PDA

View Full Version : eating the wrong types of food

ab123
01-09-2014, 08:15 PM
What does this do to your anxiety. And or heart rate. I've been eating clean for the last 14 day's..I also have quit smoking in the same amount of time. I ate a bowl of Mac n cheese in a pinch and now my heartrate is up, and I feel...gross. anyone else experience anything like this?

Dahila
01-09-2014, 08:21 PM
No you just feel guilty, but you can sometimes indulge in that's food. It is difficult to change the eating habits completely. It takes time, to replace all the junk with good stuff. :)) Congratulation on quitting smokes, I am over 5 years free of smokes, gain a lot weight, but also a lot of benefits. I heard that a pack of ciggies in Canada goes up to 16 dollars,,,,,

jessed03
01-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Certain things used to affect me too. Not mac and cheese though. That's too tasty!

NixonRulz
01-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Eating right made a huge difference with my anxiety

I think it had more to do with feeling good about myself with the endorphin release from it

No way Mac and Cheese ever did anything but make me feel like that dude from Titanic screaming how he is on top of the world.

Those preservatives and chemical food dye is to die for

Jac
01-10-2014, 12:03 AM
Mmmm cake :)

reese
01-10-2014, 01:28 AM
Anything high in sugar, especially carbs like pasta, will mess with my panic attacks. Especially if I've eaten healthy a lot recently. My doctor had me keep a food & mood diary for a week to show me how my nutrition effected my anxiety, learned a lot about my triggers!

ab123
01-10-2014, 02:45 AM
Hmm, good idea. I may try that.

ParanoidPenny
01-10-2014, 03:41 AM
What does this do to your anxiety. And or heart rate. I've been eating clean for the last 14 day's..I also have quit smoking in the same amount of time. I ate a bowl of Mac n cheese in a pinch and now my heartrate is up, and I feel...gross. anyone else experience anything like this?

It most likely caused an insulin spike which can raise your heart rate. We eat pretty clean (paleo) but if I eat anything processed or something sugary that happens to me too.

ab123
01-10-2014, 03:58 AM
That makes sense, my body seems to be very picky lately. And I'm being very nice to it. :) guess we have to stay away from the junk don't we.