PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety at its most

cdfrank
01-01-2014, 09:37 AM
I have been suffering from anxiety for the past 3 years I am 20! For the last couple months it just been unbearable. Starting from a couple of months ago I had a panic attack while I was driving after that I was going to the hospital everyday sometimes 4 times a day because my chest was hurting I was having hear palpitations and all kind if things! I had to stop going to school because I couldn't function! I stopped eating and everything because they told me I had GERD which causes the chest pain! Now, I'm always thinking I'm gone die from something.... I don't go to the hospital everyday anymore but I do still go more than I would like! I don't sleep because I be scared I going through depersonalization and I'm just really sad and don't know what to do anymore. Every little problem I want to go to the hospital

quinny
01-01-2014, 10:41 AM
I have been suffering from anxiety for the past 3 years I am 20! For the last couple months it just been unbearable. Starting from a couple of months ago I had a panic attack while I was driving after that I was going to the hospital everyday sometimes 4 times a day because my chest was hurting I was having hear palpitations and all kind if things! I had to stop going to school because I couldn't function! I stopped eating and everything because they told me I had GERD which causes the chest pain! Now, I'm always thinking I'm gone die from something.... I don't go to the hospital everyday anymore but I do still go more than I would like! I don't sleep because I be scared I going through depersonalization and I'm just really sad and don't know what to do anymore. Every little problem I want to go to the hospital
hello cdfrank what ever you think you are not going to die your just having bad thoughts and they are causing you to panic more,I used to be like you thinking whats up im dieing stuff like that so your not alone, but you defo wont I promise, your just panicing really bad at the min try reading some books or looking through posts on here you can pick up some tips to help you deal with it better, things will get better :)

cdfrank
01-01-2014, 10:43 AM
How did you get out of that...... I try reading and asking other things but I can't concentrate even when I'm having those thoughts I try to redirect and think positive but it don't work I end up thinking negative still

quinny
01-01-2014, 10:52 AM
you have to try and distract your mind its like becoming a bad habit for you, I still have panic attacks but because I know what they are I deal with it better than I did coz I was realy bad always phoning the ambulance thinking to myself this cant be a panic attack its too bad working myself up in my head and that was makeing it worse, to be honest what helped me was loads of reading and understanding it, you can get better im far from better yet but I will be thats defo, youve got to try and be brave and push your self a bit coz I promise you wont die and the more you do it the better you get, :)

cdfrank
01-01-2014, 10:58 AM
I know I can get better I just haven't found the how part yet! I'm suppose to be starting therapy but I'm not sure how much that will work my panic attacks have gotten a little better I'm able to control them sometimes but when I'm not panicking I'm still thinking negative thoughts all the time

quinny
01-01-2014, 11:04 AM
write down every day 100 things you are gratefull for, the air you breath, nice things you can see,the laptop you use ect. you need to get your mind thinking good things the reason youve got all these negative thoughts is the lack of good thoughts try doing stuff like that and it will get rid you will still get them now again every one does but try overflow your self with things you are gratefull for it might sound stupid but try it, it works :) good luck on your road to recovery

cdfrank
01-01-2014, 11:07 AM
That sounds like a start I can do that and thank you so much......!

quinny
01-01-2014, 11:09 AM
its ok im glad I can help, stay strong :)