 08:23 AM
Does full moons effect anyone else?

it's like a transformation of some sort I guess.

I know the feeling guys, every full moon, I turn into a Werewolf :p

Dahila
01-17-2014, 09:29 AM
eman it is possible, we go the same changes as the universe around us. Sometimes change of weather, causes some unpleasant sensations in the body....Normal

Enduronman
01-17-2014, 09:37 AM
I know the feeling guys, every full moon, I turn into a Werewolf :p

I swear I turn into something,..just not sure what. I'm always looking out the windows and scanning. Then I notice the full moon of course....:) grrr.....

Enduronman
01-17-2014, 09:37 AM
eman it is possible, we go the same changes as the universe around us. Sometimes change of weather, causes some unpleasant sensations in the body....Normal

It's just weird...Dahl!!! :)

RachelLangley
01-17-2014, 10:03 AM
You said doctors make me want to think I'm crazy, but look Rachel... You said I'm crazy too, does that mean I'm really crazy :( Fear of spiders is different to fear of werewolves. Werewolves CAN and WILL eat me... Spiders won't!!! Perhaps I need more rescue remedy for these things? Can I take a whole bottle of it in one day? Is that safe? Can I spray it every few seconds in my mouth so it gets strong like Xanax? Thanks for taking the time to answer. The local kids found out about my fear, and make fun of me relentlessly. One time, this kid knocked on my door and said 'Oi, I'm a werewolf, give me money or I'm gonna eat you...' I said 'No you're not, you don't have any kind of costume on' He said 'That's cos it's not full moon yet, is it dickhead...' I gave him some money just incase. Now when I walk to work, him and all his friends laugh at me. And make howling noises. Even their mums join in sometimes :(

I don't think you're crazy my dear. You aren't crazy. But those are some questions you can ask the company or health food story. Pretty sure you could drink the whole bottle and it wouldn't hurt you. And about those mean kids, they better be glad I wasn't around. I would've definitely made sure they never came back around there. How old are you again?

Applecherry
01-17-2014, 04:02 PM
I can't say I have a problem with them, they light up the night, I feel in a better mood when I can see where I'm going when I take my dog out. and it creates a beautiful silvery cast on the ground. There is theory that it effects crazy people, I don't know if that's really true or not.

NeverToo...Fear
01-17-2014, 04:18 PM
I haven't personally noticed any effects on me from a full moon.. The only thing I notice is that it helps me see better at night, like Applecherry points out; a beautiful silvery cast.. :)

Oh and I hear that it's also the best time to hunt rabbits.

Nicolette
01-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Hahahaha werewolf? Seriously??!! I choked on my water lol

Jesse....

NixonRulz
01-17-2014, 04:50 PM
And Nicolette stops by! Hiya.

It's been bad for him lately.

You remember the hair phobia, don't you?

Nicolette
01-17-2014, 05:11 PM
Oh yeah, Jesse you still have that? That's really sad sorry

I'm here for you man

NixonRulz
01-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Oh yeah, Jesse you still have that? That's really sad sorry I'm here for you man

He is

Haven't seen it come out for a while

Maybe you can PM him. He always liked your opinion.

jessed03
01-19-2014, 09:43 AM
Rachel, are you around? I had a really bad werewolf panic attack, and I don't have any rescue remedy.

I don't know what to do, I'm so scared, and it's getting dark :(

em1
01-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Rachel, are you around? I had a really bad werewolf panic attack, and I don't have any rescue remedy. I don't know what to do, I'm so scared, and it's getting dark :(

Hi :) you ok?

Dahila
01-19-2014, 04:00 PM
you guys are heartless :))

reneek
01-19-2014, 08:09 PM
But preferably not an Italian woman, or I may have the same problem regarding the arm hair lol

Jesse, I'm an Italian woman and have very little hair on my arms! Don't stereotype :)

reneek
01-19-2014, 08:20 PM
I really hope you guys are kidding about the whole werewolf thing. I hope you all realize there is no such thing as werewolves...right? I mean come on! I understand Jesse's fear because of a traumatic experience as a child. I'm 51 years old and still sleep with a night light because I'm afraid of the dark and what lives under the bed at night. Can't sleep with a closet door open (not even a crack), and absolutely will not hang either my hands, feet, leg, or any part of my body over the edge of the bed for fear the thingy under the bed will grab me and pull me under with it.

We all have some type of fear that stems from a traumatic event in our past, as a child, or even a real life experience that causes us to panic or have anxiety just thinking about it. However, we need to remain mindful of what is going on right now...not what happened back when. You cannot allow something that occurred to keep you in constant fear as you move forward.

Now, I will continue to sleep with the night light, but now not so much because I'm afraid of the dark, but because my husband comes up to bed later than I do and it helps him not bump into things and make loud noises that would wake me up. If the power goes out, or if I forget to plug the night light in and I'm already in bed, I will not get out of bed to plug it in. I just close my eyes and ask God to protect me. That is all it takes now. But, I will always have some type of fear of the dark. I just don't allow it to affect me like it used to.

SSMommy
01-19-2014, 08:40 PM
until one night I well had a gal and we stopped the elevator and stuff, it was a whole new memory, she was beautiful. Love them elevators now! lol Yep now it's more than a song, and lots better. Peace Bro : seriously love your style. It's a brilliant way to change the tone of something that causes anxiety over and over. Soooo... Now I just have to concoct a plan to seduce my husband at work...without getting fired

Boinkers
02-18-2014, 08:21 PM
I search this and find it :) I am so happy

full moon make my mood swings for sure

jjh333
02-18-2014, 09:02 PM
I never noticed how full moons affect me until realizing how crazy my students are during them! Seriously the behavior is like night and day

jessed03
02-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Ah, this thread was a hoot. Rachel was such a good sport here :)

My mum works in a school jil, she says exactly the same thing actually. I used to feel my mood change a bit, I could always predict a full moon coming without a calendar, but, now nothing ever seems to really happen.

NixonRulz
03-14-2015, 04:51 AM
Rachel loved herself some full mooooon

jessed03
03-14-2015, 04:59 AM
Rachel loved herself some full mooooon

Can't believe you bumped this thread. So many legends on it. There's Nic, Rachel, Boinkers, Jillian, Applecherry, Chats, Gene...

And you my friend. The biggest legend of them all.