PDA

View Full Version : anyone have obsessive-compulsive disorder?

soymilk
01-12-2014, 10:53 PM
if so, what works for you/how do you cope?
what medications have you tried?
let's be friends!!

i searched for a thread but could not find one on this topic.

cheers!

em1
01-13-2014, 02:39 AM
What do you have ? Thoughts or compositions

MiST
01-13-2014, 02:55 AM
I often do weird things. I put a glass on the table sometimes and for some reason feel like something bad is going to happen unless i rotate the glass a few times untill i'm satisfied with it's position.

Not sure if that counts..LOL

em1
01-13-2014, 02:59 AM
I think we all have little things that we do even if
We don't have OCD don't you think? I have so many friends that have there things that they have to do everyday and yet they don't have anxiety OCD Etc

MiST
01-13-2014, 03:09 AM
Phew! I don't need anything else..LOL

masonmoore0824
01-13-2014, 03:51 AM
I have obsessive compulsive personality disorder, which is different from OCD. Still no fun, but I'm not driven to do things compulsively. Basically, I sacrifice fun in order to be productive, and focus obsessively on being morally good. I don't think any of my medications are meant to help with this, I just deal with it day to day.

em1
01-13-2014, 03:55 AM
I have obsessive compulsive personality disorder, which is different from OCD. Still no fun, but I'm not driven to do things compulsively. Basically, I sacrifice fun in order to be productive, and focus obsessively on being morally good. I don't think any of my medications are meant to help with this, I just deal with it day to day.

How long have you had that? Is there nothing that you could go on to help you ?

MiST
01-13-2014, 03:57 AM
I sacrifice fun

You must have some fun? What about sexy time? :D

masonmoore0824
01-13-2014, 04:10 AM
I've had it as long as I can remember, but it's gotten worse as I've gotten older. I do try to have fun now and then but I only enjoy myself if I have gotten enough done first. More counseling may help, I just haven't tried recently since I have been unemployed. Even though I'm pretty sure I've had it most of my life, I was only recently diagnosed so I'm just realizing other people don't feel the same way. I always knew I was different, I just didn't know how different until now.

masonmoore0824
01-13-2014, 04:12 AM
LOL I can enjoy sexy time, but much more so if I have gotten a lot done first like chores, errands, etc. If I don't, I have a hard time relaxing. I'm loads of fun at a party, not! LOL

em1
01-13-2014, 04:20 AM
You must have some fun? What about sexy time? :D

Trust you to ask that lol :)

em1
01-13-2014, 04:21 AM
LOL I can enjoy sexy time, but much more so if I have gotten a lot done first like chores, errands, etc. If I don't, I have a hard time relaxing. I'm loads of fun at a party, not! LOL

I'm sure you are a fun person :)

MiST
01-13-2014, 04:27 AM
Trust you to ask that lol :)

It was a valid question..

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/i-regret-nothing.gif

em1
01-13-2014, 04:28 AM
It was a valid question..

Hahahaha you do make me laugh lol

Chatative
01-13-2014, 09:56 AM
I've often wondered if I had some minor traits of OC Personality Disorder...

When I was at High School, I would check the contents of my bag 2-3 times in a row before going out the door. Then again, what it came down to was I could never remember if everything was there & I'd look again lol. I'm not as bad these days, I just tell myself I checked it once so everything must be there.

I also *used* to be anal about cleaning. After my flat mate had done their share of the cleaning, I'd go around checking for missed things & get pissed off at them. I'm the opposite now, I hate cleaning & when it builds up it stresses me out. Couldn't I just be in the middle? :rolleyes: