PDA

View Full Version : Just had an attack.

Moralfe
01-14-2014, 03:45 PM
I just got a little attack. I freaked my ls elf out. I am still shaking. I am now more tense. I am happy I did not lose control. I have all this tension and I hunch over so today the pain in the middle of my chest along with my job and the kids going crazy I had an attack. I think I will be ok. It seems I have my attacks in the evening or night. Some words of encouragement will be great right now.

jessed03
01-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Course you'll be ok buddy, panic attacks haven't killed anyone yet!

What do you usually do after an attack? Mine were in the evening too, I used to always sleep afterwards, pretty much, or just lie down and do something really easy and peaceful like reading something or watching something.

That's a great first step, not losing control.

Hope the rest of your evening goes more peacefully!

lucy88
01-14-2014, 03:53 PM
You will get through this I dont really know wjat I can say as I am new to all this but we all do get through it. Sending you a hug x

Moralfe
01-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Thank you. I have only had 3 attacks prior to this one. The first 3 I landed myself in the hospital. With 2 of them overnight. I have never had one and stayed home. Actually. I am going out with the family now. So I am not going to let this bother me.

jessed03
01-14-2014, 04:09 PM
That's a success right there! No doubt. That's what it's all about. That's progress.

Before you ended up in hospital, now you're saying screw that, let's spend time with the family.

That's awesome. Carrying on, despite of the discomfort sometimes, that's one sure fire way to get on top of managing the condition.

I hope you guys have a good evening!

trinidiva
01-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Thank you. I have only had 3 attacks prior to this one. The first 3 I landed myself in the hospital. With 2 of them overnight. I have never had one and stayed home. Actually. I am going out with the family now. So I am not going to let this bother me.

Good for you! Learn to control the panic attacks....dont let them take over your life!!!!

Moralfe
01-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Thank you so much. I know that I am going better. I know that I can get through this but sometimes it feels like so much. It is so annoying how one can be fine all day and in a matter of a few minutes you go into a panic. Thank you again for your qords. It really does make me feel better

jessed03
01-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Anytime moralfe. That's why we're here!

trinidiva
01-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Thank you so much. I know that I am going better. I know that I can get through this but sometimes it feels like so much. It is so annoying how one can be fine all day and in a matter of a few minutes you go into a panic. Thank you again for your qords. It really does make me feel better

Anytime!!!

Kyle Morgan
01-14-2014, 04:38 PM
You will get through this. I know it's tough. I'm 18 and currently getting panic attacks. What I try to do is keep positive and think of happy thoughts. Try and preocupy yourself with something too. I completely understand what you're going through. I'm sorry I'm not really the best for giving advice, I hope you pull through and get better. Stay relaxed and keep positive. Good luck :)

Moralfe
01-14-2014, 04:47 PM
Kyle, Thank you. I know exactly what you are talking about. I just hate feeling it and then think I am having a heart attack. It just scares me so much but this time I just decided that I was not going to let it take over and my racing heart slowed down with in a few minutes.

rhar
01-14-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm currently at work fighting a constant attack too :( god it sucks!!

NixonRulz
01-14-2014, 05:26 PM
New Forum Rule

After any panic attack, you either have to hug your kids or make out with your spouse

rhar
01-14-2014, 05:36 PM
New Forum Rule After any panic attack, you either have to hug your kids or make out with your spouse

Haha.. But what if you're at work??

NixonRulz
01-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Well let's hope your boss is the opposite sex

But if not, you gotta do what ya gotta do

rhar
01-14-2014, 05:44 PM
Haha my boss is a she.. But a rule is a rule ;)

Moralfe
01-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Rhar I am sorry that you are going through this at work. I just hate the dear that tries to break through and the thoughts that start to swirl. I just try to keep busy/occupied and it all fades away until I come back to reality. I have some kava tea I will be trying tonight. Anyone use it before?

rhar
01-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Yep that voice saying "this ain't anxiety or panic, it's a brain tumour, cancer, heart attack, some disease you are dying from" damn that bloody voice!!!!!! Cue symptoms of racing heart, dizziness, off balance just to name a short few.....

kcladyz
01-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Remember you are not alone!

Moralfe
01-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Rhar, I know. Right now I am scared. I am back home now and I feel scared like something bad is going to happen. I hate the feeling. Wish I could stop. I feel scared and want to run away. That is how I feel right now.

rhar
01-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Rhar, I know. Right now I am scared. I am back home now and I feel scared like something bad is going to happen. I hate the feeling. Wish I could stop. I feel scared and want to run away. That is how I feel right now.

Totally know exactly how u feel. I feel like this right now too!!

Moralfe
01-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Rhar, that is why we are here. To help each other through this.

rhar
01-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Just spent my lunchbreak walking around the shopping centre feeling like I was going to fall over, pass out it's just horrid...

rhar
01-14-2014, 08:08 PM
Rhar, that is why we are here. To help each other through this.

:) :) :) .......

NixonRulz
01-14-2014, 08:08 PM
But you didn't and are here to tell us about it

Those fears don't come to pass as I'm sure you know or will soon realise

rhar
01-14-2014, 08:09 PM
But you didn't and are here to tell us about it Those fears don't come to pass as I'm sure you know or will soon realise

I just want them to go away. Feels like they never will!!!

NixonRulz
01-14-2014, 08:12 PM
Anyone that has overcame them has felt exactly as you do.

This does end

rhar
01-14-2014, 08:14 PM
Anyone that has overcame them has felt exactly as you do. This does end

It's just a real right pain in the ass!!

NixonRulz
01-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Great! You sound sick of them.

Their days are numbered my friend.

rhar
01-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Great! You sound sick of them. Their days are numbered my friend.
Just seriously feels like I am dying of something!! It's relentless.

Moralfe
01-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Rhar, I know how you feel. Last night when I went to bed my mental switch turned on and it was bad. It took me around an hour to finally fall asleep. I know the fearful thoughts won't come to pass but it can put you through a lot of worry and stress.