PDA

View Full Version : new to the forum.. :)

bumper
01-11-2014, 01:42 PM
So I'm new to this forum, don't know where to start etc. I'm 18 and was recently diagnosed with anxiety and depression, wasn't a massive surprise as I had known something was up for a while!
It's stopped me working, effected my relationship and my enjoyment in hobbies etc. But hey, I'm starting a fresh and working myself back up to becoming 'me'.

I was given 2lots of counselling and CBT, which at the time kinda helped but then after the 6weeks it was cut off. I don't wanna go back.

Thought it'd be nice to join a forum as when the days are bad they are real bad, and none of my rl friends seem to get it! Was alittle worried about joining and sharing my story but it's worth a shot to see if anyone has any tips etc :)
So yeah that's me! Hah

NeverToo...Fear
01-11-2014, 03:31 PM
No replies?? Hm, well I'll just go ahead and bump the Bumper intro thread ;)

Erm, hi Bumper, it's nice to meet you. Now that you've joined the best anxiety club in the world, you can be among like minded people and get some great advice and support :)

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Welcome Bumper!!!

Great to see new members!

E-Man.

NixonRulz
01-11-2014, 04:55 PM
So I'm new to this forum, don't know where to start etc. I'm 18 and was recently diagnosed with anxiety and depression, wasn't a massive surprise as I had known something was up for a while! It's stopped me working, effected my relationship and my enjoyment in hobbies etc. But hey, I'm starting a fresh and working myself back up to becoming 'me'. I was given 2lots of counselling and CBT, which at the time kinda helped but then after the 6weeks it was cut off. I don't wanna go back. Thought it'd be nice to join a forum as when the days are bad they are real bad, and none of my rl friends seem to get it! Was alittle worried about joining and sharing my story but it's worth a shot to see if anyone has any tips etc :) So yeah that's me! Hah

This sounds like about100 % of the people here!

Welcome aboard.

Good to see you seeking some answers so early on

NixonRulz
01-11-2014, 05:09 PM
You and me both!

I hid it for so long before I ever looked for answers.

I think I let anxiety overstay its welcome by years and years.

AmberGbenga
01-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Well hi there friend! Welcome to our humble home, make yourself at home as we all sure have. All the help, support and encouragement you can throw at a mashed potato in here. Full of lovely, inspiring and knowledgable people.
Glad you have made the steps to get help, you will be just fine dear :)

GeneAllen
01-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Welcome Welcome Welcome. We are all happy you're here. As you can already see. Peace to you friend. Things are fixin to get better!:D

bumper
01-12-2014, 02:08 AM
Wow thanks everyone :) was apprehensive about joining but your all welcoming! Nice to know km around people who understand.

No I don't take meds.

jessed03
01-12-2014, 02:11 AM
Wow thanks everyone :) was apprehensive about joining but your all welcoming! Nice to know km around people who understand.

No I don't take meds.

Yeah we're nice, you can come a little closer to us now. Stop standing so far away from us in your pic. We don't bite lol

Pleased to meet you anyway sir! You are most certainly in a place where everybody understands what you're going through. :)

bumper
01-12-2014, 04:15 AM
Says the guy with a car pic :P
Ps I'm female :)

Cullingford
01-12-2014, 04:35 AM
Hey Bumper really nice to meet you. If they ask you to get into that van DONT! :)

em1
01-12-2014, 04:43 AM
Hello and welcome to the page :)

jessed03
01-12-2014, 04:43 AM
Says the guy with a car pic :P
Ps I'm female :)

Ah touché!
My apologies ma'am :)

em1
01-12-2014, 04:48 AM
Good morning ish lol jessed03

jessed03
01-12-2014, 04:53 AM
Good morning ish lol jessed03

Em, if we're really quick we can do it.

Wish each other good morning, that is! :)

So, good (late) morning to you both too!

jessed03
01-12-2014, 04:55 AM
I skipped Cullingford, as once he's in the anxiety van, he won't know whether it's morning or night ;)

bumper
01-12-2014, 05:55 AM
I will do!:P

Btw, does anyone have any recommendations for any books or anything useful with anxiety?

jessed03
01-12-2014, 06:10 AM
Read a Claire Weekes book first - Preferably Hope and Help for the nerves

Then afterwards, work through The Anxiety and Phobia workbook.

That's a great foundation :)

bumper
01-12-2014, 10:37 AM
Excellent :) will check it out tomorrow! Thanks for the warm welcome!