PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about stopping my meds!!!

Ashlee13x
01-11-2014, 03:41 PM
So, a couple of years ago I started taking 20mg of Fluoxetine and after a few months just completely stopped taking the meds as I felt I didn't need them anymore and I was fine.. no symptoms.. all good… Late last year my anxiety came back so I went back onto 20mg of Fluoxetine but they give me headaches and heartburn when I first take them and i just really don't want to have to rely on meds… I hate taking meds… I want to get through this with therapy, positive mental attitude and vitamins such as magnesium and amino acids that are known to help with anxiety!!

What do you guys think?? Hope you are all having a good day!!

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Honestly right now, no....not yet friend. Please, just give it some more time....there's alot of things going on in that mind of yours and you are having some amazingly good days too. I wouldn't fix it, if it wasn't broke.....IMHO. (just for now, not forever)....:)

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Just for reference Ash: If I didn't rely on my meds, there would have been alot of damage here two nights ago, and injured people,..and I would also be laying face down on the floors everyday slobbering....its just the way it is, for now..

E-Man...

Ashlee13x
01-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Okay.. but what about these headaches and heartburn??? Also, I know it sounds silly but every time I drink, I get worried that I shouldn't be but I want to drink and have fun!!

I will listen to you though because I know what you are telling me is the right thing to do!! What is IMHO??

Thanks, as always E-man :)

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 04:28 PM
Dear Ash,

1. Take (2) acetaminophen with the Prozac until the headaches cease...its only been 2 weeks friend...they WILL cease.
2. Get that omeprazole I told you about, asap. Take it every single morning...before you eat.
3. Stop worrying about the drinking, a few drinks every now and then, is not going to cause any long term adverse effect with Prozac, or Tylenol, or Omeprazole either...

and remember that this is just a bump in the road of life,...not forever..:)

IMHO..In my honest opinion...:D

Ashlee13x
01-11-2014, 04:32 PM
In my honest opinion....that is my guess.

I'm easily confused so forgive me asking but haven't you just started at CBT?

Yeah… but its more like hypnotherapy!!

Ashlee13x
01-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Dear Ash,

1. Take (2) acetaminophen with the Prozac until the headaches cease...its only been 2 weeks friend...they WILL cease.
2. Get that omeprazole I told you about, asap. Take it every single morning...before you eat.
3. Stop worrying about the drinking, a few drinks every now and then, is not going to cause any long term adverse effect with Prozac, or Tylenol, or Omeprazole either...

and remember that this is just a bump in the road of life,...not forever..:)

IMHO..In my honest opinion...:D

Okay.. thanks E-man… can I get them over the counter???

Ashlee13x
01-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Yeah… I know it does make more sense just hate these side effects at the moment!!

Thanks for your advise guys!

em1
01-11-2014, 04:49 PM
I also hate being on meds to so I can relate to what your saying but as E man said it's not forever,you sometimes just need that little
Helping hand to pick you up and get you back on that right path again :)

NixonRulz
01-11-2014, 04:50 PM
And even if it is for your lifetime....WHO CARES!

Beats the hell out of the alternative.

Ashlee13x
01-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Thanks for all your help everyone… you've helped me decide to stay on my meds which is probably for the best!!

thanks for helping me see sense!! That's probably why my anxiety came back.. because I just stopped taking my meds last time!!

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 04:53 PM
And even if it is for your lifetime....WHO CARES!

Beats the hell out of the alternative.

true dat!!!....:)

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 04:54 PM
That's probably why my anxiety came back.. because I just stopped taking my meds last time!!

True dat too!!! :)

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 04:55 PM
I also hate being on meds, it's not forever,you sometimes just need that little
Helping hand to pick you up and get you back on that right path again :)

True dat 3!!...and you're doing quite well too Em!! YAY!!!

NixonRulz
01-11-2014, 04:58 PM
True dat too!!! :)

I double down on da tru dat

em1
01-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Well I was silly as I cut down mine by load myself and I should not have done that As I was doing so well,well I'm a mrs know it all lol and I had a relapse right on my ass again and back to where I started,so I put myself back on them and have been taking them for about two weeks or so an aye I am feeling much better thanks E man :)
You are your own person so only you will know if you want to be on them or not,we as in the people on this forum can only advise you on out own experiences :)

GeneAllen
01-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Ashlee,
I see you've gotten some good advice. I'm glad you've made the decision, I agree and think it's best for now. It's not forever necessarily, but it's just good to be where you're at now. You'll know when it's time when it comes. You appear to have come along well. Be patient with yourself, everywhere you go there you are. Peace friend