PDA

View Full Version : craziest anxiety symptom you've ever had.

ab123
01-08-2014, 01:53 AM
I'm having anxiety at the moment.maybe a little panic...I know the feelings in your body can go to the extreme when caused by panic or anxiety...sometimes though even knowing that, I still get very worked up over certain symptoms. It helps to know some of the extreme symptoms others have had so I can compare. My craziest is probably the jerking awake right before I fall asleep...or a metallic taste in my mouth...or shooting pains. Anyone else care to share. Please?

jessed03
01-08-2014, 02:19 AM
Hit by a car. You guys ever gotten that one? You're just lying in bed or something, and your whole body just JOLTS like you're about to be hit by a car. I don't get it anymore, but sometimes get muscle twitches in my leg, they're annoying when you try and get some sleep

ab123
01-08-2014, 02:27 AM
Hit by a car. You guys ever gotten that one? You're just lying in bed or something, and your whole body just JOLTS like you're about to be hit by a car. I don't get it anymore, but sometimes get muscle twitches in my leg, they're annoying when you try and get some sleep

I've had that before, usually it's when I'm about to fall asleep. There is a name for it but I forget. That one is the worst because I spend so much time trying to go to sleep...then..I get woke back up again.

jessed03
01-08-2014, 02:35 AM
Yep, pretty annoying. I was on Remeron many years ago, it gave me the most vivid dreams. I'd actually dream I was about to slam into a wall, and wake up jolting, most nights actually. That wasn't fun.

So this problem sleeping you have - does it affect your career that you never revealed? ;)

ab123
01-08-2014, 02:39 AM
Well yes, seeing as I'm on short term disability at the moment. I'm a personal banker for a large bank. Very stressful job..really curious to see what happens when I go back. Not sleeping is awful. I used to be out by ten..now it's three or four in the morning..

jessed03
01-08-2014, 02:45 AM
No kidding - I used to work in London's financial district. I went back to work so benzo'd up, still found it hard.

The no sleep - cos of meds... Or...?

ab123
01-08-2014, 02:51 AM
Oh that's interesting! I totally understand. I can't sleep because I had an unconfirmed event with my heart that sent me by ambulance to the er when I was at work. I am completelu traumatized. Doctors said I Had potassium and that's what could have caused it. But so far all tests point to normal besides holter monitor showing tachycardia. Which..I'm sure it did because they did the monitor the morning after the incident. Not knowing...if that was a one off incident..and I'll be fine. Or if my anxiety all these years is justified..is what scares me. Waiting for the cardiologist, I don't wanna talk about the incident..because it will keep me up longer, I feel better generally. I quit smoking. Not having anxiety all day anymore and I'm eating as healthy as possible. Just needed to vent lol.

ab123
01-08-2014, 02:52 AM
Sorry had low potassium.

em1
01-08-2014, 03:04 AM
I have low vit D and something did show up about my thyroid last time tho very low,I've got to have another blood test soon,I get that taste to

rhar
01-08-2014, 03:09 AM
The head rushes where it feels like someone is squeezing your brain and the inability to sit still EVER!!!

jessed03
01-08-2014, 03:10 AM
Lol I just noticed I said the same symptom as ab123 said in hers. Ugh... Insomnia you're killing me here.

I'm glad you're doing ok anyway. Not a nice experience by the sounds of it.

Em, seeing as you posted, at least leave your worst symptom here? :)

em1
01-08-2014, 03:17 AM
Lol I just noticed I said the same symptom as ab123 said in hers. Ugh... Insomnia you're killing me here. I'm glad you're doing ok anyway. Not a nice experience by the sounds of it. Em, seeing as you posted, at least leave your worst symptom here? :)

My worst ever is the thoughts the rest I can handle,yes they are scary as hell,but I'm not scared of them anymore the thoughts scare the crap out of me tho
I've only been on setraline for 8 months and I've had panic attacks for years and only been on propanol off and on over the years

ab123
01-08-2014, 03:18 AM
The head rushes where it feels like someone is squeezing your brain and the inability to sit still EVER!!!

Oh I've had those, awful. I forgot about those.. luckily those don't happen often.

ab123
01-08-2014, 03:18 AM
Lol I just noticed I said the same symptom as ab123 said in hers. Ugh... Insomnia you're killing me here.

I'm glad you're doing ok anyway. Not a nice experience by the sounds of it.

