PDA

View Full Version : How do you find Fluoxetine?

majored
01-14-2014, 11:57 AM
My doctor last week gave me Diazepam to relax me. I suffer alot with heartburn and acid so i only took 1/2 a tablet and it made me very drowsy and i got heartburn. So the next time i only took a 1/4 of the tablet and too be honest there was no point in taking it but it did relax me and i didnt get any heartburn. Today i took nothing and i felt terrible feeling sick, anxious, blurry eyes, my face felt swollen but it wasnt and my co-ordination wasnt great . I put up with this for a about 5 hours and i noticed if i belched it helped the dizzy and sickness feeling go away for a few minutes. Anyway i couldnt put up with it so i rang the DRS for some advice and they asked me to go in. I saw an emergency doctor who said my symptoms were anxiety as well as migraine combined. As i was shaking so much and getting really quite upset with all this as im finding i dont have any control anymore. She has given me Fluoxetine and then tells me i may get heartburn with it. I dont know if i can take it, im now worrying about taking the bloody things they are ment to help me but give me something else and now im stressing about it! Does anyone else take these and if so do they give you heartburn/acid? Or have you had any other symptoms whilst taking these.

Many thanks

Th13thOne
01-14-2014, 12:21 PM
I've taken fluoxetine for just over a month and am weaning off now as it wasn't a good drug for me but it never once gave me heartburn or acid reflux.

Good luck!:) I hope it works well for you!

jessed03
01-14-2014, 12:26 PM
Made me unwell. Works for a lot of people, but I didn't like it. Tried it twice too.

Ashlee13x
01-14-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm on it now… it works for me but I do get heartburn and acid reflux from time to time, tension headaches and my index finger randomly shakes uncontrollably?? Other than that.. not too bad

NixonRulz
01-14-2014, 12:39 PM
Is Fluoxetine a different name of a med here in the states or is it known by that name everywhere?

Of all the meds I had tried in the past, that was one I never heard of

jessed03
01-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Prozac Nixon..

NixonRulz
01-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Ohhhhhh.

Well that shit works

majored
01-14-2014, 12:44 PM
Thanks for your replies. I have a cupboard full of medication that i keep paying for then read about the side effects then i cant take them. I do intend on taking them but i then panic i worry about having other side effects not just the heartburn or headaches. So they just sit in the cupboard and i say to myself try and cope without taking them. My anxiousness has gone OTT, i think im going mad and i really mean that..... every little ache,twinge and feeling is driving me insane. I worry the doctors could have missed something, or they could be wrong or may not know symptoms etc. So i agreed to have the tablets even though im worrying. So to relax myself in a minute im going to take something to take away the aches and relax me. As im sitting here i have like a numb feeling on my left cheek almost like faint pins & needles its around my eye and temple i guess it could be a migraine, i just hope its not something else.

NixonRulz
01-14-2014, 12:56 PM
I understand your apprehensiveness to taking a pill but if you read your post, I would roll the dice and bet nothing would happen negatively to me by taking it.

Best part would be all that other stuff would stop

I googled med interactions so often that I was out of choices to take

Somehow found it in me to just do it.

Even if it is a small amount at a time just to show you it's safe

majored
01-14-2014, 01:26 PM
I understand your apprehensiveness to taking a pill but if you read your post, I would roll the dice and bet nothing would happen negatively to me by taking it.

Best part would be all that other stuff would stop

I googled med interactions so often that I was out of choices to take

Somehow found it in me to just do it.

Even if it is a small amount at a time just to show you it's safe

Hi , the trouble is with me ive been ill continually for the last 2 years one problem after another. I still dont know whats wrong with me and nor do the doctors. So i read on the packet dont take if you have liver trouble, heart issues, diabetes etc. I then think to myself i dont know if i have any of those issues i could take the tablet and it could cause problems.

I know the chances of anything really bad happening is quite rare and i know they have to put all the side effects on the packet. However someone like me reads everything and wants to know everything which is not a good thing when you have health anxiety. I know there are side effects on with the 2 ibuprofen i have just taken but i have always be able to take them so i continue to do so.

majored
01-15-2014, 03:27 PM
I was awake most of the night worrying about taking it and it was the first thought that entered my head when i got up. I took some ranitidine then i had something to eat about 45 minutes after. Then i took Fluoxetine and for the first hour or so i felt like heartburn was going to start but it only ached slightly and then for the rest of the day it felt like i was smiling inside. My mood was lifted, i dont know if it was mind over matter or it actually could work that quick. However at the moment no symptoms seem to be showing but i was really really scared about taking it almost to the point of having a panic attack!

Blessed
01-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Good thread! I am on 10 mg And thinking of going to 20 I'm just not sure

majored
01-16-2014, 09:55 AM
Good thread! I am on 10 mg And thinking of going to 20 I'm just not sure

Hi Blessed, yesterday i felt really lifted. Today my mood is not as good as yesterday and im still worrying but there is no panic. Im on 20mg but i saw a friend yesterday who said they have been on it for over a year and they take 20mg twice a day and they dont notice any difference from taking one a day. Im wondering if you get used to it and then thats why you need to take more.

majored
01-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Well its been 2 weeks since i started taking the prozac. Ive now noticed the last week or so i have a shaky hands. It started off with one of my fingers then the whole right hand now its in my left hand as well. Ive been to the doctors today and she said that she hadnt known anyone else that had reported this. So i looked around and others have mentioned this. I wanted to know if this will go or will it stay for the duration that i take the medication, If so i dont know if i can do that. I asked the doctor if i can come off them but she has asked me to continue to take them and give it a bit more time.

I dont want to have to live with shaky hands as i have to try and work and Ive noticed that at times its quite bad. My OH said that i was also twitching my arms and legs for quite a while in my sleep. Now im concerned about all of this nerve twitching.

please advise.x