PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck going doctors for sick note

fisher
01-01-2014, 11:47 PM
i was worked up last week knowing i was going my doctors and she only gave me a sick note for a week so going back at 9am today but because i was that anxious i had a panic attack while waiting so i hope am not going to be the same today,wish me luck she gives me another note:)))

jessed03
01-01-2014, 11:50 PM
GL!!......

JLBnole68
01-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Good luck! Maybe you just need to explain to the doc that you're just not ready or able to return to work just yet. A few tears in the doc's office might help the cause, but you didn't hear that from me. ;)

fisher
01-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Oh my aunty and friends were sayin now dont be putting makeup on and so on ha are u supposed to look awful when u have anxiety??

jessed03
01-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Have coffee before you go, and be all jittery. JLBs comment of a few tears is a cert winner.

jessed03
01-02-2014, 12:06 AM
And don't shower... Anxious people don't shower... We're all filthy!

jessed03
01-02-2014, 12:07 AM
And wear a tracksuit... Or really casual clothes... Like life is too hard for you and you can't put in effort cos you struggle so bad

JLBnole68
01-02-2014, 12:09 AM
And don't shower... Anxious people don't shower... We're all filthy!Yes! And if you must put on some make-up, it needs to be dark circles under your eyes. Leave off the lipstick and eye shadow. You want this to be convincing. The goal is the note. The goal is the note. Got it? Now go get that note!

jessed03
01-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Dark eyes are a great touch.

Tap your feet the whole time too. Non stop tapping away. You can cross your legs and tap them in the air, or tap them whilst shaking your leg on the floor.

It's like the biggest anxiety give away!

JLBnole68
01-02-2014, 12:18 AM
And don't forget to take off your New Year's Eve party hat.

JLBnole68
01-02-2014, 12:19 AM
No self-respecting anxious person would attend a noisy party where there was going to be fun and stuff.

rhar
01-02-2014, 12:33 AM
Dark eyes are a great touch. Tap your feet the whole time too. Non stop tapping away. You can cross your legs and tap them in the air, or tap them whilst shaking your leg on the floor. It's like the biggest anxiety give away!

Haha so true

fisher
01-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Oh i am so nervous but why?

rhar
01-02-2014, 12:40 AM
Oh i am so nervous but why?
That's the million dollar question!!! I wish I knew why I was too!!!! To get nervous going anywhere drives me bonkers

fisher
01-02-2014, 12:50 AM
Do u get that thumping of your heart

fisher
01-02-2014, 12:52 AM
i know,what symptoms do you get everyday?

rhar
01-02-2014, 12:54 AM
I get racing heart, dizziness, feeling off balance, unable to focus my vision and dreamy out of mind feeling EVERYDAY!! Have for 18 months now. I can actually sit still now but for months sitting in a drs waiting room was impossible, I just couldn't sit still EVER!!!!

fisher
01-02-2014, 01:07 AM
oh i hope your still online you can help me while i am waiting in docs lol,does the doc ever give u anything for racing heart?x

rhar
01-02-2014, 01:09 AM
oh i hope your still online you can help me while i am waiting in docs lol,does the doc ever give u anything for racing heart?x

Happy to help you :) I'm still here

I'm not on medication as want to get pregnant

fisher
01-02-2014, 01:14 AM
My app is in 50 mins i can feel my anxiety rising now😂

rhar
01-02-2014, 01:15 AM
My app is in 50 mins i can feel my anxiety rising nowdde02

Are you at home? So something to keep yourself busy.. Even try doing star jumps or something active!!

ab123
01-02-2014, 01:17 AM
Oh my aunty and friends were sayin now dont be putting makeup on and so on ha are u supposed to look awful when u have anxiety??
Fortunately the tears usually work

rhar
01-02-2014, 01:40 AM
My app is in 50 mins i can feel my anxiety rising nowdde02

Are you ok???.....

fisher
01-02-2014, 01:44 AM
Hiya yeah i just got in the car and drive for a min before app to calm my nerves because i felt worse at home,at least its the first app and i hopefully wont be waiting for long,wish me loads of luck xx

fisher
01-02-2014, 01:54 AM
Just got in doctors sat waiting,be brave get it over with,my heart is pounding but why????

rhar
01-02-2014, 02:01 AM
Wishing you luck. You can do this...
Deep breaths and take in your surroundings.. What can you smell etc.. Or think of your favourite recipe and recite the ingredients... This is a good way to take your mind off things...

rhar
01-02-2014, 02:05 AM
What other symptoms do you get?

fisher
01-02-2014, 02:15 AM
Yayyyy i sat there in waiting room with other people about and my heart was racing but just with anxiety and not panic attack,i done the breathing thing and doc shouted me in and i just said about my heart and she reasured me all the tests i have had done over the years rules out anything with heart,but as she said build up of stress then anxiety comes,i said i want to beat this and i have an app with cbt on the 9th and she said with work she will put me back slowly and a phased back to work gradually and to phone occy health but like i said to her once your back in they want you to do the work that everyone else does its on a ward looking after sick patients so she gave me 2 weeks off yayyyy,my symptoms are a feeling of anxiety wash over me and heart beating hard like palps so then i worry and gives me more anxiety,i am tensing my stomach more and i said to doc i cant remember how to relax lol,i am so grateful for your help this morning what lovely people on here xxx

rhar
01-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Yayyyy well done!! You did it! And all on your own..
We just have to change the way we think which is easier said than done.
If you're like me, you are rubes into every bodily sensation and when you feel something u start to panic!! It's debilitating but we will get there!!