Em, seeing as you posted, at least leave your worst symptom here? :)

Hey insomnia sucks huh. !!

ab123
01-08-2014, 03:19 AM
My worst ever is the thoughts the rest I can handle,yes they are scary as hell,but I'm not scared of them anymore the thoughts scare the crap out of me tho
I've only been on setraline for 8 months and I've had panic attacks for years and only been on propanol off and on over the years

I guess I'm fortunate I don't have thoughts like that, I can only imagine. I'm sorry you suffer through that. I hear people talking about them a lot.. they must be rough

jessed03
01-08-2014, 03:23 AM
Any CBT plans Em?

em1
01-08-2014, 03:24 AM
The thoughts are the worst very horrible I would not wish them on anyone

jessed03
01-08-2014, 03:24 AM
Hey insomnia sucks huh. !!

It most certainly does. Had about 3 hours sleep. It must be late there now, what state are you in?

ab123
01-08-2014, 03:31 AM
Oregon...you?

ab123
01-08-2014, 03:32 AM
231 am. Lol

jessed03
01-08-2014, 03:41 AM
London... 10:39am

Really, Oregon?? You look kinda young, did you go to Oregon state U? They're like my adopted CFB team since my buddy there sent me a jersey lol

ab123
01-08-2014, 03:55 AM
No I actually completed some community college classes here , much easier with my kiddos. I suppose I'm young, 25..that's not that young right? Lol

jessed03
01-08-2014, 04:04 AM
No I actually completed some community college classes here , much easier with my kiddos. I suppose I'm young, 25..that's not that young right? Lol

Why'd you have to say that ab123!

I turn 25 in a couple of months... I can't even handle it!

em1
01-08-2014, 04:12 AM
OMG you two lol I wished I was 25 again lol I'm 39 this year lol

jessed03
01-08-2014, 04:19 AM
OMG you two lol I wished I was 25 again lol I'm 39 this year lol

But you look great, I thought you were mid 20s from your pic. I found a grey hair yanked it out quick. #FeelsBad

em1
01-08-2014, 04:30 AM
But you look great, I thought you were mid 20s from your pic. I found a grey hair yanked it out quick. #FeelsBad

Hahaha I wished lol men can get away with grey hair not so much for women lol

ab123
01-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Thank you, I'm surprised I don't have grey hair due to all my stress...lol I know hubby sure does even though he won't admit it

Enduronman
01-08-2014, 01:03 PM
crazy anxiety symptoms....
My body has it's own "self-control" mechanism built in.
When I get really pissed off, I will go into some sort of "auto" mode and snap..and depending on the circumstances, I will look for the nearest weapon to ward off the threat.
Only problem is, there is no real threats...so, when you run to rip a fence picket off to cause extreme damage to an invader and then you realize what's going on...
That's the craziest anxiety symptom is full force, I am "blind" for a few seconds then I realize what's happening so I can get the hell outta there..
To go hide, and confine myself to a room, car, space, until I re-gain total control.....yes, it starts with anxiety, then spreads into insanity and psychosis.
It's in my bloodstream,,,born and bred Viking.
Creepy......:)

E-Man..

NixonRulz
01-08-2014, 01:06 PM
I think the craziest symptom was a really fast twitch in my left eye.

Even though it probably isn't too crazy, people that saw me winking at them really fast must have thought I was nuts.

Enduronman
01-08-2014, 01:10 PM
I used to get that ^^^^^^ too!!! It reallllllyyyy bothered me as you say, people that were looking at me or talking to me probably thought..um, are you ok??...:)

Thank God that one has passed......

We are nuts, I think.. LOL!

E-Man...

NixonRulz
01-08-2014, 01:13 PM
If I wasn't nuts, my wife would have left by now due to boredom.

I may or may not have an anxiety disorder but I certainly will at least pretend to around her so she thinks she can fix me!

Enduronman
01-08-2014, 01:27 PM
LMAO^^^^ BAHAAAHA!!! This is also true in my case as well bruh....they would all be bored if I didn't "occasionally" chase a car or two barking!!...:)

NixonRulz
01-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Well, Frankie it's good that you are doing well now. Always good to hear.

