PDA

View Full Version : Bedtime anxiety

1Laticia
01-08-2014, 12:49 AM
Lately, I have been sleeping later and later! Like when I try to fall asleep my heart skips a beat and then I get real anxious! Incr. HR and racing thoughts about to cry! Need help!! Haven't had bad anxiety since I came home from break at school!

MiST
01-08-2014, 12:59 AM
It's worse for me when i try to sleep too, probably why i have had insomnia for the last month.

alfred24
01-08-2014, 01:29 AM
I know what you feel. I no longer have an anxiety disorder but the memories I still have. I remember when I started to get hypnic jerks when I would try to go to sleep. My anxiety was so high that my body would almost jump when I was just about to fall asleep. This made me have sleep anxiety because I hated that feeling. Then I learned why it was happening and I realized that the extremely tense anxious state I was in was causing all this crap. Nothing is wrong, you are just afraid to death that something is. You almost fully believe something could be but a bit of you has to know you are completely 100% safe and in no danger. Your body is okay. It's hard to start getting past those terrible fears but once you are able to dismiss some of your anxieties I think that's how you know you are really making progress at this anxiety thing. When I was able to tell myself ok I'm scared of my symptoms right now but I doubt it's anything serious and I'll keep doing what I'm doing, that's when my anxiety started going away. It will take a long time but it is completely worth it