PDA

View Full Version : looking for a bit of advice

ldocherty93
12-31-2013, 04:12 PM
Could anyone help please .. i have a rash which is really worrying me, i have a picture, its for opinions on what people think it could be?

artaud
12-31-2013, 04:34 PM
Could anyone help please .. i have a rash which is really worrying me, i have a picture, its for opinions on what people think it could be?

What is it on, your arm?

ldocherty93
12-31-2013, 04:41 PM
My back ..

Dahila
12-31-2013, 04:53 PM
could be the detergent u use, allergies, or even flea bites , I got this when I am bitten by mosquito or flea. Put some cortisone cream on and forget it. If it itches a lot put some liquid soap. Is only the rash? Do u have problem with your anything else?

artaud
12-31-2013, 04:53 PM
My back ..

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/mens-health/when-should-you-worry-about-a-rash

From the above link. I think these are good suggestions when to worry, or even more so, when not to.

"As far as general guidelines go, here are a few things that should prompt worry:

Rash associated with high fever

Rashes that are painful

Rashes that spread rapidly

Rashes associated with dizziness or fainting

Rashes associated with difficulty breathing

Rashes that start immediately after taking a medication or eating a new food

These rules aren’t iron-clad, so as always, the simple fact that a rash worries you is an OK reason to seek medical attention."

Below, common rashes, with pictures. Nothing real serious, just common rashes.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/skin-rash/SN00016

ldocherty93
12-31-2013, 05:11 PM
I can't see the picture, can anyone else? It doesn't go away when i press on it so that made me worry but looking at the picture i think it could be freckles..?

artaud
12-31-2013, 05:17 PM
I can't see the picture, can anyone else? It doesn't go away when i press on it so that made me worry but looking at the picture i think it could be freckles..?

I logged-in online to see it, I can't see it in the Android App though.

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=818&d=1388531523

Dahila
12-31-2013, 05:22 PM
you need to press 1, 2 , 3, 4.... to see the slides

artaud
12-31-2013, 05:35 PM
you need to press 1, 2 , 3, 4.... to see the slides

In the app or on the web site? I just have a square in the app.

Dahila
12-31-2013, 06:59 PM
I am talking about website, yeah is square blue with the number inside. I strongly advice not to see the pics. After i was waiting for my biopsy results I went berserk with the pics of skin cancer. It came positive but for benign one. So far so good. I advice people not to see the pics or to google a lot of side effects of meds. It does not good to mind, and does not help to calm down. Rash like that happen often for whatever reason if she can breath easily it is not problem.

artaud
12-31-2013, 07:20 PM
....I advice people not to see the pics or to google a lot of side effects of meds. It does not good to mind, and does not help to calm down....

The page that I provided a link for, though not necessarily the most pleasurable things to look at, was chosen for the benign nature of the rashes. Rashes are very common, the vast majority do not signify anything serious. I didn't know you were talking about the linked page.

I agree with the limiting the Google searches, it's too easy to misinterpret the results.

Dahila
01-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Happy New Year Artaud it was very nice to talk to you in 2013 and now in 2014, I hope this year is going to easier for all of us:) Thank you