PDA

View Full Version : Heart pounds after eating / returning from lunch

Blessed
01-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Does anyone get this I'm completely panicked right now. I ate some chicken strips and fries only half my plate. Got back to work it was busy my heart is pounding so hard my shirt is moving and my heart rate 110. Totally scares me can anyone help???

Enduronman
01-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Fast food=sodium Blessed....
Drink cool water to dilute it and flush it out...:)

Blessed
01-09-2014, 01:18 PM
How come it never did this before? Why recently in the past year or so. Is it safe? It totally makes sense just scares the crap outta me

nikki295248
01-09-2014, 01:55 PM
I've had this pretty much my entire life! 90% of the time after I eat I get a fast heart rate. I have a fast one to begin with but that really sets it off. I have had numerous tests done on my heart and have talked to a cardiologist about this several times and he always tells me its perfectly normal and it will do no harm. Hard to believe when its happening I know. Sorry I have no advice to give you but I just wanted to let you know you're not alone!

Blessed
01-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Thank you how long does it take your heart rate to go back to normal after it happens and what does your heart rate usually run thank you

Enduronman
01-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Simple:
It's all in what you eat...
If you eat high sodium, high fat foods, this causes the digestive system to go into overdrive
When it goes into overdrive, that produces internal digestive energy/heat/increased blood flow/increased curculation/omg my heart is racing/and now so are my thoughts.
Try eating more natural, fresh, foods, that are minimally processed, and or even cooked...
Try a salad with a can on tuna or piece of fish or piece of baked turkey with NO added salt, sodium, gunk, goo, sludge...
Then,,..your heart wont race and go omg....

Have a great night friend!.

E-Man...:)

Blessed
01-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Thank u for your help!

nikki295248
01-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Mine will last anywhere from an hour to several hours. My normal heartrate is usually in the 90s while resting sometimes when im lucky it gets in the 80s but then I start freaking because I think its going too slow (I can never win!) and thats also on a beta blocker! After I eat it gets around 110 to 115.

Enduronman
01-09-2014, 04:31 PM
It's what you're eating friend, and another trick to share (chew your food thoroughly) because the easier it is in your stomach to digest, the less internal energy your body requires.....:)

Enduronman
01-09-2014, 04:31 PM
You're welcome Blessed!!!...:D

Blessed
01-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Mine will last anywhere from an hour to several hours. My normal heartrate is usually in the 90s while resting sometimes when im lucky it gets in the 80s but then I start freaking because I think its going too slow (I can never win!) and thats also on a beta blocker! After I eat it gets around 110 to 115. that's me , except I'm no longer on a beta blocker. My episodes last that long too

ab123
01-09-2014, 09:14 PM
I agree, my heart always throws a fit if I try to eat bad. So it's been v8 juice. Heart healthy vitamins protien shakes leafy greens no sugar no soda oatmeal raisins whole wheat. You get the idea I feel better when I eat like that for sure. Drinking water used to help when I would eat bad. Water would dilute it kinda lol