PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience!!

Ashlee13x
12-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Hi everyone, hope you had a lovely Xmas and have a lovely new year!!

I just came back from a trip to Holland yesterday with my boyfriend and was fine the first two days and on the last day had a horrible panic attack!! It's really frustrating because it's been a while since my last one and I thought they had stopped but no they just like to show up unexpectedly and scare the s**t out of me!!

I was just sitting enjoying my hot chocolate and all of a sudden my heart just started racing and I felt as if I was going to faint and ha this really strange tingling on the roof of my mouth and I just turned to my boyfriend and said I've got to get out of here, I'm going to die and rushed outside! I calmed down for a bit and then started to dry heave but nothing came out which has never happened to me before! And for the next hour or so the 'rushing' feeling as I call it kept coming and going my chest felt tight and horrible the remainder of the day until I went to bed and this morning all was as normal as it can be!

I guess I'm feeling really frustrated at the moment, I was this feeling to go and I just get worried that it's going to put strain on my relationship! Don't get me wrong, my boyfriend has a lot of shit of his own to deal with as he has had a fairly tough life but he seems to manage it so well! He is so so supportive of me and does everything he can to help. But surely there's going to come a point where he can't take it anymore because the majority of places we go I end up having an 'episode'

Grrrrr!!! Never make New Years resolutions but in 2014 I am determined to beat anxiety and not let it take over my life!!!!! Going to meditate, be more positive, get CBT and just try so hard!!

Can anyone who has managed/beat their anxiety help because at the moment my anxiety is like a roller coaster constantly improving and then coming back down!!

Sorry for the ramble!!!

jessed03
12-30-2013, 09:15 AM
I had a freakishly similar experience when my panic attacks were at there worst. Having hot drinks with a gf on vacation when an attack struck. Not Holland though! Did you like it, I've never been?

The part where you said you feel you are going to die - whilst that worry is always there when anxiety strikes, it won't ever quite go. You're getting pretty close, but still a little further to go it seems. It takes some time to get beyond that though, for everybody. I think you have a good game plan with the CBT and meditation.

Ramble away whenever you want dear, that's what the big white box you type in is for lol :)

Ashlee13x
12-30-2013, 09:35 AM
Thanks Jesse!! Yeah it's a really beautiful out there, went to the Anne Frank museum but the queue was so long, the best look I got was the outside of the house!!

Yes planning to get rid as best as I can of this anxiety!! How you doing? How was your Xmas?

artaud
12-30-2013, 09:40 AM
...all of a sudden my heart just started racing and I felt as if I was going to faint and ha this really strange tingling on the roof of my mouth and I just turned to my boyfriend and said I've got to get out of here, I'm going to die and rushed outside! I calmed down for a bit and then started to dry heave but nothing came out which has never happened to me before! And for the next hour or so the 'rushing' feeling as I call it kept coming and going my chest felt tight and horrible the remainder of the day

The heart can jump to fast rhythm instantly, I've had PSVT (Paroxysmal Supra Ventricular Tachycardia). If this happened, the fear and adrenaline would be enormous.

Alternately a panic attack would drive your heart rate up, but I would think the heart rate would feel commensurate with the fear and not standout as much in terms of heralding the event.

I'm sure you hyperventilated during the attack.

Ashlee13x
12-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks for your reply!! To be honest when I have a panic attack, the next day I find it hard to remember exactly what went on and hoe exactly I felt, is that weird??

artaud
12-30-2013, 09:47 AM
PSVT

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/mobileart.asp?articlekey=87450

Nausea and Vomiting can also be symptoms.

Enduronman
12-30-2013, 09:49 AM
It all starts with a thought, concious or not...then poof!....

It will pass with time friend, you're still reallllllyyyyy early in your recovery Ashlee..:)

Ashlee13x
12-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Thank you! Really hope that is not what I have, sounds terrifying!,

Ashlee13x
12-30-2013, 09:51 AM
It all starts with a thought, concious or not...then poof!.... It will pass with time friend, you're still reallllllyyyyy early in your recovery Ashlee..:)

Thanks Enduronman, I will get there one day!!! Hopefully one day soon

Enduronman
12-30-2013, 10:04 AM
You will dear, it's only been about 10 days er so since your new plans started I believe...BUT, you are still making huge gains everyday regardless of that one little speedbump... :)

jessed03
12-30-2013, 10:08 AM
I'm doing good thanks Ash... Kinda looking forward to starting a new productive 2014... But getting a little drunk first :D

Listen to Neo, he's spot on.

jessed03
12-30-2013, 10:09 AM
*Enduronman, sorry.

Ashlee13x
12-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks guys! Feeling more positive!! Jesse, I'm on your wavelength, having a Heineken as we speak :)

Enduronman
12-30-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm doing great Ash, Thanks!...Kinda looking forward to starting out a new productive 2014...but I'm going to get hammered drunk and hopefully hallucinate a little so I can see Jesus playing lead for Lynard Skynard with an all Angel band and he has giant eagles wings and I'll be wearing my "I love to party" T-shirt...in the front row of course..:D

Listen to "Neo", he's spot on.

BAHHAA!!! xoxo :)

jessed03
12-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Thanks guys! Feeling more positive!! Jesse, I'm on your wavelength, having a Heineken as we speak :)

It's not New Years Eve yet, but I like your style ;)

Enduronman
12-30-2013, 12:43 PM
No one has even noticed,...your "altered" posted quote!!! LMAO!!!

You like my style too????...ABBHAAHA!!!

Hope this day is going great friends! & Jesse.... :)

jessed03
12-30-2013, 12:58 PM
No one has even noticed,...your "altered" posted quote!!! LMAO!!!

You like my style too????...ABBHAAHA!!!

Hope this day is going great friends! & Jesse.... :)

Lol Eman. Goes to show nobody reads the quotes!!

I picked up some good beer on the way home from the store. Ashlee's drinking stayed in my head!

Enduronman
12-30-2013, 01:01 PM
I think I'll do the same brah,..hope you enjoy the Skynard concert!!! :D

AmberGbenga
12-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Ayyyyoooooo gonna get white girl wasted tonight... COMMON 2014!!!

jessed03
12-30-2013, 05:37 PM
I know right Frankie! He changes my quotes to say what he wants them to say. Which makes me think maybe he's lived that hallucination before :eek:

jessed03
12-30-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm sitting here naked stroking a cat BAHAHA... Wanna get dinner sometime Frankie?

I doubt she does mate. You're a horny horny man, who needs to find an outlet..

Maybe www.sexaddictionanonymous.org can help you.

Enduronman
12-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Holy shit....Jesse!!!...HHAAAHAHAA!!! :)