PDA

View Full Version : Online therapy for depression in the works

duddits
11-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Psychosomatic diseases like depression will be soon treated online from the internet, according to a research study by Swedish scientists. The study said that patients undergoing "do-it-yourself" self-help sessions over the internet reported the same results as those in clinical environments.

Click here for the full story (http://www.viploan.co.uk/article/General-1525.shtml)

DCPsychotherapist
09-15-2008, 07:43 PM
It would be great to have more research in this area!

helpmarcproject
11-04-2008, 06:13 PM
I have to tell you if this works more power to them, however I want to make darn sure people understand depression and anxiety is not like taking classes online, there is a lot of work that goes into developing ones self and conditioning your brain to react in the right way when in a period of anxiety and/or depression. I feel victum to the Lucinda Bassett program which I believe gives you great advice, but costs a ton and in reality, I could have found the same information on the internet or in this forum for little to nothing. I recently loaded this article "5 Steps Lucinda Wont Tell You" onto my site, click on the links attached to my signature to read before you commit to a expensive online therapy.