PDA

View Full Version : 2nd day back at work - fail

temperancebrennan
01-07-2014, 07:36 AM
It's my 2nd day back at work after being signed off over Christmas & new year by my GP. Yesterday I managed a full day. It was difficult, but I did it. Today, however, I'm up in the sick room again from not being able to cope with my symptoms.

The DP / DR is what I'm struggling with the most now. I can mostly cope with my heart pounding & my hands being numb, but I can't manage with the feeling that everything could be a dream & feeling like I'm not seeing everything through my own eyes. Kind of like I'm just floating about in my own head. A strange image, I know.

I feel very awake & yet my energy feels zapped by these near constant symptoms.

I'm still taking my new medication & eating better. Maybe more exercise will help.

Enduronman
01-07-2014, 07:49 AM
Please remind us of the new meds, and we're all proud of you for making this new medicational effort and for going into work to friend...

Sending blessings your way, the day will get better!!! :)

jessed03
01-07-2014, 07:54 AM
I gave a lot of years of my life to DP/DR stuff :-/

You've made some very knowledgable posts, you clearly know how to navigate through this problem, and surely it's only a matter of time before you unlock that combo that works.

Just throwing my support in the ring for you!

temperancebrennan
01-07-2014, 07:55 AM
Thank you. I'm taking Cymbalta 30mg currently. Started taking them on Friday, so I know I have a few weeks to go before I may notice any difference. I've been on & off medication for 6 & a half years. Before Friday I hadn't been on medication for approximately 3 months as the last one (Prozac) gave me severe headaches & nausea.

I hope it can get better. I just hate knowing that I'm letting my team down!

temperancebrennan
01-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Thanks, Jesse. Did anything in-particular help you with the DP / DR? It's what I'm struggling to find a distraction from the most.

Enduronman
01-07-2014, 07:58 AM
You're not letting the team down, you're actually a starting player in the game!! A+++ for all this effort!!!! Yes, it will take abit longer for the cymbalta to help dear. (My Sis loves it though too!)....

Hang in there TB! :)

Dahila
01-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Cymbalta is a really good medication, give a bit of time and you will have a great relieve. Good luck dear:)

jessed03
01-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Just finding a root cause I guess. That and getting a helpful med.

I regard your posts highly, I dont think I can tell you anything you wouldn't figure out for yourself. You seem to know yourself well. Sorry T-Bren

temperancebrennan
01-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Thank you everyone

Yeah I think (like a lot of people with anxiety) that I'm too in tune with my body, so any little niggle or pain or ache, sets me off with questions of "what is that?" or "is something wrong?".
Bit of a pain in the tush really.

Positivity though, I had a really nice smoothie for breakfast with "anxiety fighting" ingredients. Banana, blueberry, peach & low fat Greek yoghurt. Tasty!

ldocherty93
01-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Thank you everyone

Yeah I think (like a lot of people with anxiety) that I'm too in tune with my body, so any little niggle or pain or ache, sets me off with questions of "what is that?" or "is something wrong?".
Bit of a pain in the tush really.

Positivity though, I had a really nice smoothie for breakfast with "anxiety fighting" ingredients. Banana, blueberry, peach & low fat Greek yoghurt. Tasty!

I'm the same temperancebrennan! Any niggle or pain in my body i stop whatever i'm doing & start panicing wondering what it could be then i google it.

temperancebrennan
01-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Google is the devil when it comes to anxiety. I refuse to let myself do it anymore. Bloody Web MD haha.

Enduronman
01-07-2014, 11:07 AM
You are not allowed to Google! That's it, yer grounded!... LOL!

(now see how truly powerful you are by NOT allowing yourself to search for an answer to your silly symptoms or ailments?..that always lead you too something that you don't even have?).....

So proud of you!!

mattharlow88
01-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Omg temperancebrennan I've been exactly the same! Yesterday I was ok 1st day back at work, today my 2 nd day back I have been exactly the same as you same symptoms and everything! X

temperancebrennan
01-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Hahaha! Awww but all of my friends are allowed to Google! :P

Nah, I've not done it in YONKS! Realised it wasn't doing any me any good, so stopped. I still worry about random feelings, but I'm well behaved & only Google things like "dogs wearing hats" :)

Enduronman
01-07-2014, 11:49 AM
LMAO^^^....yes,.dogs in hats is safe!..

It's ALL in your attitude, and you're still making progress and quickly too...AWESOME!!!

Good to see you too Matt, just be patient bruh!. :)

Cullingford
01-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Hi all it was my second day back after two weeks off, I woke mon morning about 4am my anxiety was building really badly, I had to get up and do something before I started have a PA. I managed to get a grip of myself then on my way to work I had a burst tyre and had to stop and change the wheel, I was late for work and my anxiety was sky high.
I have done 2 full days but it was a stuggle, dont beat yourself guys just take a bit more time for yourselves and go back when you are ready.

Enduronman
01-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Hey Cully!!

You handled that well bruh! You're moving forward too!

Now post some more of those cool photos of the water you were taking, they were pretty cool to see...

E-Man...:)

Cullingford
01-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Will do fella and cheers:)

Enduronman
01-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Back at ya Bruh!! :D

missath
04-24-2014, 02:20 AM
We are all the same with anxiety..Hypochondriacs with the symptoms..Google is addictive when we worry..Just remember that anxiety causes all these symptoms..1319 and most likely most of what you feel is related to anxiety..Stay strong, you are doing just fine!

Perses
04-24-2014, 09:54 AM
Dear Temperance,

I've been taking medication (benzos and Zoloft) for 19 years at a small dose and that's what keeps me steady, but far from immune to anxiety. I've never experienced the derealization/derationalization that you are describing. At least, I don't think so. I'm just wondering if going back to work is in and of itself stressful. What about your work experience might lead you to feel a certain way? For me, I get easily flustered if I make an error, or if I'm asked a question that I can't answer. This causes me to choke up. Obviously at work, this stuff happens. When I'm at home, then I'm much more in control of my own environment.

I've often found that I neglect to stop and say -- oh yeah, but you did answer this question, or, hey, you made a correct report on this or that. I forget to celebrate the positive and focus overly much on the negative.