PDA

View Full Version : Switching from sertraline to effexor.

reese
01-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Today was one of the worst anxiety and depression days for me ever. I finally broke down and called my mom who declared she thought I should be admitted to a psych ward. I called my counselor who told me since I wasn't suicidal the psych ward wouldn't do much for me at this point. I went to the ER and the doctor switched me off my zoloft...which I'd been on for two weeks and gave me effexor. She said I shouldn't feel this horrible after being on the zoloft for two weeks.

I am so so exhausted with all this. I'm scared of getting side effects again from the effexor and not being able to go back to work. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Advice or support would be appreciated. Has anyone ever made this switch and had great luck?

I was on zoloft years ago and it did wonders for me, I don't understand why it's making me jittery and upset and cry all the time now.

em1
01-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Sometimes your body don't work with the same meds if you fully come off them and go back on them,I've only been on Zoloft for just over 7 months now, give this over tablet a go i know it's really scary but just give it time

reese
01-04-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm just so worried because I've heard horror stories about withdrawal from ssris. When I went off of zoloft years ago I did cold turkey (stupid) and I was bed ridden for days, but I hear even with filtering down the dose it can be horrible. Effexor is supposed to be the worst for withdrawal. I hate putting my body through this.

reese
01-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Yeah, the zoloft made me so suicidal and I haven't slept in days. This trial and error for psych meds is the pits. I'm also super sensitive to ssris, I always get horrible side effects. I lost 15lbs in two weeks on zoloft from nausea. I hope you have much better luck with it!