PDA

View Full Version : Books that have helped me with panic ect

quinny
12-30-2013, 05:15 AM
A couple of books that have realy helped me with my panic ocd ect, The first one is the linden method it can be exspensive but I got mine cheap of ebay it realy helped me 100 persent and if you havnt read it I highly suggest you do,its about his story with panic ocd ect and how he got over it this bloke has studied it for years, its got all the tricks and tips and realy explains everything to you, a must get honestly, The second one its not about panic attacks or out like that, its called, the secret,its about the law of attraction I read it the other day and it realy picks you up if your feeling down, anyway just wanted to share them with you coz there realy good, if anyone else has read any good ones theyd like to share that would be great have a great day peeps :)

Dahila
12-30-2013, 08:00 AM
What books? I would not mind the author name and the title. :)

jessed03
12-30-2013, 09:17 AM
The second one its not about panic attacks or out like that, its called, the secret

I need to introduce you to Ashlee

Dahila
12-30-2013, 09:36 AM
there is many books with title the Secret
:confused:

jessed03
12-30-2013, 09:43 AM
That's because there are many secrets in the world Dahila ;)

I think this is the one he means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(book)

quinny
12-30-2013, 10:38 AM
That's because there are many secrets in the world Dahila ;)

I think this is the one he means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(book)
yes thats the one cheers jessed

Dahila
12-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Thank you gentelmen:))
However beautiful is this book, I had it in my hands some time ago, I do not put a lot of confidence in self help books. I do believe in meditation though....

quinny
12-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Thank you gentelmen:))
However beautiful is this book, I had it in my hands some time ago, I do not put a lot of confidence in self help books. I do believe in meditation though....

I got well into it it helps take your mind of worry ect well it did me anyways, the other book is called The Linden Method and thats by charles linden hes got another one called stress free in 30 days both good books :)

Dahila
12-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Thank you quinny I will look into it. I found that I am very resistant to knowledge:)) I am teasing you of course, I will check it up.

quinny
12-30-2013, 03:02 PM
ok mate hope you have read of the linden method be good to see what you think

fisher
12-30-2013, 05:45 PM
Just looked on ebay about the linden method,books are dear they are over £100 so they must be good for that price😃

jessed03
12-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Just looked on ebay about the linden method,books are dear they are over £100 so they must be good for that price��

The Anxiety and Phobia workbook is a very good book, similar to the Linden Method, only 1/10 of the price... If you wanted something cheaper

Dahila
12-30-2013, 07:08 PM
There is a good book , workbook I use, I need to run downstairs to bring it, brb
The anxiety and phobia workboook by Edmund J. Bourne, I am reading it and making some notes, it is eye opener,,, I had no idea what I did to my children being overprotective mother, my mom was the same, so maybe a bit is her falt too .ehhhh life

jessed03
12-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Dahilaaaaaa!!! I already mentioned it in the above post ;)

Glad you like it too! I found the part about mothers interesting. I was very mothered, and maybe grew up sulking a little to get attention, instead of fixing problems. Interesting. I tried to be more proactive since I read it. My mother was also verrrrrrrry nervous too, I think I developed childhood anxiety because of that.

That book has lots of good info. Sometimes I go back and read certain bits, just to refresh. My book has so much pencil marking in where I worked through it lol

Dahila
12-30-2013, 07:19 PM
I got it as a gift from my anxious daughter, actually we do have better communication lately, and a lot thanks to this book. Why I never thought I am passing my anxiety, phobias and fear on my kids. eh bad mommy, I could explain my moms behavior because she survived the Concentration Camp in Dachau. I should know better when I had my kids..:(
The book is fantastic

Chris C
12-31-2013, 12:51 AM
I think everyone with anxiety should read "Hope and help for your nerves" by Claire Weekes. It's old but still relevant.

jb308
12-31-2013, 01:03 AM
Hi everyone! I am a very anxious person, my problem is as everyone, my mind is always racing! Seems mediation is a huge success, but how do you meditate if you can stop your mind? I know weird question, but, I can't sit still or what not to meditate!!!! Thanks!!!!

Dahila
12-31-2013, 08:21 AM
jb308 you need to learn how to meditate, it does not take a lot of time. On the beginning you get seconds of silence, then two or three and it is a bliss, believe me. :)