PDA

View Full Version : Heart pains!!

mattharlow88
01-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Getting pains in near my heart and getting all anxious again! I can feel an attack coming on at anytime!!! Feel so crap!

raggamuffin
01-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Try and keep yourself busy. Remind yourself it's not your heart. It's the chest wall muscles. Too much worry and anxiety means too much adrenaline. This results in aching muscles all over your body. Much of the time it'll be around your chest. When you get anxious and the fight or flight response kicks in it pumps adrenaline filled blood to the limbs to fight or fleee and to the chest wall muscles to protect vital organs from impact. When you're anxious this response can happen so often your muscles become fatigued.

That'll result in sharp chest pains tight chest pains, constricting pains, dull pains. They can last momentarily or for prolonged periods. Just remind yourself you're not in danger, keep busy and keep hydrated. Focus on correct breathing from your abdomen too.

Ed

Enduronman
01-03-2014, 12:09 PM
omeprazole (prilosec) to rule out GER,,,,.....:)

artaud
01-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Getting pains in near my heart and getting all anxious again! I can feel an attack coming on at anytime!!! Feel so crap!

Have you seen a doctor? Tests? Reflux or Heartburn?

fisher
01-03-2014, 02:13 PM
How are u now matt?

mattharlow88
01-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Hey everyone, I did have an attack but decided to pace around the house then went on my x box a bit until it passed, I guess the pains are just through being tense and anxious all the Time :-(, thanks everyone

fisher
01-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Matt how long have you had anxiety for?do u know whats caused it?x

JLBnole68
01-04-2014, 12:39 AM
If the pains subsided because your mind was occupied, then there's nothing wrong with your heart. That's a good thing.

mistiblue
01-04-2014, 12:43 AM
I get pains all the time around my heart. I am pretty sure they are gas pains. Gas can really be painful if it gets trapped. A friend of mine passed out at work, she was having major chest pains. We all thought for sure she had a heart attack. Turns out it was just really bad gas that was trapped. The doctor told her that gas can really cause some issues.
I know it sounds crazy.
JLBnole is right....if the pain doesn't stick around, then 9 times out of 10 it is nothing serious.
Glad your feeling better!!

ab123
01-04-2014, 03:21 AM

Try the rule of elimination, first,.go to the Dr because that is the first thing that will ease your mind and its the smartest first step. Then, see if you can take some antacids or alka seltzer. .and see If they subside...then ask your doctor to prescribe you only a few anti anxiety pills, like 5 . Drs. Are more willing to give you a small amount especially if you explain why you're doing it, once you find out what takes that away, you can then rely on that being the cause. And relax and move on, good luck: )

mattharlow88
01-04-2014, 03:27 AM
I am on omeprazole for an hiatal hernia, I get trapped wind and reflux all the time but It doesn't normally make me anxious, I think the pains yesterday were more muscular than reflux, I have had anxiety since I was 16 fisher I'm now 25, I haven't got a clue what brought it on

mattharlow88
01-04-2014, 03:30 AM
It's more like health anxiety I have fisher, I always think there is something wrong with me :-( x

ab123
01-04-2014, 03:32 AM
It's more like health anxiety I have fisher, I always think there is something wrong with me :-( x

I'm sorry, it's awful to go through that. I deal with that also. Dr Google is also the worst. Eventually it gets easier once you're able to re assure yourself that your ok.

Reenah
01-04-2014, 04:54 AM

Hi Matt,

Me too, all my anxiety is health anxiety & always thinking something bad is going to happen to me I was also very worried about my heart at one point as I was getting a lot of pains also getting extra beats which are very scary as my heart really thuds then speeds up then slows down!! Since I've been put on anti-acids it has helped a lot with the pains, we are very sensitive to every feeling inside our body's now so even the slightest thing we make into something big where as before the anxiety we wouldn't even notice these small things, I just feel at times I will never feel normal again I just want a day without negative thoughts & panic.... Can't seem to get it!! Hope your feeling better now & maybe a quick trip to the docs vxm ease your mind a little :-)

mattharlow88
01-04-2014, 05:06 AM
It's horrible reenah isn't it, feel like I'm never gonna have 1 normal day again without feeling ill or anxious x

MrsJ88
01-04-2014, 06:03 AM

Matt, we are exactly alike... I'm 25 and have major health anxiety too but mine started when I was 22.

fisher
01-04-2014, 12:05 PM
I am in the same boat as you matt mine is health anxiety,i always concentrate on my heart,i hate it going fast,do u ever have a panic attack?x

Blessed
01-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Matt, we are exactly alike... I'm 25 and have major health anxiety too but mine started when I was 22. sorry to hi jack your thread just a quick hello to Mrs J88, haven't seen u on here lately hope all is well with you :)

mattharlow88
01-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Hey, yes fisher I've had a few but not recently thank god, I haven't been too bad today hope you've been ok x

MrsJ88
01-04-2014, 07:07 PM
sorry to hi jack your thread just a quick hello to Mrs J88, haven't seen u on here lately hope all is well with you :)

Hi blessed :) doing so so... Currently having heart palpitations and chest pain ugh hate anxiety!!!!

Blessed
01-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Me too!!!! This bites don't it . Just want some normalcy

cdfrank
01-04-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm also having chest pains right now and I'm super tired..... Like super tired! :-(