PDA

View Full Version : sertraline

worriedmummy85
01-06-2014, 03:31 AM
Well I have upped my dose from 50 to 100 this morning I am hoping my tolerance for the tablet is good so I dont have any side effects

Reducing my propanolol failed again second day reducing to 50 mg and I am a quivering mess so back up to 60mg today

em1
01-06-2014, 04:13 AM
Hello tree I really feel for you I'm going through some crapy times to I'm on the same meds as you,your not alone

em1
01-06-2014, 04:19 AM
I did not mean tree lol flaming phone lol

worriedmummy85
01-06-2014, 05:21 AM
I did not mean tree lol flaming phone lol

Lol this made me giggle

Thank you for your reply this is the third time I have felt like I was slipping back so decided to up my dose like I should have done 2 weeks ago u

em1
01-06-2014, 05:30 AM
I know silly phone lol how long have you had anxitey? Do you just have that ?

worriedmummy85
01-06-2014, 06:30 AM
I know silly phone lol how long have you had anxitey? Do you just have that ?

4 months I have had it but having a toddler and a partner that works full timebi had to have something to help

I have severe health anxiety I find it hard to dull my thoughts

em1
01-06-2014, 06:39 AM
4 months I have had it but having a toddler and a partner that works full timebi had to have something to help I have severe health anxiety I find it hard to dull my thoughts

Give them time they will
Work when you get the dose you need right,I'm the same I have a husband that works full
Time and two children,and yes the thoughts are a right pain in the backside,I would not wish this on anyone

Perses
01-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Dear Worried,

I take 100mg a day. Think I mentioned on another post that I've been at the same dosage for 18 years or so. I was speaking to my psychiatrist the other day. According to her, anti-depressants work as anti-anxiety meds with increased dosages, stopping at about 200mgs or so daily. Can't say much on the propranolol because I only take it for performance anxiety moments. What's, of course, interesting about that drug is that it only counters the physical symptoms of stress. It's great though. It really shows the two-way street between the mind and the body. The mind can make the body anxious, but then the body's anxiety is so palpable, so, erh, physical, that it ups the ante. At any rate, don't worry about the sertraline. I'm sure it will go fine.

worriedmummy85
01-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Well my anxiety is through the roof but manageable my thoughts are going nuts tho convincing myself its my heart

I seem to be coping with the anxiety better than when I started 50mg I am all tense tho and this can make my chest pain worse I think the good thing is I have felt this all before and can rationalise it in my head before it gets out of control

Hopefully it won't last this time I have developed the bad stomach side effect aswell by upping my dose sorry tmi

em1
01-07-2014, 02:41 PM
I think it's just a case of waiting to get the right dose,everytime you up it it's going to take a few weeks,please in box me if you want to chat