PDA

View Full Version : Question!!

melismith
01-07-2014, 06:43 PM
As anyone got the pain/numbness/tingiling in their arms and legs? New symptom for me as of today.

lexiii
01-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Story of my life I'd say 95% of all my attacks have this symptom. It usually starts with my arms fingers feet and shoulders going all tingly and weird feeling sometimes even my lips than the full attack starts. It sucks a lot !!

MiST
01-07-2014, 06:48 PM
In my left arm and right hand and fingers yes. Your not alone.

PR83
01-07-2014, 07:00 PM
In my left arm and right hand and fingers yes. Your not alone.

Yep,

Had anxiety for years though until it happened and I believe it was a result of sitting at a computer all day and holding in tension. I started stretching at work every hour and do yoga. I barely get the tingles now, only happens during a huge panic attack, but it's still noticeably less.

reneek
01-07-2014, 07:57 PM
PR83 is probably spot on with this one. Our bodies tend to tense up and we don't even realize that we are doing it. I know that I hunch up when anxious. This can cause pinched nerves in your cervical spine (neck) and also cause muscles and nerves to cramp or knot up. Also, do you lay with your arms or shoulders under your head? Like if you are on your stomach and your arms are up?

melismith
01-07-2014, 07:58 PM
It's only in my left forearm and my left leg it's weird! I'm glad I'm not alone though:)

melismith
01-07-2014, 08:18 PM
I do sleep with my arm under my pillow.

alankay
01-07-2014, 08:25 PM
Yeah that can come and go in many folks from work, etc. Alankay

MiST
01-07-2014, 09:01 PM

I would like to know more..http://www.pic4ever.com/images/pillowfight.gif

Dahila
01-07-2014, 09:17 PM

So do I :) oops I had not seen Mist posted, hehehe

Enduronman
01-07-2014, 09:17 PM
BAHHA!!..

@Meli...Neuropathy/Nerves,..usually starts with stress in the neck area as high anxiety places alot of undo stresses on those nerves. Pretty common in anxious folk like us. :)

MiST
01-07-2014, 09:19 PM
But don't you hate it when..http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/df/e4/79/dfe479a73d0ecc10c611fa571c11e2d9.jpg

jessed03
01-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Hahaha shit just got real! Mist broke out the Bad luck Brian memes!!!

jessed03
01-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Bad luck Brian, with all the bad luck people have on here, why have you never been seen on the forum before! :confused:

melismith
01-07-2014, 09:42 PM
BAHHA!!.. @Meli...Neuropathy/Nerves,..usually starts with stress in the neck area as high anxiety places alot of undo stresses on those nerves. Pretty common in anxious folk like us. :)

Thanks enduronman just kinda scared me of course!

Dahila
01-09-2014, 06:00 AM
Thanks enduronman just kinda scared me of course!
Is it easier knowing that is just simple anxiety? :rolleyes:

NixonRulz
01-09-2014, 06:19 AM
I used to sleep on my left arm for years and was numb in my neck and arm. Tingling as well.

Actually did a little nerve damage in my neck because it was really stretched sleeping that way.

meichmann
01-09-2014, 06:23 AM
I get the tingling all the time. it's more like prickly heat, and when the attacks get really bad, the nerves in my teeth tingle and it feels like i have to scratch my teeth (if that makes any sense). In my opinion, i found that my tingling is caused by shallow breathing when an attack occurs. i find that if i hyperfocus on my breathing and force myself to breath in and out deeply, the tingling goes away quite quickly.

nikki295248
01-09-2014, 06:47 AM
I just signed up today to this site because I wanted to get advice about a new symptom that has really been bothering me and after I posted it I found this one. Exactly what my question was pretty much. I've been having pain and tingling in my left side of face, arm, and legs for a couple days now and have never had this before. I wake up and my arm and hand are tingling and my pinky is completely numb. The part of this I'm not understanding is why it's happening when I'm not even anxious sometimes! Is your's only when you're anxious? Mine is pretty much all day. I have been under lots of stress lately so wondering if that has anything to do with it? Helps to know I'm not alone though and hope we start feeling better soon!

NixonRulz
01-09-2014, 07:15 AM
I just signed up today to this site because I wanted to get advice about a new symptom that has really been bothering me and after I posted it I found this one. Exactly what my question was pretty much. I've been having pain and tingling in my left side of face, arm, and legs for a couple days now and have never had this before. I wake up and my arm and hand are tingling and my pinky is completely numb. The part of this I'm not understanding is why it's happening when I'm not even anxious sometimes! Is your's only when you're anxious? Mine is pretty much all day. I have been under lots of stress lately so wondering if that has anything to do with it? Helps to know I'm not alone though and hope we start feeling better soon!

With most of my pains and tingling, I noticed, they would stay even when I actually didn't feel anxious.

I believe it was because I was not feeling anxious but still scanning my body for those symptoms

So I didn't feel anxious, but scanning the body is a symptom of anxiety so it stayed.

I have heard some people say that they use the 2 week policy. If it persists for 14 days, that may warrant a trip to the doc.

Obviously, any time someone feels that something is an immediate threat to their existence, better safe than sorry.

Dahila
01-09-2014, 07:20 AM
Nixon sound advice.
One day I woke up with tingling in my hand which went up. Later one I went on vacation and it stoped. I was working as dental technician and my hand was simply overworked, after rest it stops. Few people I was working with at the time, had the same symptoms. I do not say yours is from overworking the arm, but could be. Playing tennis for hours does to arms the same thingy;)

melismith
01-09-2014, 07:38 AM
Is it easier knowing that is just simple anxiety? :rolleyes:

Yes a little of course I still think other things are wrong with me!

melismith
01-09-2014, 07:39 AM

Hello:) yes mind happens when I feel like I'm not anxious. My lasted two days it's pretty much gone now.