PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion

Kellie
01-04-2014, 11:20 PM
In your opinion do you think it is easier to get back on track with anxiety and get it in control when you aren't in a relationship? I am in a rough place and my anxiety is at its worst and my relationship is suffering too, I think it would be best if I focus on myself for a while.. Opinions please?

jessed03
01-04-2014, 11:29 PM
From what I've seen being on here almost 3 years, and especially in my experience, it is much easier to recover from anxiety when not in a relationship. I guess a marriage or very long term one is different.

Everybody's different though, some will find it helpful :)...

Ponder
01-04-2014, 11:38 PM
Been with my wife a Lonnnnnnngg Time:

IMO - it's an individual thing. We all need our own space. Relationships make it more of a challenge. I get by or try to, by finding my own space. When I am strong enough I share what I can - however one does have to be careful not to be depleted by the other if in each others pockets - however the reverse can happen where one charges the other.

jessed03
01-04-2014, 11:57 PM
They have a saying in Narcotics anonymous meetings 'Whatever you put in front of your recovery, you eventually lose'... I always found it very true with anxiety too. I put friends, partners and business decisions ahead of treating my problem, and I lost each one over time.

It's not that relationships are bad, just... People are kinda naturally selfish. Partners often want your time, they want your energy, they want your space, they want your emotion. It's really hard to give them that, when you're giving everything you have to your problem. It often reaches a stage when your partner, even though they don't mean to, comes into competition with your anxiety recovery for your energy and recourses. At that point it's often a lose/lose.

You're very lucky when you find somebody who is happy to sit as second best for a while until you get yourself in a better place. Those people are very special!!

The ones that try to take your resources ahead of your recovery, and get impatient when they don't get it... Those ones won't make you feel very good!

Kellie
01-05-2014, 02:16 AM
Yeah all of what you guys said is so true! I feel like now I know all that, it is best for me to break it off now before I ruin what strength i have left. Thankyou so much!

jessed03
01-05-2014, 02:24 AM
Is your relationship not doing you any good? Of course what we say is just opinion :) loads of people find relationships helpful

Enduronman
01-05-2014, 02:37 AM
My relationship was a huge part of my anxiety,...I had to snuff the *****...I hope she reads this too....it'll make me laugh. 850

jessed03
01-05-2014, 02:43 AM
I miss my baby girl, I love her and want her back. I hope she's reading this. I cry myself to sleep every night with my teddy who I've named Mr.JesseSnuggles. If she comes back to the house today, and only TODAY... I'll give her $1000 cash, cook her a slap up dinner, and propose marriage to her.

Awwwwwwwwww! :D

Enduronman
01-05-2014, 02:46 AM

must track jesse.

Sharon18
01-05-2014, 02:47 AM
I find relationships just gv me one more thing to be anxious about.
My bf doesn't know how to talk to me about it, tried sharing, but got no reply. So I resent him...in turn get more anxious, so i think being single is more helpful to me..

Enduronman
01-05-2014, 02:49 AM
so i think being single is more helpful to me..

yay!!! :)

jessed03
01-05-2014, 02:49 AM
I find relationships just gv me one more thing to be anxious about.
My bf doesn't know how to talk to me about it, tried sharing, but got no reply. So I resent him...in turn get more anxious, so i think being single is more helpful to me..

Are you single now? Feels good to have some time focusing just on yourself, doesn't it!

Enduronman
01-05-2014, 02:52 AM
Yup...single....and lives near Plaistow!!! So STFU!

Sharon18
01-05-2014, 02:57 AM
yay!!! :)
:)
Thx hehehe!!!

jessed03
01-05-2014, 02:58 AM
single and not ready to mingle... :)

It's the future!

Sharon18
01-05-2014, 02:58 AM
Are you single now? Feels good to have some time focusing just on yourself, doesn't it!

Well after today's issue with bf, i may well be...lol

Sharon18
01-05-2014, 03:03 AM
Yup...single....and lives near Plaistow!!! So STFU!

Soon to be single living in Hong Kong.....from Stockport

jessed03
01-05-2014, 03:08 AM
Soon to be single living in Hong Kong.....from Stockport

Oh, cool. What took you to Hong Kong?

(And don't say 'a plane') ;)

Sharon18
01-05-2014, 03:26 AM
Oh, cool. What took you to Hong Kong?

(And don't say 'a plane') ;)

Hehe....dad in the navy and we were posted here in 1989...I never left :)

jessed03
01-05-2014, 03:44 AM
I see. Is it as busy there as it appears on the TV?

1989, I was just being born and you were already travelling the world. I didn't expect to feel this inferior until at least midday :)

cdfrank
01-05-2014, 03:46 AM
I think anxiety suffers (some of us) find relationships more problems for us because people don't understand us or they don't know how to deal with us and it just makes us mad and have more anxiety! It would be much easier to have someone who understand you and can comfort you and listen to you!

Sharon18
01-05-2014, 04:40 AM
I think anxiety suffers (some of us) find relationships more problems for us because people don't understand us or they don't know how to deal with us and it just makes us mad and have more anxiety! It would be much easier to have someone who understand you and can comfort you and listen to you!

So true!!! Do you think meeting another anxious person would work?!

Sharon18
01-05-2014, 04:43 AM
I see. Is it as busy there as it appears on the TV?

1989, I was just being born and you were already travelling the world. I didn't expect to feel this inferior until at least midday :)

Hk is very busy n the ppl selfish ... Triggers my anxiety big time... But i think anywhere would tbh.....my anxiety started wen i was about 24

AmberGbenga
01-05-2014, 04:47 AM
I'm engaged to a fellow anxiety sufferer, it has it's ups and downs as do all relationships, but we understand eachother, and eachothers needs. We support eachother and help eachother grow.. We walk with eachother down this road.. We both have alot to learn, but we are willing to stick it out, the road will be bumpy, probably bumpier than a normal relationship, but we were both handed this life, if we couldn't handle it we wouldn't have been dealt it.. Or eachother for that matter, purely fate that we met. We have a lesson to learn and a dragon to slay.. But no matter what, we have eachother, it is the biggest gift to be given someone who understands.. Truely, I'm blessed.

Sharon18
01-05-2014, 08:13 AM
All the best to you...I separated from my husband a while back now..bf's generally do my head in...lol...