PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram users...advice needed!

kris123
01-14-2014, 05:54 PM
I've been taking citalopram 20mg for almost 5 weeks now. While I do see improvements with my anxiety, I still feel like I'm struggling day to day. Mornings have been the worst for me, even from day 1. I usually feel much, much better in the evening.
My appetite is steadily increasing as well.
I have found that even though I am still having anxiety in the morning, it has gotten easier to cope/manage it.
I think my biggest issue at this point is my sleeping pattern. I cannot sleep past 5:30/6:00am. I usually make a point of going to bed early like 9:30/10pm, but I feel like I'm not getting a good rest, like I'm not getting a good sleep. I'm so tired all the time, no energy, no motivation. Today was particularly awful, I was exhausted and I only worked for four hours today. I mean, that's pathetic! I don't know how I'll ever get back to working 12 hours shifts if I can't even get through a 4hour shift.
I'm just wondering if I can expect this to improve. Or do I need to request my doctor add another medication, specifically Buspar. When I was previously taking citalopram, I was also prescribed buspar to take along with it. That drug made me have weird dreams, but at least I was getting a restful sleep.
Has anyone else taken this combo? As I said, I took that combo together before and had positive results from it.
I wonder if because I took them before, is it possible I've developed a tolerance to them?