PDA

View Full Version : Does working out and having a strict diet help

j brown
01-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Just wanted to know does working out help there anxiety, and watching what they eat. What work outs do you do to relieve stress, and what kind of foods do you stay away from

AmberGbenga
01-07-2014, 12:04 AM
Hey mate! YES YES AND YES!! Working out does absolute wonders for anxiety, as well as the foods you eat. Stay away from coffee and energy drinks! Bananas are a great source of natural energy boosters with so many other benefits. Cardio is awesome for pulling out that unwanted adrenalin that comes with anxiety, it's also great stress relief. Boxing, AMAZING stress relief. Lifting( doing weights) is awesome too, it's great for testosterone, and get the blood pumping to that area. Yoga is an awesome form of excersize, muscle building, flexibility, stress relief and meditation, really great for
Anxiety sufferers. Stay away from processed foods and take aways.. Fuel your body with good and good will come of your body.. AND MIND!

j brown
01-07-2014, 12:15 AM
Thank you , I already workout a lot I know how I should eat , but I need to actually do it

AmberGbenga
01-07-2014, 12:29 AM
I feel ya, it's taken awhile to get I to the habit!

j brown
01-07-2014, 12:49 AM
I do it really we'll for the most part but these holidays been bad for me

Enduronman
01-07-2014, 05:04 AM
I will be back after PT I'd like to comment on this one for sure....YES. :)

Dahila
01-07-2014, 06:19 AM
Pt? who is that?

jessed03
01-07-2014, 06:42 AM
Pt? who is that?

I was wondering the same, Eman enlighten us!

Enduronman
01-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Physical Therapy!!!.... Para-Military Training...sounds cooler. YAY!!! :)

bittersweetgirl
01-07-2014, 08:35 AM
Yoga helps me a lot, but sadly only while I'm there. Hard to maintain that glow for long.

As far as food - I react badly to sugar. I almost never eat it, but ate a bunch on Christmas Day, just because of pressure from others. I felt physically sick, and then soon afterwards, I had a pretty serious anxiety attack. I'm anxious anyway, of course, but that was far more out of control than anything I've experienced for a while.

j brown
01-07-2014, 12:09 PM
I think once and a while we feel normal or should I say good . I know I got away from what I should have been eating because I was feeling fine, I think I are too many sugars and starches and started drinking too much coffee again.

Enduronman
01-07-2014, 12:14 PM
I always felt wayyyyyyy better eating the right foods and taking the right vitamins and supplements to support exercise, had a positive kind of energy, attitude, stamina,..etc.. I still eat very well, just not the exercise part much at the moment...