PDA

View Full Version : Cold and shaking

GeneralWorrier
01-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Okay so the Christmas break ends today, it's back to sixth form tomorrow.

I don't know if it's just me but my body seems to get colder the more anxious I get and then I can't stop shivering/shaking. Especially my hands, they are freezing. I can also see my pulse very clearly in my stomach.

Anyone else experience this?

reese
01-05-2014, 08:55 AM
I get this a lot! It's a normal response to the adrenaline overload in your body that happens during anxious response. Whenever I have a panic attack, after I come down from it I shiver and shake for about a half hour.

GeneralWorrier
01-05-2014, 09:13 AM
I get this a lot! It's a normal response to the adrenaline overload in your body that happens during anxious response. Whenever I have a panic attack, after I come down from it I shiver and shake for about a half hour.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've been like it for an hour now I can't seem to control it! I'm trying to distract myself at the minute to calm myself down but nothing seems to be working

em1
01-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Yes I get like this to and I have a warm bath with some lavender oils as it's calming

jessed03
01-05-2014, 09:29 AM
In my late teens I used to be stupid and gamble money I couldn't afford to lose.

When it got really tense, and down to the wire, I remember feeling this exact symptom.

You must be pretty tensed, right? It's a symptom very associated with extreme nervousness.

reese
01-05-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've been like it for an hour now I can't seem to control it! I'm trying to distract myself at the minute to calm myself down but nothing seems to be workinghave some no caffeine tea, it'll warm you up from the inside out.

NeverToo...Fear
01-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Shaking is common with anxiety and being tense; get's worse with the cold.. I was shaking so bad yesterday it was crazy. Definitely try and drink something warm. That should help some.. :)

shellsjack
01-05-2014, 09:41 AM
After an attack , I shake uncontrollably also Almost like my insides and my bones are shaking but my mind is going back to normal. It usually lasts about 30 minutes for me also

jessed03
01-05-2014, 09:48 AM
After an attack , I shake uncontrollably also Almost like my insides and my bones are shaking but my mind is going back to normal. It usually lasts about 30 minutes for me also

Worse than when you have a really bad chill/virus?

GeneralWorrier
01-05-2014, 09:58 AM
In my late teens I used to be stupid and gamble money I couldn't afford to lose. When it got really tense, and down to the wire, I remember feeling this exact symptom. You must be pretty tensed, right? It's a symptom very associated with extreme nervousness.

Yeah I'm really tense at the minute and still shaking, had a hot drink but nothing is helping

reese
01-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Yeah I'm really tense at the minute and still shaking, had a hot drink but nothing is helping

Just keep repeating to yourself that you are safe and your thoughts are trying to trick you into thinking you are not. If you can try to find something to laugh about. It's impossible to be tense and laugh at the same time.

GeneralWorrier
01-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Just keep repeating to yourself that you are safe and your thoughts are trying to trick you into thinking you are not. If you can try to find something to laugh about. It's impossible to be tense and laugh at the same time.

Thanks I'm trying to still calm down, just putting my headphones in to see if that works

Nicolette
01-05-2014, 12:25 PM
I shake with anxiety and cold weather. especially Christmas Day. it wasn't fun

GeneralWorrier
01-05-2014, 12:34 PM
I shake with anxiety and cold weather. especially Christmas Day. it wasn't fun

Sure isn't fun you're right there! I've been shaking for a good 3-4 hours now and I have no idea how to stop it, I've never been this bad before. What methods do you use to calm yourself down?