PDA

View Full Version : Vision problems

ParanoidPenny
01-09-2014, 03:15 PM
So I was sitting on the couch talking to my son and when I looked away from him I felt like I had been looking in to a bright light, although I wasn't. Then it turned in to not being able to see out of the very center of my vision and then it went to seeing very bright colored lights just at the right side of my vision. It lasted about 15 mins and now I have a slight headache. I was getting ready to go to the ER when it stopped. I have been on 10 mg of Prozac for a week although I haven't taken it today. Thoughts?

Th13thOne
01-09-2014, 03:24 PM
prozac made my vision so blurry and still is (I'm tapering of it now). As an example I was sitting down eating with my daughter at the superstore, looked up at a lady walking towards us about 20 feet away and I could barely make her out. In the mornings I can barely see the tv, and forget about reading the clock on the oven from 10 feet away too

kris123
01-09-2014, 03:26 PM
So I was sitting on the couch talking to my son and when I looked away from him I felt like I had been looking in to a bright light, although I wasn't. Then it turned in to not being able to see out of the very center of my vision and then it went to seeing very bright colored lights just at the right side of my vision. It lasted about 15 mins and now I have a slight headache. I was getting ready to go to the ER when it stopped. I have been on 10 mg of Prozac for a week although I haven't taken it today. Thoughts? I've had something similar to that before. Mostly affecting my peripheral vision, it was blurry. Lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was slightly nauseated with it too and had a slight headache afterward. My doc told me it was an ocular migraine. It's happened to me a couple of times before.

ParanoidPenny
01-09-2014, 07:24 PM
It's not blurry so much as something in my vision.

Dahila
01-09-2014, 08:25 PM
light flashes?

ParanoidPenny
01-10-2014, 03:38 AM
light flashes?

It looked like a lazer show inside my eyeball.

em1
01-10-2014, 03:43 AM
Sounds like a migraine to me,I've had this bit without the bad head I went to the eye hospital and I said but I don't have any pain and they said you don't have to,this is quite normal :)

rhar
01-10-2014, 03:46 AM
I had this happen a while ago. I had like big zig zag lines in both eyes. Freaked the hell out of me - thought I was going blind!!

em1
01-10-2014, 03:49 AM
I had this happen a while ago. I had like big zig zag lines in both eyes. Freaked the hell out of me - thought I was going blind!!

That's all things migraines do to you,they can be really frightening and painful but they are not harmful

rhar
01-10-2014, 03:57 AM
I had no pain or headache with this episode. Has only ever happened once thank god :)

Ashlee13x
01-10-2014, 05:26 AM
I get this too! My eyes feel really sensative to the light and if I look at something for too long and look away I feel like i've just opened my eyes because everything seems so bright!! I also get tension headache a lot! Possibly migranes but not too sure! Hope you feel okay now!

Dahila
01-10-2014, 09:47 AM
I get it a lot, and it is not dangerous, usually caused by migraine, or before sometimes after. It driving me crazy but closing my eyes and resting a few minutes seems to help:)

anxiousga
01-10-2014, 05:25 PM
I am always seeing spots. When I get anxious I definitely notice them more and they freak me out. I went to the eye dr and neuro and they both didn't see anything to worry about. I also get bad migraines sometimes. It starts with the spots, then I get tingly and disoriented. The dr said those are very normal symptoms of migraines and not to worry. Easier said then done, I know!

Dahila
01-10-2014, 10:50 PM
The doc is right, after of 30 years of having it , you will get used to it:))