PDA

View Full Version : Buspar

crippledcowgirl
02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
My doctor recently put me on Buspar or buspirone for my anxiety. After 1 week of being on the drug I experienced vomitting, diarrhea, and severe panic attacks. I called his office and was told to half the dosage. I still have bouts of severe nausea, and sometimes bouts of diarrhea. I also am waking up with this horrible feeling of fear! I feel like hyperventilating and freaking out, I feel so scared. However I fight like mad and take a xanax which I am perscibed to take. Why is this still happening?? Should I call the doctor back?? Anyone else have experience with this drug?? I feel at a loss here :nono:

heysf2002
02-20-2008, 11:25 AM
im takin buspar,, only 10mg a day,, sometimes I dont feel like taking it,, . But other than the negative side effects,, is it helping you with your anxiety.??? sometimes it takes a week or two to kick in, but I would definitely be checking in with your doc week to week,, unfortunately buspar doesnt work for anyone. I've been taking prozac for a long time and its been good for themost part, I took it primarily for depression and also alleviated my panic attacks. But i still feel constantly anxious at times, thats why i tried buspar. Honestly I feel like its done anything,, really minimal. Try alternatives, like Kava, meditating, yoga, walking, running, laughing, reading a self help book, swimming. visualizations, and evenhypnotherapy... they've all helped me a lot. Each thing works differently with each person. Hang in there ok.

stealyourface722
03-21-2008, 08:52 PM
My doctor recently put me on Buspar or buspirone for my anxiety. After 1 week of being on the drug I experienced vomitting, diarrhea, and severe panic attacks. I called his office and was told to half the dosage. I still have bouts of severe nausea, and sometimes bouts of diarrhea. I also am waking up with this horrible feeling of fear! I feel like hyperventilating and freaking out, I feel so scared. However I fight like mad and take a xanax which I am perscibed to take. Why is this still happening?? Should I call the doctor back?? Anyone else have experience with this drug?? I feel at a loss here :nono:
buspar is weak sauce man hit the benzos up. when i took buspar i also had panic attacks and felt crappy. buspar is for mild anxiety

crippledcowgirl
03-25-2008, 02:03 PM
My doctor ended up having me take 5mg of Buspar in the morning and 5mg after lunch. I don't suffer the same side effects anymore. And as for hitting up the the Benzo's...I am also on xanax....such sweet stuff. However I am cautious as I don't want to develop an addiction. I have a degree in sex and drug counselling...so it has made me slightly paranoid about taking too much benzo's. However, I have to admit...wow...they sure do help! :D