PDA

View Full Version : 1st day on venlafaxine

joneze21
01-02-2014, 03:08 PM
today i finally visited my local gp to help fight this horrible anxiety/panic s**t!

he decided it was best for me to start taking venlafaxine 37.5 mg once a day.

took my first ever one at 12 o clock and spent most of the day as high as a kite! is this normal? also i can feel my body is having anxiety if that makes sense but my mind isnt really bothered by it? i feel as if my mind is blocked and cant think

em1
01-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Yes this is all normal when you start taking any meds,I was like if for about a week,stick with it you will be ok,they do take a few weeks
To fully kick in around 8

joneze21
01-02-2014, 03:47 PM
yeah thought so :)
feeling a lot better since ive taken it so best thing to do is ride it out

em1
01-02-2014, 04:02 PM
yeah thought so :) feeling a lot better since ive taken it so best thing to do is ride it out

Yes it will get better I promise and they do make you more anxious sometimes when you first take them but it will settle down :)

joneze21
01-02-2014, 04:17 PM
yeah i do feel anxious at times. it says on the box take 2 daily ive only had the one and felt ok all day, think its wearing off now do i take another before going to bed or not bother?

em1
01-02-2014, 04:52 PM
yeah i do feel anxious at times. it says on the box take 2 daily ive only had the one and felt ok all day, think its wearing off now do i take another before going to bed or not bother?

It's totally up to you,it won't hurt you as that's what your dose is :) I can understand how anxious your feeling as I was the same when I first got put on mine and I've been on mine for just over 7 months now

joneze21
01-02-2014, 04:56 PM
ill just wait till tomorrow i think just to be on the safe side, found it powerful taking one let alone 2 :). how are you finding it after 7 months em?

joneze21
01-02-2014, 04:57 PM
frankie think ill stick to the 1 for now then that was enough for me! lol thank god im off work otherwise i wouldnt have got much done today

em1
01-02-2014, 04:58 PM
frankie think ill stick to the 1 for now then that was enough for me! lol thank god im off work otherwise i wouldnt have got much done today

In box me anytime if you want to chat,let me know how your getting on :)

joneze21
01-02-2014, 05:58 PM
yeah i got another appointment on the 13th ill see how i feel then ill speak too him, apart from meds what else have u tried i.e herbal remedies etc if you dont mind me asking frankie?

joneze21
01-05-2014, 06:33 AM
so far these venlafaxines are working pretty well for me, apart from feeling groggy ive been ok so far

mommy.n
01-08-2014, 09:06 AM
so far these venlafaxines are working pretty well for me, apart from feeling groggy ive been ok so far

I tried so many medications to finally find that this was the one for me. I'll never switch and I will never lower my dosage or come off again. Anytime I've been great I've lowered or tried to come off and it went back to the worst. It's a keeper for life for me. I just lowered the dosage about a month and a half ago from 150 to 75 and now I've been back on 150 for a week.....takes forever!