PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

Darwin
01-12-2014, 01:44 PM
It started last night. I was sitting with my girlfriend watching a movie, having a nice time. All of a sudden i started getting really dizzy and weak and immediately my health anxiety kicked into overdrive.

Now I can't stop thinking I'm having a stroke, I feel strange and faint. My big dilemma now, to go to the ER (again) or not...

hypochondriac1993
01-12-2014, 01:50 PM
I know how you feel brother. Had that the other day. If you had a stroke trust me you'd know. Plus you wouldn't be here typing this thread. If you have anxiety and have had panic attacks before, sounds like that's what it is. Have you been to the doctor? Rule out any vitamin deficiencies or do a thyroid test?

rhar
01-12-2014, 02:37 PM
I get this all the time too. It's scary and awful

rhar
01-12-2014, 03:45 PM
Are you ok?

Darwin
01-12-2014, 03:45 PM
I've been to the doctors many times, and to the ER a few times. I did have panic attacks before and this doesn't feel like one. The physical symptoms just come on with without a sense of panic triggering them. I go to therapy on a regular basis and take meds which seem to help, but it always comes back...

rhar
01-12-2014, 03:54 PM
I have the same thing, the symptoms come on for no reason and can happen anytime even when I don't think I'm anxious.
I have symptoms all day every day from the moment I wake. Mine are mostly head related. It's so awful

Dahila
01-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Darwin I was getting my blood sugar very low, and it is exactly like panic attack, Eat a piece of chocolate or drink a glass of orange juice, wait ten minutes or so ,and notice if there is any difference. I could not differ this from panic attack, it is so similar...

Darwin
01-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Thanks for your replies. I feel a bit more calm tonight. The head symptoms are always the scariest ones for me. Dahila, that's an interesting point. I have never thought of the possibility that some of the symptoms might be related to blood sugar levels. Thanks for your input, I will keep an eye on that :)

rhar
01-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Yeah the head symptoms are the worst!! I deal with them everyday!
Glad to hear you're feeling better :)