PDA

View Full Version : Just booked doctors appointment...

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 03:31 AM
I've never been tested for anything to do with my heart or anything like that, all i've ever had is blood tests! So i've booked a doctors appointment to see about getting a full body examination as I think this will really put my mind at ease and push me to the next stage of overcoming anxiety. Also, I am going to ask about being put on something that may help my panic attacks... although I don't get them that often, when I do, they are really horrible!!

Also, been getting some tension headaches which is realllyyy annoying!! Would like to have a brain scan but very much doubt they will give me one!!

Will let you all know the outcome after the appointment!!

jessed03
01-06-2014, 03:40 AM
Makes sense, the Americans seem to get all the tests when they talk on here, we never get offered hardly any over here! Good to be able to put your mind to rest.

Those brain scans cost upwards of thousands of pounds huh! I bet they don't give you one lol

worriedmummy85
01-06-2014, 03:42 AM
I've never been tested for anything to do with my heart or anything like that, all i've ever had is blood tests! So i've booked a doctors appointment to see about getting a full body examination as I think this will really put my mind at ease and push me to the next stage of overcoming anxiety. Also, I am going to ask about being put on something that may help my panic attacks... although I don't get them that often, when I do, they are really horrible!!

Also, been getting some tension headaches which is realllyyy annoying!! Would like to have a brain scan but very much doubt they will give me one!!

Will let you all know the outcome after the appointment!!

I hope you get what your looking for hun

I have to say i have had 1 ecg and was all normal this was before my anxiety and I wish they would do another one but they just wont i havent been to the gp for 3 weeks but my mind is telling me to go today!

Keep us updated

em1
01-06-2014, 03:43 AM
I have to say I live in the uk and whatever I have asked for they have given me over the years,I think the bottom line is if you have a good
Doctor then you get the right treatment

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 03:43 AM
Yepp... thats the NHS for ya!!! But yeah really hope they give me a full body examination!!

No, they won't but it's worth a try I guess?? I just want all the tests done to put my mind at ease then I can go forward knowing there is nothing wrong with me!

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 03:45 AM
I hope you get what your looking for hun

I have to say i have had 1 ecg and was all normal this was before my anxiety and I wish they would do another one but they just wont i havent been to the gp for 3 weeks but my mind is telling me to go today!

Keep us updated

Thank you!! I'm sure nothing has changed but I understand you want to have one just to put your mind at rest!! If you do get one, let us know how u get on!!

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 03:46 AM
I have to say I live in the uk and whatever I have asked for they have given me over the years,I think the bottom line is if you have a good
Doctor then you get the right treatment

My doctor is pretty good, if she thinks I need to be checked she will get me checked but fingers crossed i get a full body examination!

jessed03
01-06-2014, 03:48 AM
Where do you live Em?

Yeah, you're right though, when you ask for it, they do often give it to you. Sometimes you have to really nag your doctor, you're lucky you have a good one!

I have every faith a young girls tests will come back healthy, but it's really good for peace of mind :)

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 03:50 AM
I just think of it like this.... I was reading an atricle on the Daily Mail from Ozzy Osbourne... he said every time he has had a full body check up, there is never aything wrong with him and hes injected and taken every drug known to man and hes still ticking along!!!

em1
01-06-2014, 03:54 AM
Where do you live Em? Yeah, you're right though, when you ask for it, they do often give it to you. Sometimes you have to really nag your doctor, you're lucky you have a good one! I have every faith a young girls tests will come back healthy, but it's really good for peace of mind :)

I live in London :)

em1
01-06-2014, 03:56 AM
I just think of it like this.... I was reading an atricle on the Daily Mail from Ozzy Osbourne... he said every time he has had a full body check up, there is never aything wrong with him and hes injected and taken every drug known to man and hes still ticking along!!!

Yes he is lol
You will be fine but if you want to have a check to out your own kind at rest then have what you need to have done :) if you need to get anything for your anxitey they may give you something like propanol,which is a beta blocker,I've been on and off of them for years and I've had this for years and they have really helped me :)

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 04:02 AM
Yes he is lol
You will be fine but if you want to have a check to out your own kind at rest then have what you need to have done :) if you need to get anything for your anxitey they may give you something like propanol,which is a beta blocker,I've been on and off of them for years and I've had this for years and they have really helped me :)

Yeah I was thinkign beta blockers!! We will see what the doc says!!

Where in London are you from??

em1
01-06-2014, 04:11 AM
Yeah I was thinkign beta blockers!! We will see what the doc says!! Where in London are you from??

I live in Surrey,where are you from? When do you go to the doctors?

