PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is back!!!

mattharlow88
01-02-2014, 04:59 AM
I haven't had an anxiety attack for a week or so now, then last night I had one that lasted all night!! I feel so crap today and still feel anxious, I keep getting tingling sensations in my left arm and leg which isn't helping, can anyone relate???

mattharlow88
01-02-2014, 06:32 AM
Anyone????

meichmann
01-02-2014, 06:53 AM
I can definately relate. You anticipate an attack and it never comes until you don't think about it. It's the worst feeling in the world. Just remember to keep calm and try to distract yourself. Coming here helps alot!

Hope you feel better!

em1
01-02-2014, 06:53 AM
Anyone????

Oh yes I get that

mattharlow88
01-02-2014, 06:57 AM
Thanks people I inlay joined this site yesterday and it's helping already, cheers

em1
01-02-2014, 07:08 AM
Thanks people I inlay joined this site yesterday and it's helping already, cheers

This is a really good page to chat with others who have the same,your not alone :)

FK123
01-02-2014, 07:45 AM
Hey!
Seems our anxiety manifests itself in the same way, all my symptoms are on the left hand side. As soon as the tingling starts I'm instantaneously sent into a panic where my mind is racing thinking of all the terrible, yet very unlikely things it could be.
Have you found anything that helps to take your mind off it? When my anxiety hits at nighttime the best thing I find is to just accept it and get up and do something else to distract myself until I feel really tired again. Staying in bed can make it worse.
Anyway, welcome to the forums :)

meichmann
01-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Hey!
When my anxiety hits at nighttime the best thing I find is to just accept it and get up and do something else to distract myself until I feel really tired again. Staying in bed can make it worse.

Fk, you're doing the right thing. Nocturnal attacks are the worst. Getting up and putzing around is the best thing.

Matt, you are definately not alone. Come to this site as you see fit. We all here understand what you are going through. We are all here to help each other :)

reneek
01-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Matt, you are definitely not alone. I have found over the past 10 years not to fear a panic or anxiety attack; you must just accept them and let them do there thing. Sometimes it may last a while, but usually once you do not fear the attack anymore, they begin to diminish. A panic or anxiety attack will not harm you, even though you feel like it will. Just be mindful of what is going on around you or with you at that very moment you feel one coming on. Try to step outside yourself and view it from another perspective.

I absolutely hate my anxiety problems, but I've been going through this over the past 10 years now. Even on meds, sometimes I get breakthrough anxiety and it still stinks. But I've learned to just carry on and push through. When they are bad enough to really debilitate me, I will sit and do deep breathing and meditate until it passes. Or sometimes I just cry like a baby. Sometimes for me it is held back emotions or sadness that needs to be released. That happened last evening. I blubbered like a baby over a situation that occurred and felt better afterward.

Just visit this forum. Everybody here is in the same boat. And, if they are not, they usually have some good advice to get through it.

mattharlow88
01-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks everyone, feels great to be reassured !!!