PDA

View Full Version : Dr's Appointment!

onebreathatatime
01-13-2014, 02:25 PM
Tomorrow I have a dr's appointment for my pregnancy... I'm terrified though because 4 weeks ago I was in for my last appointment and my bp was 124/60 (AMAZING) however 2 weeks ago I went to ER for ectopic heart beats and my first bp reading was 143/85 and second done a few hours later was 154/88, so now I am petrified that I have developed high blood pressure. I am only 10.5 weeks pregnant and I don't really want to be on medication. Can high blood pressure in pregnancy develop this quickly and this early? I know worrying about it, isn't helping but for some reason in my mind high blood pressure=death sentence! :(

Dweeb
01-13-2014, 02:58 PM
What did they say ur epotic heartbeats was?

Ive just found out i'm pregnant so had to stop my medication and keep gettin heart palps

onebreathatatime
01-13-2014, 02:59 PM
I was told they are just extra heartbeats and basically there is nothing I can, besides try and relax! Which isn't helpful when every single time it's scare the crap out of me! How far along are you?

Dweeb
01-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Oni about 5weeks so still really early days

Everytime i get a pain on my right side i'm sure its appendicitis this heart palps have started more which freaks me out bt apparantly its normal in pregnancy cuz of the xtra blood ur bodys pumpin for the bby

onebreathatatime
01-13-2014, 03:19 PM
I forgot to say Congratulations!
Yah I have heard that also. I find that the more that I try to stay calm when they do occur the less often they happen. I'm really concerned about my appointment tomorrow so I have been having them frequently today :(

Dweeb
01-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Congratulations to you 2 :)

Yeah i try and ignore them as best as i can

Awwww hun try not to panic and get worried cuz that will automatically raise ur blood pressure try and stay as calm as possible :)

Do u have any aches and pains?

onebreathatatime
01-13-2014, 03:27 PM
No I actually feel good just a bit tired and concerned about my bp.

Dweeb
01-13-2014, 03:32 PM
I wish i did my hips ache my sides ache loool the joys of pregnancy lol

I think u'll be fine hun its propz just cuz u worry and panic before the appointments

onebreathatatime
01-13-2014, 03:36 PM
The joys! lol... I think you are right.. I just need to relax and think positive! :) Hopefully your aches start to let up!

Dweeb
01-13-2014, 03:41 PM
I hope so i can deal with most of the aches and pains bt as soon as i get a right sided abdomen pain strayt away i think appendicitis (1 of my biggest fears)

Yeah i think it is hun my uncle went for a post op check up today and cuz e hates hospitals his blood pressure was way high