PDA

View Full Version : Not another symptom?

manz82
01-09-2014, 09:11 AM
Hi everyone. Hope you're all well.

I have had a very intense, stressful and upsetting few days. I won't bore you with the details, but it's family centred and last night I faced a horrible situation head on even though I desperately wanted to run away.
Certain issues were solved and I came away feeling lighter than I had in a long time, but come bed time my heart was still racing for hours!
I eventually fell asleep in the early hours and woke up this morning completely exhausted but still feeling lighter in myself than I have in a long time.
I went about my day and everything was fine until I was at my friends house having a catch-up, when suddenly I got a pressure/rushing feeling in my forehead, down the bridge of my nose and into my jaw. And then I had a mega panic attack - the whole nine yards; sweating, shaking, heart racing, feeling sick, spaced out, needing the toilet, hot flashes and wanting to run home to safety. I tried talking throughout this to my friend, but I lose concentration when I'm gripped like this so I think I embarrassed myself.
The thing is, I don't know if the head feeling was the on set of an attack, or whether the rushing feeling actually caused the attack.
I actually can't recall ever experiencing this symptom before and it's completely freaked me out!
What if this isn't anxiety and I'm really ill?
Does this sound familiar to any of you?
Have you ever felt a rushing/pressure feeling in your head before an attack?
I'm really worried and I was doing so well!

Ashlee13x
01-09-2014, 09:16 AM
I get this all the time!! When i'm about to have an attack, I can feel the adrenaline literally rush through my body and I get this tingling/rushing feeling on the roof of my mouth and at the back of my throat and my hearts beating sooo fast... I just take myself off to the toilet and sit with my head in my hands and take some really long deep breaths and say to myself 'you are fine, there is nothing wrong with you' and I try and smile and laugh because smiling sends signals to your brain telling it your happy!! I feel stupid doing it but it helps me!!

Hope you feel better soon!

lizard0921
01-09-2014, 10:04 AM
I sometimes get this really quick feeling in my head like I am going to pass out and then that's when I start freaking out, or I have tension headaches. They suck!

manz82
01-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Thanks for replying. I'm in such a nervous state of this happening again(