PDA

View Full Version : Mind-body connection and anxiety?

jenmarrrr
01-01-2014, 02:20 PM
When I'm anxious (not full blown panic attacks), or there is something on my mind that is bothering me (whether it's conscious or subconscious) I find my body does physical things so I don't deal with the problem. For example when something is making me anxious (whether I know it is or not), I tend to wake up in the middle of the night and throw up or dry heave. Throwing up is a phobia of mine, so it's as if my body knows that making me throw up will cause me to think I'm sick and scare me. Another would be I'll be light headed or dizzy for days, also my bottom teeth hurt terribly - sounds weird but I've been to a dentist and it's been confirmed that it's clearly a tension thing

I'm curious as to if anyone else experiences things like this ?

quinny
01-01-2014, 02:25 PM
I get really bad pains in my neck and shoulders from were im tense all the time,im slowly dealing with thou :)

jenmarrrr
01-01-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm glad you responded :)
I've gotten neck pains as well from being tense. My mother suffered from serious back pain for five months which she was convinced was From an actual injury. The pain caused her extreme depression, to be basically in bed everyday and off of work. She felt she was never going to get better. Then our family doctor recommended to her that she read John Sarno's book on healing back pain. She did and half of her pain was gone In a day. She then realized to. I longer be afraid of the pain and that it wasn't physical all along, it was simply her mind being so powerful and trying to protect her from painful emotions by giving her physical pain. She has been pain free ever since. I'm reading this book now, I recommend this book to anyone, it applies to any physical symptom, not only back pain

rhar
01-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Yes I get dizzy and off balance all the time

jenmarrrr
01-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Hi rhar - how do you tend to deal with the Dizziness ?

rhar
01-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Not very well!!!
I try to ignore it as best I can but it's very hard! Today has been bad

jenmarrrr
01-03-2014, 04:18 PM
What happened today? And I try ignore it as we'll and going about my day but sometimes its impossible and prevents me from doing things I
Normally would

rhar
01-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Really bad dizziness, feeling disconnected, off balance - today has been very bad already :(

jenmarrrr
01-03-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm sorry you've had such a trouble some day :(

rhar
01-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Thank you :)