PDA

View Full Version : anxiety starting a new relationship

richy1991
01-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Hey all

im here looking for some advice.
about 3/4 years ago my anxiety started when i was in a relationship, i went through a rough patch (ill brother and an abortion) and thats when it hit me, but its what was happening at the time of my first anxiety attack that is giving me troubles to this day.

i usually use to see her every night but then she would go home, but there was this one time when i had spent a whole week with her, having her stay at mine. the night she had to go home after the week together triggered an anxiety attack, something about her leaving me made me panic.

this relationship broke up about a year ago and soon as it did my anxiety just vanished apart from sunday night blues.
now about 2 months ago me and my ex decided to give it another try, i only saw her 2 times and my anxiety just came back that bad i had to back off and drop the attempt of trying

now this left me thinking that my anxiety was just linked to her. so i decided to try and find another relationship to see what would happen, whether my anxiety would come back or not.

about 2 weeks ago during the xmas holidays i met this girl and i took an instant liking to her, i then saw her a couple of times and just last weekend i stopped the whole of it at hers.
now however, on the way back home after the weekend, i just felt so anxious and have done all monday and today.

this has left me in quite a state because i really like this girl but no way am i going through anxiety again.
but then on the other hand, if this is the case i will never have a relationship, will never have children, will be lonely forever etc

i just dont know what to do or what is causing this :(
please can someone help me
thanks
Richy