PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Anemic? And has treatment helped or eliminated your anxiety and panics?

kcladyz
01-14-2014, 06:02 PM
I am kinda embarrassed to be starting another thread.

I read online that anemia can be a cause of anxiety and panic attacks and that some people once they get treatment for their anemia the panic attacks and anxiety subside or go away completely.

Anyone here that has ever been diagnosed with anemia find this to be true?

The first week in January I was in the ER twice! And guess what! I was not dieing, it was anxiety and panic! Well the ER doctor ran blood tests on me anyway and they did find I was anemic. The whole ER twice in one week is what motivated me to find a doctor to begin with. MY next doctor visit they are going to do a full physical and bloodwork on me. Also look into my high blood pressure.

trinidiva
01-14-2014, 07:05 PM
I get anemic during my monthly time. I have to supplement by eating more red meat and leafy greens like spinach and kale. I also dealt with hypertension. ...and due to the fact that I was taking a diuretic. ..it would strip me of potassium. I would try to combat that by eating more bananas.

bittersweetgirl
01-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Interesting! I'm generally borderline anemic. I've been unusually fatigued lately - maybe I need to take a supplement (I tolerate the slow-release ones the best). I eat plenty of red meat, but will look into some other foods. I've heard that blackstrap molasses has lots of iron. Thanks for the info! It's an easy enough problem to fix.