PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic Beats and Pregnancy! HELP!

onebreathatatime
01-02-2014, 02:53 PM
This past sunday I drank a glass of coke and it started a run of extra heart beats, I thought they had gone for the most part but come monday after eating breakfast they came back, I have had them since then off and on. I am 9 weeks pregnant and terrified this will only get worse as time goes on, and can my heart handle it?

I ended up going to the ER because I am terrified that they will turn into something more sinister, seeing as how they are happening over and over again. It's not every beat or even every other, but they come in runs. When I lay down at night they go away if I lay on my left side.

I notice that they are more pronounced after eating and while changing positions from sitting to standing and walking. I was told by the dr in the ER that they won't harm me or my baby, and that there is nothing I can do about them, unless it starts getting really bad. This was definitely not the answer or information I was looking for.

Anyone else been in a similar situation and have any advice would be much appreciated.

em1
01-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Try and not have any Drinks like coke,coffee,to much chocolate Etc that may help,I've had skipped heart beats loads and many tests over the years and yes they may not be a nice feeling but they won't harm you at all,hope this helps you