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 04:12 AM
Ahh okay not a whole world away!! I live in East london/essex! I go on Friday!!

Enduronman
01-06-2014, 04:18 AM
Hope it works out Ashlee!!....http://www.pic4ever.com/images/connie_24.gif

jessed03
01-06-2014, 04:19 AM
Instead of waiting until Friday, why not use one of E-Man's Full Body Examinations....Highly skilled professionalism and very discreet service. Will travel to the UK! Choice of sexy outfits included. Women and very good looking men only

Perhaps this service might be of use, Eman offers it out to anxiety forum members at reduced rates.

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 04:20 AM
Hahahahha!!!! Honestly you two... I think there's something going on between you two?? Bromance or something more???

em1
01-06-2014, 04:21 AM
Ahh okay not a whole world away!! I live in East london/essex! I go on Friday!!

I used to live in East London :) but I moved here about 12 years ago,my
Family still live there tho

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 04:23 AM
I used to live in East London :) but I moved here about 12 years ago,my
Family still live there tho

Ahh lovely.. where abouts??

Enduronman
Bhahaahaahhahaa!!!!! Rotf!!!!

jessed03
Yeah.. Anywhere near Stratford?

em1
01-06-2014, 04:28 AM
Yeah.. Anywhere near Stratford?

I used to work in manor park

em1
01-06-2014, 04:29 AM
Ahh lovely.. where abouts??

They live near the O2 :)

jessed03
01-06-2014, 04:34 AM
Pretty close, pretty close :)

jessed03
01-06-2014, 04:40 AM
Do you guys ever visit the Westfield centre here??

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 04:43 AM
Yepp!! its literally 15 mins from where I live.. got all my christmas shopping there! Was sooo packed!

jessed03
01-06-2014, 04:46 AM
Legit it was crazy.

Imma look out for when I'm there next time. I'll creep up and say BOOO and give you a panic attack... Jk :)

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 04:53 AM
Hhahahaaa oii!1 that's not very nice!! Do you go often??

jessed03
01-06-2014, 05:04 AM
Now and again, mostly to please the gf!

How was your night out btw?

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 05:06 AM
Hahahaha!!1 what a good bf!!!

It was amazing!!! He took me to the Shard! Amazing views and amazing food!! How was your hibernation?

jessed03
01-06-2014, 05:22 AM
Lol my hibernation...um... It was very hibernaty... Very warm!

So you've done something I haven't! Damn, now I'm behind you and that wretched show off fox...

It sounds fun though. After 2 years he's still tryna impress you. You must be super cute! Most girls get Burger King after a year. ;)

What did you eat? I'm a bit of a food obsessive!

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 05:27 AM
Hahaha sounds fun!!

Yep you need to catch up, you're slacking!! Well we normally go to places like Red Dog Saloon or Gormet Burger Kitchen so for us the menu was quite small.. but i had seared beef for starters with a chilli, lime and garlic dressing... sooo nice and for main I had Duck with mango chutney!! Was cooked to perfection!!

I love food! I'm such a foody

em1
01-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Hahahaha well that would not give me a attack lol oh I love Westfield shopping but I don't think my husband does very much lol

jessed03
01-06-2014, 05:56 AM
Same, same Ash.

That does sound really good. Cooked to perfection too! My Heinz soup seems so boring now, damn.

I'm gonna look out for you girls seriously EM, when I go Westfield again. Gonna be all like, yeah when my anxietyforum homegirls at :D

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 06:00 AM
I would definitely recommend it! Be a good boyfriend and take your girlfriend there as a surpise!! haha!

Yeah, let us know when you next go there!!

em1
01-06-2014, 06:20 AM
Same, same Ash. That does sound really good. Cooked to perfection too! My Heinz soup seems so boring now, damn. I'm gonna look out for you girls seriously EM, when I go Westfield again. Gonna be all like, yeah when my anxietyforum homegirls at :D
Hahaha that's so funny lol

meichmann
01-06-2014, 06:44 AM
Good to see you are going to get checked out. Just remember, when the results come back and you are in good health, keep that in mind the next time you feel anxious. If it will help, ask your doctor for a copy of the results and possibly a letter from the doctor saying you are in good health. having something like that and reading it can be quite calming.

Ashlee13x
01-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Good to see you are going to get checked out. Just remember, when the results come back and you are in good health, keep that in mind the next time you feel anxious. If it will help, ask your doctor for a copy of the results and possibly a letter from the doctor saying you are in good health. having something like that and reading it can be quite calming.

Thank you Meichmann... that is actually a really good idea. I'm going to do that! Especially when they take my blood pressure, they never tell me what it is just tell me its okay!!