PDA

View Full Version : Worried about heart

anxietyhelp
01-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Hi all
I have suffered from anxiety for a few years and panic attacks. This was after my son being diagnosed with a medical condition . I had been on medication but had come off it slowly. I had been doing a lot better bit today I have had chest pain and that rush feeling to my chest. I have had my heart checked a few times before and all ok, but this time I keep thinking is this it. Am I going to die? Would be great to hear some reassurance. Hope you are all well .

MiST
01-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Hi,

You are definitely not alone here, this is a very common symptom of anxiety and most of us here have experienced it. You have had tests and checks done and they came back as all good which is great, try and remember that.

There is nothing wrong with your heart. The sooner we can get your anxiety in check the sooner this horrible symptom will fade.

Are you on any medication currently?

anxietyhelp
01-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Hi, You are definitely not alone here, this is a very common symptom of anxiety and most of us here have experienced it. You have had tests and checks done and they came back as all good which is great, try and remember that. There is nothing wrong with your heart. The sooner we can get your anxiety in check the sooner this horrible symptom will fade. Are you on any medication currently?

Not at the moment as I had been doing really well. Previously I was on citalopram.

anxietyhelp
01-10-2014, 12:36 PM
I also have pain in my arm, do you think that's anxiety too?

MiST
01-10-2014, 12:42 PM
I also have pain in my arm, do you think that's anxiety too?

Yes, we were talking about this only yesterday. Anxiety can make us think crazy thoughts and give us all kinds of symptoms, check out the anxiety symptoms thread to see just how many there are.

anxietyhelp
01-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Thank you , I hate this feeling and do not want to get like I was before

NeverToo...Fear
01-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Hey there Anxietyhelp

To add to the good reassurance that MiST gave, I was where you were at 5 or so months ago. Constantly worrying about my heart.. I went to the doc, and it really helped to just listen to what my he said; That I was healthy and fine.
So since your tests came back alright, try and take comfort in that. I also had the arm pain as well. I still get pains, but I'm pretty sure it's anxiety related.. So you're not going to die from this. Not now anyways.. :)

anxietyhelp
01-10-2014, 12:58 PM
My last test on my heart was spring last year, I worry something could have changed since then

anxietyhelp
01-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks to your both for your messages I really appreciate it and it helps control my negative thoughts

MiST
01-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Nothing wrong in seeing your GP again and asking for an ECG, it only takes a couple of minutes.

anxietyhelp
01-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Do you think it could have changed?

MiST
01-10-2014, 01:08 PM
I am not really in a position to advise on that, sorry. A GP will help put your mind at ease, in the meantime try not to worry, we have all been there but once you get the reassurance you need you will feel so much better.