PDA

View Full Version : My job

Jessicaleanne1992
01-15-2014, 12:23 AM
I am having such a hard time with it. I'm a cashier. My job is not hard. Most of the people I work with are sweet. But i dread work everyday. I count the minutes until my shift is over. Usually I only have 4 or 6 hour shifts. Tomorrow i have an 8 hour shift and I'm freaking out. Idk if I can stand it that long. But i know i have to. I cannot lose this job. It's getting me through nursing school. I'm a mess.

rhar
01-15-2014, 12:36 AM
So sorry you are feeling like this.
I just had my first day back after 3 weeks holiday and I had anxiety attack after attack all day. I've just gotten home and I still feel weird.
I hate it too. Do you have constant symptoms?

JLBnole68
01-15-2014, 02:01 AM
What is it that you hate so much? You said the people are sweet and the job isn't difficult. Is it just the thought of having to be in one place that long? Are you afraid of having an anxiety attack at work? Maybe you could find something to break up the monotony to make the time pass faster.

NixonRulz
01-15-2014, 04:20 AM
Keep your eye on the prize

Get through nursing school. You will make loads of money!

And you sound like most who hate going to work regardless of how much they like it

Jessicaleanne1992
01-17-2014, 09:56 AM
I think it's being stuck there knowing I cant leave. That's what bothers me and freaks me out the most. I hate that feeling, it's like I'm suffocating. I hope that when I'm a nurse and actually enjoy what I'm doing I won't feel trapped. If I do then I'm in serious trouble.

Jessicaleanne1992
01-17-2014, 10:01 AM
What is it that you hate so much? You said the people are sweet and the job isn't difficult. Is it just the thought of having to be in one place that long? Are you afraid of having an anxiety attack at work? Maybe you could find something to break up the monotony to make the time pass faster.

Thanks for the reply! I wish there was something to do to make it less boring, but there's nothing really :( you have to stay at your register. I think the pressure of making sure you're going fast so the customer doesn't get upset and worrying that your till may be off gets to me a lot. I want to count my money ten times to make sure it's right before handing it back. But of course I can't do that lol

Jessicaleanne1992
01-17-2014, 10:02 AM
So sorry you are feeling like this.
I just had my first day back after 3 weeks holiday and I had anxiety attack after attack all day. I've just gotten home and I still feel weird.
I hate it too. Do you have constant symptoms?

Thanks so much for your reply!!! It's constant but not always bad. It's awful if I have anything pressing to do then, I freak out. What causes your attacks?

Jessicaleanne1992
01-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Keep your eye on the prize

Get through nursing school. You will make loads of money!

And you sound like most who hate going to work regardless of how much they like it

I hope I'll be happy nursing. I worry now that I'll never find a job I enjoy.