PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, new here from Michigan

rhan86
01-13-2014, 02:07 PM
I have struggled with anxiety all of my life, mostly health anxiety. I fear dying. I am a mother of 3 children, Still pretty young. Life just scares me, I have thought I had heart problems, brain tumors, & colon cancer to name a few. But I have had none of those. The fear takes over my life. I have learned I have to stop googling my symptoms on the internet because something extremely scary/ life theatening always pops up. I am actually seeing the doctor tomorrow for some stomach issues I'm having. I just went to the app store and typed in anxiety and this is what I found so maybe it will help me in some way. I would love to help others too. :)

Lord Jazzinho
01-13-2014, 02:18 PM
I've oddly never had health anxiety which considering I had social phobia for 12 years and renal failure probably makes me a bit odd. So if mind me asking is there anything in particular that sets you off on this train of thought? Ooh and welcome to the forum :)

Enduronman
01-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Welcome!!!

I'm from good old Indiana! (yay)....

Many other hypochondriacs here too...we're all in this mess together!

Hey LJ, nice to meet you..

E-Man..:)

NixonRulz
01-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Best thing you'll ever say if you have health anxiety......"I've stopped googling my symptoms!"

Welcome to the board.

Nice to see the good ol' USA is starting to represent anxiety a bit more here.

Dahila
01-13-2014, 02:34 PM
welcome to the forum, plenty of people do google , and they go through hell with the fear. I am trying hard not to:)

rhan86
01-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :)

Usually what happens is I have certain symptoms, I google them and its pretty much a death sentence for me in my eyes. I finally go to the doctor and get tests done and usually find out its nothing too serious..I stopped watching the news because that used to affect me alot. And After having each of my children my anxiety goes crazy! So much fear of something happening to them or to myself. Couldnt imagine being without my kids...I waste alot of my life on worries though. It doesnt change anything at all so why do I do it? I have no idea!!!!

ttonyy2002
01-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :)

Usually what happens is I have certain symptoms, I google them and its pretty much a death sentence for me in my eyes. I finally go to the doctor and get tests done and usually find out its nothing too serious..I stopped watching the news because that used to affect me alot. And After having each of my children my anxiety goes crazy! So much fear of something happening to them or to myself. Couldnt imagine being without my kids...I waste alot of my life on worries though. It doesnt change anything at all so why do I do it? I have no idea!!!!

rhan, if i did not know better i would think i am reading something i typed. I have a fear of dying, i don't watch the news, almost every single tv commercial now is about sickness and medications. I am wasting my life worrying about sickness. I google every single symptom i get and it always comes up with the most extreme diagnosis and then i feel worse after doing it. I stop for awhile then always start again. I always wait as long as possible to see a Doctor
This time i have not (yet) just can't do it. You however have and i am sure it will ease your anxiety

rhan86
01-14-2014, 01:17 AM
ttony I feel your pain. It is a disease in itself. Honestly, the best thing to do is go to the doctor. Find a doctor that actually cares ,one that will just listen to your symptoms and try to find answers for you, and not just think its your anxiety. I usually wait a while also, this time only a month with my symptoms. I am not looking forward to tests that need to be done but hopefully I will get an answer to my problem so I can stop worrying! Once I get enough reassurance I usually do stop..Until something else happens..

baer2278
01-14-2014, 04:52 AM
Sorry to interrupt but I had to ask.....GO BLUE?!

rhan86
01-14-2014, 05:08 AM
LOL Yes Sir! Go BLUE!!!! :)

rhan86
01-14-2014, 06:37 AM
I ended up having to cancel my appointment, its on friday now. I have a baby that is 5 months old and h1n1 is going around in our area..I dont use babysitters and dont want to bring him with me so I have to wait until friday when my husband is home. Im really happy I stumbled upon this forum. It is giving me a sense of comfort until I get to the doctor..

Another fear of mine going on right now is the h1n1 hitting anyone in my family. A few have died from it in my town recently. So scary!

baer2278
01-14-2014, 08:12 AM
LOL Yes Sir! Go BLUE!!!! :)i love you :)

NixonRulz
01-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Does that illness usually affect the elderly and young like the flu?

I don't know too much about it but have heard of it

rhan86
01-14-2014, 09:08 AM
Nixonrulz:

h1n1 is affecting young and middle aged adults.
:(