Never had the suicidal thoughts but had some pretty damn interesting intrusive thoughts. That was horrible.

ab123
01-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Oh my gosh I couldn't imagine. I jus mostly have chest tightness all day on a bad day,.. somehow I'm not in full panic mode but my body produces enough adrenaline to make me feel like in in danger 24/7

AmberGbenga
01-08-2014, 04:00 PM
My craziest symptom.. Well I used to have black outs too, found out it was one of my personalities coming through.. But thank god that Dosent happen anymore!! Not being able to feel my limbs, like I was paralyzed.. That was scary.. As well as stiff limbs.. I was stuck in Barbie figure mode haha

NeverToo...Fear
01-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Craziest symptom for me is feeling out of body, like nothing is real or like I'm in a nightmare..or waking up in the middle of the night just shaking all over.

Shy_1
01-08-2014, 04:33 PM
I've noticed that I talk lower in volume, and get shivers when I'm anxious......I also have a leg twitch when I have a a bigger anxiety attack along with usual tight chest and butterfly's in stomach.

vonnhelsing
01-08-2014, 05:24 PM
The worst symptom for me are them cliché ectopic beats.
But the craziest symptom was issues with my vision. Like sometimes I'd look at the walls and they'd appear to be moving. Also I used to get the feeling that my brain was sweating.
But I think these were more symptoms of depression that I was experiencing as a result of severe anxiety..

Ohhh that eye twitch though. Super annoying and a definite sign of stress and exhaustion.. hehehe

NixonRulz
01-08-2014, 05:28 PM
I am making a play date with Vonn, E- Man and I

Let's just wink at each other in a big city and see if we can start a new trend

The Kardashians would be eye twitching on the next episode if they thought it was in vogue.

EonBlue
01-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Intrusive anxious thoughts that interject into your brain and the out of control intensity they bring.

Suicidal thoughts and feelings
Dissociation in times of severe stress anxiety
Rage fits that make al Capone look like a baby.

It's been fun

Dahila
01-08-2014, 07:59 PM
lost of vision on both eyes for over an hour, came back after I took lorazepam

lizard0921
01-08-2014, 08:03 PM
When I feel like I am going to pass out. Especially when driving, I need to pull over and walk back & fourth to calm myself. I hate this!!!!

lizard0921
01-08-2014, 08:04 PM
lost of vision on both eyes for over an hour, came back after I took lorazepam

That is so scary :( Hope you feel better.

ab123
01-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Wow, I'm sorry to hear all of this,but does help us cope when we know how far anxiety will go. Today...I tried to sit up and got terrible pain I'm my chest but felt like it was from an injury...then once I forced myself to calm down down it went away. Ergh, something new every day!

Dahila
01-08-2014, 09:11 PM
That is so scary :( Hope you feel better.
It scared *** out of me, it was a looooooooooong time ago though, I did not know what anxiety is and what it can do with the body:)

ParanoidPenny
01-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Ab123, it's funny what you listed. I got on here because I keep jerking awake every time I drift off. It's driving me nuts! Just logged in and saw your post. Hope you're feeling better.

ParanoidPenny
01-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Oh, and my scariest symptoms have been my racing skipping heartbeats and feeling like my legs are numb.

Colbert87
01-08-2014, 10:55 PM
My craziest would have to be the boogers I see outta the corner of my eye (not eye or nose boogers lol) like when I'm driving or walking with my eye site fixated on a certain thing it's kinda like a black flash wizzes by and I have to do a double take only to see that it was nothing it sends a fear chill down my legs but after it's over my wife will laugh at me which makes me smile and forget it

mistiblue
01-09-2014, 12:59 AM
Eman, Jesse, and Nixon....you guys are cracking me up....and Nixon, I am lovin your signature...very funny!

My weirdest symptom I am dealing with at the moment (atleast I am praying it's just anxiety), going pee all the time or at least feeling like I have to. It's so annoying.
It is definitely the most annoying symptom as well....ERRR!!

mistiblue
01-09-2014, 01:00 AM
Did I say that it's annoying...LOL....well, it is ;)

lizard0921
01-09-2014, 02:09 PM
It scared *** out of me, it was a looooooooooong time ago though, I did not know what anxiety is and what it can do with the body:)

Are you better at controlling your anxiety now then before?

Dahila
01-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Are you better at controlling your anxiety now then before?
I am better, with the help of meds, I have insomnia and anxiety when I was a child, it gets worse, never leave us, I have you guys and it's good :))