PDA

View Full Version : Too much excitement

JLBnole68
01-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Ok, so my alma mater, Florida State University, just won the football National Championship tonight in an exciting game against Auburn University, 34-31. What a game! Trailing with just over a minute left in a see-saw game, my Seminoles scored the winning touchdown with 13 seconds left. As an avid fan, this is extra tough on somebody with anxiety. I'm still shaking. Insane to get so worked up over a game, right? I've finally managed to calm down enough to stop worrying about having a full-blown panic attack. That's the crazy thing about anxiety. We think it's all about being down and out, when in fact, moments of too much excitement or euphoria can have the same crazy effect. Go figure. Lol. Well, I'm a happy camper, but thanks for the workout, adrenaline!

AmberGbenga
01-07-2014, 12:32 AM
Haha I get this all the time... I almost had a panic attack when I got engaged! I was ahh wtf I'm really happy? Why you ruin this for me, anxiety.. Haha

JLBnole68
01-07-2014, 12:35 AM
Right! It's almost like you feel you have to find a happiness or excitement threshold and don't overdo it. Craziness!

AmberGbenga
01-07-2014, 12:41 AM
Haha it's pathetic right, we can't excersize, get excited. Get scared or stressed, sleep, eat, go anywhere... Anxiety is the grinch, no happiness here, what?! Your exited about something? OH HELL NO! That's not how shit is done around here.. Stupid happiness sucker

jessed03
01-07-2014, 12:43 AM
They're easier to take slightly, those moments right! Like when you go to the interview and you get the job, or you go on a first date and she's awesome.

Anxietys not as bad when you win at the end!!

Talking of winning, it was a great game, I thought Auburn just had luck on their side what with the way they won those two RS games last second. It was tense to watch as a neutral.

At least you're happy tonight ;) very true post, too much of anything can set the old jitters off!

JLBnole68
01-07-2014, 01:18 AM
That's very true, Jesse. Anxiety is much easier to handle when you win. That's a great way to put it. I think we could all use a more positive spin on things.

Ponder
01-07-2014, 02:39 AM
It's why I am at more peace without expectation - that way there is less disappointment with no losses at all. That makes me feel pleasant for much longer as opposed to short lived bursts of happiness based on +s and -s. Buzz kill for many, to be sure. Excitement for me is not only overrated, but keeps me from being myself.

This come from a sporting hero ;)

Still purging good luck with your wins and may your loses be sweet.

EonBlue
01-07-2014, 05:06 PM
I think it's helpful to take away the classifying anxiety as good or bad, it just is. Your mind and brain don't care or even know whats 'good' and 'bad' ..concepts your cortex generates in consciousness. Anxiety is not consciousness. It is automatic. And looking at it this way, you see it makes no sense even to apply one to the other! This is the source of all confusion and complications with anxiety states. It makes the cycle flair around where you go chasing your tail.

I was watching a movie today just setting there watching, and I have been thinking consciously about the past alot, and about things lately. I have remembered lately the changes I went through when I had first started having my problem with anxiety. It's like I revisited that again. I felt it acutely as day. It is good to be aware, for awareness is the balm that will force change and bring to the present patterns that had long been subconsciously enacted. Awareness dissolves constraints and changes subconscious patterns. Anyways, I was watching this movie. And I've always had this strange thing of, when I'm watching a particularly emotional part, during the climax of the emotional experience, I will suddenly ruin it by looking to check how other people are handling it. The catch of this is; the mind only works one thing at a time, if I look over at my friend, or mother or whatever..I'm ruining that emotional felt experience, or interrupting it for myself.
I've done this for years and never knew why. I just saw it , like much of my anxiety, as something beyond my control. I 'had' to check...it never occurred to me not to. And if it did, the lingering shadow of that would still be in my brain, distracting me until I looked. I I always looked, and never found out what it was like to play it through. ...

Patterns repeat themselves for years, if not changed or challenged. They work for that reason. If you want something different in outcome, do something different. This can all get very abstracts and esoteric, but it's very simple in concept. A much of anxiety is the Habit of clinging toward, protecting, rather than letting go. The antidote for anxiety can be best summed up in Letting go. Tell your mind and brain you are safe. Let go.
Is a choice.
Make it conscious now, and practice.
You instruct your body and brain how to work. Instruct it then, with precise direction.

Most people don't realize this, they just do it. But to have knowledge of the process is great power and wisdom. And potential.