PDA

View Full Version : Distant

mikecole114
01-13-2014, 06:17 PM
So I haven't wrote in here in a while so I thought i would explain what's going on. I've realised I've become somewhat dependent on cannabis I use it subconsciously to help my anxiety (which it does) in the short run but due to that and other stresses in my life I've become horribly depressed since September. I don't know what to do. Every time I drink I get horribly depressed (I'm on ADs) but I'm at uni so that's the only thing anyone does in the evening around here apart from smoke weed or drink and without I'm getting horribly depressed being on my own and withdrawls i shake all the time and have been suicidal I don't know what to do.
Help

Applecherry
01-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Though I've never smoked pot, I know it can actually cause panic attacks in people and even lead to post traumatic stress disorder (from the panic attacks), that may not be your issue with it, you say it helps your anxiety, so I don't know. and I don't drink alcohol either, but I know it's a depressant, so that could be a lot of your problem in terms of it making your depression worse.

We all have our vices to help escape anxiety and depression, problem is temporary release only acts as a pain killer, and doesn't treat the condition that's causing the pain.

Since I don't know your story, I don't know for sure what's making you depressed, but if you're feeling lonely, is there anyone from home you could talk to on the phone, friends, family? Whatever it is causing your stress, is something you should think over and see if you can find some solutions.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

NixonRulz
01-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Mike - if you truly have had the suicidal thoughts - go tell someone, anyone that can help.

as much as we are a family here, we cant do enough for someone that is feeling that way.

We want you to be here in the future because your story will ultimately inspire someone.

Let someone know where your head is that can help you out of this depress

having those types of thoughts isnt healthy for anyone

Lots of people you know really care about you

Let them know whats going on

Dahila
01-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Though I've never smoked pot, I know it can actually cause panic attacks in people and even lead to post traumatic stress disorder (from the panic attacks), that may not be your issue with it, you say it helps your anxiety, so I don't know. and I don't drink alcohol either, but I know it's a depressant, so that could be a lot of your problem in terms of it making your depression worse.

We all have our vices to help escape anxiety and depression, problem is temporary release only acts as a pain killer, and doesn't treat the condition that's causing the pain.

Since I don't know your story, I don't know for sure what's making you depressed, but if you're feeling lonely, is there anyone from home you could talk to on the phone, friends, family? Whatever it is causing your stress, is something you should think over and see if you can find some solutions.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.
I am surprised because it relax one so much, but you are right Applecherry :)

The relationship between marijuana and anxiety is incredibly complex. One the one hand, cannabis is often used to calm the mind and body. It's a natural painkiller, and one that people use often to self-medicate. On the other hand, studies have linked marijuana to problems with anxiety – both causing anxiety on its own, and making anxiety worse.

I know for sure that AD's and alcohol do not go together. People who have anxiety, get more anxious and depressed drinking alcohol...:(