Congrats on getting through it :)

fisher
01-02-2014, 02:33 AM
Aww thankyou i feel abit sick now,do you shake inside your body,i think we do that because its the adrenaline,and we think we can keep the anxiety out x

rhar
01-02-2014, 02:43 AM
Two I def shake!! I get lots of tremors

rhar
01-02-2014, 02:46 AM
Some days, like today I am convinced I'm dying!!!

fisher
01-02-2014, 03:48 AM
Lovely to here you want to get pregnant,i have a little 19 month old girl what a joy cx

Enduronman
01-02-2014, 03:54 AM
Two I def shake!! I get lots of tremors

Drink some juice...you may realize that it helps calm tremors.

rhar
01-02-2014, 03:56 AM
Lovely to here you want to get pregnant,i have a little 19 month old girl what a joy cx
Yes I have a 4 year old. But I've had 2 miscarriages in past 18 months which triggered my anxiety and panic attacks

rhar
01-02-2014, 04:24 AM
Well done fisher. Good for you. Rhar I hope you get your good news soon. Best wishes

Thank you :)

fisher
01-02-2014, 05:50 AM
am sorry to here about what you went through,no wonder you feel anxious,i know you said you get tremors is that were your insides shake and your legs?i feel now that am relaxing and i have been so tense that i am not breathing properly and i could easily have a panic attack,i cant relax my stomach,do you get like that?xx

gemma1788
01-02-2014, 08:47 AM
am sorry to here about what you went through,no wonder you feel anxious,i know you said you get tremors is that were your insides shake and your legs?i feel now that am relaxing and i have been so tense that i am not breathing properly and i could easily have a panic attack,i cant relax my stomach,do you get like that?xx

I get like that, I call it the internal shakes. I literally can not control them!

em1
01-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Yes I get like that to, bloody anxiety,it's a big fat lie to how we feel,if only I could program that in my own brain

fisher
01-02-2014, 09:51 AM
Oh em i know,after i went docs today all anxious i feel no palps today but something else,i feel like my stomach is so tense my breathing is different and my body feels like its wobbly and my legs,and when i press my stomach it hurts like i have a big ball of trapped wind,i have just took 2 rennies,does anybody else get that feeling and its just not me?and wot do u do for it?x

cdfrank
01-02-2014, 11:09 AM
I get that feelin all the time it helps to take a Zantac, Pepcid AC It really helps! Those you can both buy over the counter

fisher
01-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Aww thanks lv i will try that tmrw,i bet all anxiety sufferers get that problem:))

reneek
01-02-2014, 12:57 PM
I most certainly get everything you all have described; the tremors (internal) like you are freezing cold just inside and cannot warm up, feeling like a rock is sitting in my stomach, no appetite but if I do eat something feeling of getting sick and needed to vomit, headache, earaches, wobbly legs, heart palps, breathing difficulty and chest pains.

You definitely need to learn how to do deep breathing exercises. Those help immensely with the chest pains and breathing difficulty. Helps with headaches too. As far as the stomach issues, I just eat light during those times and wait for the feelings to pass. So far I've had some chicken noodle soup today. Hey, it's good for when you are sick, why not for anxiety right? :)

I do meditation quite a bit when I'm anxious. This typically involves sitting in a quiet place, close my eyes, deep breathe, and upon inhaling I imagine and say the word in my head "inhale peace, exhale joy". I continue to do this until my heart rate slows and I can take a nice easy breath. This usually works for me.

So glad things worked out at the doctor's office for you fisher. Might I say (without sounding odd) that you are a very attractive woman. You look a lot like my older sister when she was younger.

You might want to look up a term called "white coat syndrome". Many people have it when they need to see the doctor.

cdfrank
01-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Yes, just hang in there and it will pass like the thread above said try to eat light until you feel you can eat a full meal!

rhar
01-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Yes I feel like my head shakes and my heart vibrates...

rhar
01-02-2014, 03:15 PM
But my head symptoms are what drive my anxiety.. And the fact I think about how and what I am feeling 24/7. Literally no break from it

cdfrank
01-02-2014, 03:18 PM
My head shakes to as we speak my head it shakes or it like moves on it's on like its real tight and like 3 years ago my head symptoms use to drive my anxiety but now it's my heart and other things! I don't get a break cause all throughout the day I'm thinking about how I'm feeling and focusing on every ache pain, headache, twitch EVERYTHING!

rhar
01-02-2014, 03:28 PM
My head shakes to as we speak my head it shakes or it like moves on it's on like its real tight and like 3 years ago my head symptoms use to drive my anxiety but now it's my heart and other things! I don't get a break cause all throughout the day I'm thinking about how I'm feeling and focusing on every ache pain, headache, twitch EVERYTHING!

