PDA

View Full Version : Question on medications

kcladyz
01-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Ok... My body is not accustomed to taking medications.

My some of my meds been making me feel like a zombie, fast hart beat etc... does symptoms improve as you take the medication? I am thinking my body needs to adjust. i am thinking of taking a lesser dosage and work my way up till my body gets used to it

ok on a different topic:

I have night time panic attacks to where i fly out of bed and start pacing my apartment, shortness of breath, hallucinating..etc.. and take mirtazapine. The mirtz completely stopped the night time panic attacks. I still wake up frequently but i wake up without flying into a full fledge panic attack. Now when i wake up I can lay back down and fall back asleep. BUT mirtz is so strong I take 1/4 of a tablet or less or I will be too sedated for work in the morning. My question is will i eventually build up a tolerance to the sedation till where I can handle a whole tablet? I thought about asking to be changed to a different night medication but this stuff has saved my nights as far as relieving my night panics. Funny the panics started when i came down with sinus infection at thanksgiving ( never had it before) but never went away after i got better.

Enduronman
01-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Is the mirtazepine all that you are taking right now??...

kcladyz
01-10-2014, 06:25 PM
mirtazepine and Buspirone the busp made me sick but today i was able to take with no ide effects. the mirtz I can only handle 1/4 tablet but it took away my night panics. yay! one good thing there

jessed03
01-11-2014, 02:27 AM
You do build tolerance, but if you're sensitive to sedation - it's really quite slow.

You sound like me, I had a same problem with mirtazapine. I read acetones comment about only finding the sedation mild, I was quite jealous, as I liked the med for me, but it really hit me hard sadly. I didn't get all I could of out of it.

It took 6 months for me to take a full dose of Mirtazapine, and wake up in the morning feeling pretty normal. That said, the morning grogginess did reduce by about half an hour each month I took the tablet. I mean, you can take the tablet a little earlier, and endure a little grogginess late in your evening to be a bit fresher for morning time if you want.

The fast heartbeat never left me. In 2 years of different doses, it stayed. It may leave you, I don't know.

You haven't said what dose you're on. Most doctors will tell you that the higher the dose, the less side effects you have, which is weird, but just how the med works. 30mg is meant to be easier to tolerate than 15mg.