PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety related?

nikki295248
01-09-2014, 06:41 AM
I'm new to this site so first I want to introduce myself. I am a 26 year old stay at home mom and have suffered from anxiety ever since I can remember. I always felt like I had a grip on it though. That was until about 4 years ago when my youngest child was born. While pregnant with him I went into pre-term labor and was put on medication. This medication caused me to develop PVC's. This caused me to become focused only on my heart. Now 4 years later my anxieties are completely out of control and have never ever been this severe. I barely leave my house anymore and have gone from running to the doctor at the first sign of a new symptom to not being able to even walk in his building. I panic every time I'm in there. I have many symptoms that I know are from anxiety but a new one has been really bothering me lately but yet I can't get myself to go see my doctor so I thought I'd ask around here to see if it's something I should really be flipping out about. I have had lots and lots of tingling on my left side. A lot of it is in the left side of my face and is kind of a painful tingling. It's also in my left leg and arm but not as bad as my face. My arms and legs will sometimes feel weak with it as well. It's especially bad in the mornings. This morning in fact I woke up laying on my back with my arms resting on my stomach and my arm and hand was tingling but I couldn't feel a thing in my pinky. It was completely numb. As soon as I move it around for a minute I get all the feeling back into it. Does anyone else ever experience this all day? I can understand why some people get tingling during a panic attack but this feeling lasts sometimes all day for me even when I don't feel all that anxious. I have been under a ton of stress lately so maybe that has to do with it? I'm just so afraid it's something serious and really don't want to have to go to the doctors! Any advice would be appreciated.

lizard0921
01-09-2014, 02:18 PM
I would ask a doctor just to get the doubt out of your mind, or else you won't feel as satisfied. I was getting a weird sensation on my left side too. I didn't get no painful feelings, but my arm did feel a little weak. I then started getting heart palpitations and that's when I really started to freak out and seeked medical attention. My doctor said it's my anxiety. She was going to prescribe Lexapro but didn't shortly after finding out I was pregnant. We all get different symptoms. My anxiety started a year after my son was born. He's 3 now and I've had it for 2 years. Right now, I am frightened to leave my house. All I do is stay home with my son while my fiancé is at work. I totally understand where you're coming from.