Yep same here. I have just started worrying it's my heart in the last week. It just has felt weird like I might have a heart attack at any moment!

Everywhere I go, even at home I am assessing how I feel.

fisher
01-02-2014, 04:05 PM
Oh god i have just looked at what i put,what i meant is my heart not my head,its because am typing fast sorry:))

jessed03
01-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Fisher, how long did you get one for?

fisher
01-02-2014, 04:55 PM
Oh she gave me 2 weeks but she wants to phase me back in slowly so i think when i go back in she will want me to go back,hope i find another job by then lol x

rhar
01-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Oh she gave me 2 weeks but she wants to phase me back in slowly so i think when i go back in she will want me to go back,hope i find another job by then lol x

How are you feeling today?
I just took my daughter to a bday party - was feeling so anxious on way there then was fine then while talking to ppl I kept having the moments I thought I was going to pass out! Arrggghh it's so annoying and tiring

fisher
01-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Oh i find it harder to cope with when you have children,do you get your anxiety all the time?i havnt slept that brilliant tonight with waves of anxiety, but the main thing is you got through it and you knew u was anxious going well done xx

rhar
01-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Oh i find it harder to cope with when you have children,do you get your anxiety all the time?i havnt slept that brilliant tonight with waves of anxiety, but the main thing is you got through it and you knew u was anxious going well done xx

You have the physical symptoms all day every day even when not anxious. I just got back from a walk with my husband and daughter and the whole time I was walking feeling unbalanced and spaced out bc that's all I think about so therefore all I feel!!

I just wish it would go away!!!!!

rhar
01-02-2014, 11:37 PM
I also get waves of anxiety out of nowhere!!

fisher
01-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Rhar what time is it for you?were do you live?it is 6.40am were i am now

rhar
01-02-2014, 11:39 PM
I'm in Australia!! It's 5.30pm here

fisher
01-02-2014, 11:58 PM
Oh u lucky thing must be lovely to live there?bet its lovely and warm,its strange isnt it because even though we have a lovely family and nice things around us we still get anxiety x

rhar
01-03-2014, 12:02 AM
I'm in Melbourne so not so much sun here as other parts of Australia but yes, love it here :)

Yes, it's so silly. I think "I am happy I have everything I could possibly want" but I have MAJOR health anxiety and it's debilitating!!!

fisher
01-03-2014, 12:20 AM
I have the same problem,how is your husband with u?does he know how u feel?do u ever make excuses if he wants to do stuff?well i am getting married this year and i dont know what am goin to do if i still have anxiety,me and my partner have always done things together and gone for meals go away ect..so now i have got this anxiety over christmas he isnt that great at understanding,i think he thinks it should be gone now and why have i still got it?i dont like mentioning it now:(

rhar
01-03-2014, 12:30 AM
My husband is great but I know he doesn't understand and I know it frustrates him.

When we go out for tea (which I know dread!!) I'll say "oh no I feel so panicky and dizzy" I know it annoys him. So I try as much as I can not to say anything. I also do this for myself as I find the less attention I give it the better for me!

My friends don't understand. I lost my f'ship with my best friend as she just deserted me in my time of need. She says to me "yes I get anxiety too" I want to scream at her "yes, but have you ever been so frightened that you couldn't leave your house to do your grocery shopping?? Or did u ever have to take a Valium just to do kinder drop off??" It annoys me so I don't talk to most of my friends about it.

My dr thinks in nuts going in for test after test!! I think I'm nuts too!! I just wish ppl would understand we don't like being like this, it's not for attention!!!

fisher
01-03-2014, 01:09 AM
exactly,it is the worst thing in the world,i would rather have a broken leg than anxiety,me partner has said to go to a restaurant on saturday night and the way am feeling i dont want to go,i dont like bringing attention onto it either because it makes u worse,i have just got up with the baby now and let my partner stay in bed but normal things i would normally do i am ironing and feeling like my breathing is not right,i just feel agitated x

rhar
01-03-2014, 01:15 AM
[QUOTE="fisher;140579"]exactly,it is the worst thing in the world,i would rather have a broken leg than anxiety,me partner has said to go to a restaurant on saturday night and the way am feeling i dont want to go,i dont like bringing attention onto it either because it makes u worse,i have just got up with the baby now and let my partner stay in bed but normal things i would normally do i am ironing and feeling like my breathing is not right,i just feel agitated x[/QUOT

Yes I know exactly how u feel. I get panicky at home over nothing! My psychologist said I have panic disorder after my stressful event. It's just so frustrating. I feel like I'm living in a bubble, the world just feels different now