PDA

View Full Version : I found something good...:D

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 09:09 AM
At least, it found me! (rare)...I had never believed that this would happen until my oldest daughter was abit older, but it already happened. Just like that.

As some of you may know, she was a (methadone, klonopin, norco, xanax, oxycontin) addict and has been for over 3 years...obviously, that creates some concerns in a parent and also some MASSIVE difficulties, especially when your child is 22 years old. I had no "right" to do anything about it. Believe me, I tried.

Well, she just left here. She has quit taking EVERYTHING as of 9 days ago!!!...COLD TURKEY. Just like her Daddy could do. Just like her lil sis could do..I had no idea that she would be able to find this ability, strength, powers, within her as they are blue-printed in her genetics and DNA. I just thought the power of the drugs would prevent her from locating it. Well, she found it. And she said, "F**k all of that dumbshit Dad, I've had enough of feeling like that and they're not taking anymore of my money at that clinic either"... Her addiction was costing over $12,000.00 a year, at (1) place.....

I AM SO ENTHUSED RIGHT NOW I'M FRIGGIN SHAKING!!!

She did it, all by herself...because she wants a better life...I am in a sort of trance at the moment, and she has earned my respect back. I thought she was lost.... and now she is found..

Something good, but very, very rare around here...

Basking in the ambiance....

If she can do what she did, what can YOU do?

Sincerely,
Chris..
The Anxiety Hunters...:)

Dahila
01-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Beautiful, I am so happy for you Eman and for her. support her she needs someone on her side;))) awesome news

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Thanks DOLL!!!!

I can't believe this...I knew she had it in her, but just couldn't "find" it....I swear I wanna cry. (I never cry).....

She also said that she has no clothes to wear because she's dropping weight so quickly...I told her that she will tomorrow!!!....

It'll be weird to have both of my daughters back with me, together, shopping for clothes as that was ALWAYS their biggest battles in this home.

Drove me fuggin crazy!!! She took this, she took that...yadda yadda!!! WAAAA!!!

This is a blessing...and I must embrace it.

E-Man. :)

jessed03
01-11-2014, 09:24 AM
That's awesome bro :)

GeneAllen
01-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Man that is wonderful. What a tribute to plasticity of the brain, and the power of a young woman realized. Thank you E Man!! Peace

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Thank you Jesse and Gene!

I am at a loss for words...there isn't enough that I could type to explain this feeling. :)

Chris...

NeverToo...Fear
01-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Love hearing some good news from the Enduron household! Congrats to your daughter.. :)

jessed03
01-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Go and read a dictionary and then come back and try, you big oaf ;)

Only a line and a half, but a very nice sentiment Gene!

I read once a psychologist say that 'In the right frame of mind, all bad habits disappear by themselves'...

You've done so great staying with her, being patient as well as being firm, and doing all that needed to be done to help her find her right frame of mind.

It's as much of a positive reflection on you, as it is on her, and an even greater indication of a great team effort by the pair of you :)

jessed03
01-11-2014, 09:31 AM
Bring it in you blubbering fool, you'll start me off...

Group hug!!!

jessed03
01-11-2014, 09:32 AM
And I'm guessing if Frankie wasn't doing something right now, being a success - something that you've helped along - She'd be stoked for you too!

jessed03
01-11-2014, 09:36 AM
Oh Frankie is here :D

jessed03
01-11-2014, 09:36 AM
OMG I can't stop posting!

Yes, your enthusiasm is definitely contagious Eman!!!!!

jessed03
01-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Eman once said to me he gets uncomfortable when people are TOO nice to him, so let's tease him a little.

The plan is now a reality Eman!!! Your daughter is sober enough to become my wife, AND YOU CAN FINALLY BE MY DADDY!!!! :D

NeverToo...Fear
01-11-2014, 09:42 AM
Eman once said to me he gets uncomfortable when people are TOO nice to him, so let's tease him a little.

The plan is now a reality Eman!!! Your daughter is sober enough to become my wife, AND YOU CAN FINALLY BE MY DADDY!!!! :D

Jess, judging from the adventures he posts about his daughter.. that might be a bad idea.. she'll destroy you... with her pinky finger.

jessed03
01-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Jess, judging from the adventures he posts about his daughter.. that might be a bad idea.. she'll destroy you... with her pinky finger.

Eman - tell her about the Rhino tranquilizers

em1
01-11-2014, 09:46 AM
E man that's amazing news :)

jessed03
01-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Em you look smoking in your new pic..

EMAN - Where have you gone?

Are you so happy you went to take more pics of your muscles? :confused:

em1
01-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Em you look smoking in your new pic.. EMAN - Where have you gone? Are you so happy you went to take more pics of your muscles? :confused:

That made me blush lol

jessed03
01-11-2014, 09:52 AM
That made me blush lol

Lol, sorry ;)

Emannnnmm, oh emannnnnnn

em1
01-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Lol, sorry ;) Emannnnmm, oh emannnnnnn

Thanks tho lol :)

Anxious Abi
01-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Really lovely news, it's inspirational the strength you both obviously have. Wish you all the best moving forward.

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Go and read a dictionary and then come back and try, you big oaf ;)

Only a line and a half, but a very nice sentiment Gene!

I read once a psychologist say that 'In the right frame of mind, all bad habits disappear by themselves'...

You've done so great staying with her, being patient as well as being firm, and doing all that needed to be done to help her find her right frame of mind.

It's as much of a positive reflection on you, as it is on her, and an even greater indication of a great team effort by the pair of you :)

Extremely powerful statement,..your knowledge, intelligence, and wisdom (at 24) is inspiring and infecting. That's why I offered to send you a gift friend...:)

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 10:30 AM
OMG!!! I just read all the other posts here....THANK YOU Frankie, Em1, NTF And Anxious Abi!! (and Jesse, your posts are crackin me the fugg up)!!!.......BAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Yes, she would break you in half, just by the look on her face!!! LMAO!!