PDA

View Full Version : What are your hobbies?

meichmann
01-15-2014, 06:24 AM
Good morning everyone,
I thought I would start a thread to see everyone's hobbies. What do you like to do? Do they help you in times of need? I guess I will start.

I am an active musician. I've played the bass guitar for 35 years and I am self taught (with the exception of about 10 months of technique training).
I am into physical fitness. I was an avid bodybuilder but now that i am older i just go to stay fit (I am 6'4' and at one time i weighed 255lbs with 8% bodyfat).
I am an avid gamer and love to play online.
I Love my 2 year old son (soon to be 3) and any time spent with him is a good time.

How about you?

Enduronman
01-15-2014, 06:32 AM
wuz up bruh...

I used to have many, now I just like to help others, donate time, donate items, give to the needy, help to fix/correct/repair other peoples thoughts and lives.
I loved the physical fitness thing, with a relentless passion..but, that's up the air at the moment. Another Neurology app today.
I'm really good at fixing computers, I didn't know that,..especially when I don't want to buy more. Self-taught somehow...
I can't play any games, because of my personality...
I love my 22, 17, and 15 yr old kids...and the older they get, the more fun it becomes to handle them! LOL!!

Hope you're doing well friend.

E-Man. :)

Chatative
01-15-2014, 06:39 AM
Morning!

I am an occasional musician - I've played guitar on & off for 9 years now. It gets side-lined by my other hobbies these days.
I am into body building/fitness too - I'm on the other end of the spectrum, started out at 120lbs & up to 135lbs now. I've only just committed to it fully these past months having gotten over some health issues.
I watch a a lot of TV Series & Films; I also read a little.
I also love cooking.

These are definitely my go to for de-stressing. In fact, I tend to avoid doing the things that stress me out in favour of these instead of dealing with it :p That's something I'm working on!

trinidiva
01-15-2014, 06:43 AM
I play piano and sing.

Dahila
01-15-2014, 08:01 AM
painting, knitting, crocheting, making creams and lotions, making soaps. Gardening, veggies and flowers. Actually trying to paint the garden with flowers. reading, computing,

meichmann
01-15-2014, 09:51 AM
wuz up bruh...

I used to have many, now I just like to help others, donate time, donate items, give to the needy, help to fix/correct/repair other peoples thoughts and lives.
I loved the physical fitness thing, with a relentless passion..but, that's up the air at the moment. Another Neurology app today.
I'm really good at fixing computers, I didn't know that,..especially when I don't want to buy more. Self-taught somehow...
I can't play any games, because of my personality...
I love my 22, 17, and 15 yr old kids...and the older they get, the more fun it becomes to handle them! LOL!!

Hope you're doing well friend.

E-Man. :)

I just saw how many posts you have...you should rename yourself "Sir Post-A-Lot" lol

jessed03
01-15-2014, 09:58 AM
Skype takes up a LOT of my time

NixonRulz
01-15-2014, 10:05 AM
When not having technical issues

raggamuffin
01-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Photography, Drawing, Painting, Fire staffing (video of me below), PC Gaming, Music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m3KA0BOJW4

Ed

Enduronman
01-15-2014, 10:30 AM
I just saw how many posts you have...you should rename yourself "Sir Post-A-Lot" lol

I should!!!...I've been helping out for quite awhile that's for sure,..and also have been pulled out from the depths of mind hell many times too..Love this place!!! :)

Lord Jazzinho
01-15-2014, 10:39 AM
I play guitar, work out a little, do bonsai trees (badly) make youtube ( If any one is interested I started a youtube creators group. If you wanna chat about guitar or similar things check it out. Anyone can join

williamwallace
01-15-2014, 10:41 AM
Im too self consumed to have any hobbies. I workout but thats it. I just have this fear thing with time. Like its so limited that I'll waste it if I do anything. Again, another result of my dysfunctional childhood. Wish I could step outside myself, free my mind a little. I used to have so many interests but now they are few to none. If NFL football...the passion I once had was awesome ... now I could take it or leave it. I am passionate about nothing. Sad I guess in many ways. Trying to rekindle that. II do know that I have very low testosterone, maybe shots will help. But I dont know if that will help heal from an abusive childhood.

vonnhelsing
01-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Playing instruments, writing music, singing, cooking, watching anime...

And most importantly.. gaming! im a pro gamer ; )
When anxiety creeps up on me I distract myself by saving the planet from zombies

Cullingford
01-15-2014, 12:00 PM
I spend alot of my time walking and taking photographs, I rear and keep chickens which I find is a good way for me to get my mind off the crappy thoughts.
I also love spending time with my three boys 9, 8 and 6. :D

jessed03
01-15-2014, 12:07 PM
I spend alot of my time walking and taking photographs, I rear and keep chickens which I find is a good way for me to get my mind off the crappy thoughts.
I also love spending time with my three boys 9, 8 and 6. :D

What do you do with the eggs Cullingford?

Cullingford
01-15-2014, 12:30 PM
We use some, I give some to my family and any left I sell it helps to pay for some of the chickens food. Only another month and I can fire my incubator up.

Chatative
01-15-2014, 12:39 PM

You should see BB.com's forums.

There are many people with 15,000+ posts & I've seen a guy with almost 60,000. He joined in 2008, so that's like 30 posts a day average.

Chatative
01-15-2014, 12:43 PM
watching anime...

I love Studio Ghibli! I've nearly seen all the ones that have English Dubs now.

jessed03
01-15-2014, 12:49 PM
You should see BB.com's forums.

There are many people with 15,000+ posts & I've seen a guy with almost 60,000. He joined in 2008, so that's like 30 posts a day average.

I know, makes us all here look like part timers, lol.

I've checked the profiles of all the guys with highest post counts, I haven't seen one that's over like 3.5 posts a day.

Ah, we're so small and quiet compared to BB. Good job really I guess, or everyone would be posting non stop, and not working on their anxiety

Chatative
01-15-2014, 12:57 PM
I'm currently on 21 per day. /flex

I doubt it'll stay that high though ;)

AmberGbenga
01-15-2014, 04:26 PM
My hobbies are, gym, dance, pole dancing, yoga, i also am apart of a place that help mental health sufferers.. Basically you go in there and work. I only go in for an hour or two a week.. But it's nice to help :) wanna see my knarly pole kisses?

Lord Jazzinho
01-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Photography, Drawing, Painting, Fire staffing (video of me below), PC Gaming, Music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m3KA0BOJW4

Ed Cool vid. Seeing as I have to pad it out I've made youtube creators group give it a look if you are interested