PDA

View Full Version : It's Up to Us to Care For and Even Dave Each Other

Lee Grant Irons
12-29-2013, 06:08 PM
A great TED talk about making personal health happen for yourself. Wake up and take control of your health.

http://www.ted.com/talks/eric_dishman_health_care_should_be_a_team_sport.ht ml

Ponder
12-31-2013, 11:45 PM
Hi Lee, I am going for a walk - but will check this out as well as your new updates re your book. Hope you are well friend.

Ponder
01-01-2014, 02:06 AM
Looks good, anything has to be better than the current system. Bit worried about the consumerist side to it - seems like if could be lucrative like everything else these days. I think it's great for those who can afford it, but I remain unmoved until we have a FREE world health care system that works -

Other factor is - not everyone is capable of utilizing such technology, however I could see perhaps OTHERS - who may be able to help others with such a tool. No doubt with the current status of things - for a price that is.

My wife and I currently use the internet ourselves to avoid doctors for the very reason this man gives. The less people we have to go through - the more we can afford it. Again - sign up fees - networking fees - consultant fees - It's a nice thought, however I'm doubtful on the term "Main stream" way too many boxes and varying social economic ladders in that.

None the less, nothing beats self education in the things we can access ourselves. Other than that - some of us will just have to accept being sick Vs the Cost. Blessed are the TED crowed. LOL - Just kidding - but indeed I'm a hard nut to crack.

Thanks for the link.
PS - Dave Each Other? I think typo in the Title perhaps? If people go about Daving each other - I think the mental health clinics would not cope.
DAVE ;)

Enduronman
01-01-2014, 05:00 AM
I'm going Daving right friggin now!!! Heading out to the giant retail store,...I hope Daving is as fun as it sounds!.....Is it illegal? :)

xo brothers...

E-Man. :D

Dahila
01-01-2014, 08:57 AM
I lost confidence in Ted Talks ...... They are supporting some bad things

Enduronman
01-01-2014, 09:09 AM
I just walked into the store,...and began slamming into other peoples carts like I couldn't see them then apologized to them..oops! I also followed some other people around (trying to make it blatently obvious that it was what I was doing) like a shitty detective so when they would look at me, I'd wait for like 3 seconds before I turned away!!! ....I like Daving!! It's fun as hell!!!....I had soooo much fun!!!

Man, I wish you fuggers lived closer because if you dared me to do something, I'd do it just so you'd laugh!!!....:)

Lee Grant Irons
01-01-2014, 09:39 AM
LOL, I think I meant to say "Save."

Dahila
01-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Houston I got problem, I have a new addiction :(
this forum is not safe :))

Enduronman
01-01-2014, 11:26 AM
It's still a great thread though!!! (As long as brother Dave doesn't hop a plane for a 10,000 mile flight to beat all of our ass's for going "Daving" today!!!). :D

xoxo! (in a brotherly kinda way of course...) :)

Dahila
01-01-2014, 11:47 AM
I would not mind daving today

Ponder
01-01-2014, 02:51 PM
LOL :) you guys are a blast!

Thanks Dahila for that confirmation I got from you. I too struggle with some of the blindedness that I see in "such" crowds. I am thankful none the less for the Links Lee gives as I am sure you are too. Sometimes they will have a talker with a really inspiring and practical explanation that appeals to the wider community and on rare occasions, delivered as though it's Not driven by your A typical Utopian Ideals.

No offense, but it's like "Oprah Crowed Syndrome." Well meaning people of course - but blinded in so many other ways. I find much irony in the usage of worlds like God - Prayer - Jesus - and so on, combined with a so much projected self glorifying ideology so commonly aired in the west. They are so busy coming up with new ideas on how to save the "rest of the world"; yet fail to see that "sometimes people are so poor, the only thing they have - is money". That's all I am saying about blinded audiences in the west.

None the less, I will still watch the occasional TED video - in the hope I will see someone bold enough to give a selfless talk - speak out and come up with an idea that seems practical for all! I'm just not your average utopian idealist that prays for answers. Until people learn to give in to themselves and the BS concepts of chasing and gaining - then perhaps I will have time for such frivolous words and begin to see some kind of meaning.

Again no offense intended - I am all for people believing in whatever - just not the fashion in which it is often handed on "down" - and in the case of TED and Oprah - the projected crowed. I need to see a wider bracket of people, from the STREET and make it a street not just from some well educated and highfalutin hill- otherwise it will remain rather pretentious to me. I'm done with the so called cave man success story - we need to go backwards and drop the currency for good! Sometimes to move forward, we have to go backwards.

Give me Captain Cathryn Jane Way any day - put a uniform on everyone - give everyone a purpose and give up the word "work" - and best of all - give everyone a Hollodeck and REPLICATOR! What do you think our currency and Ideology would have to say about that? :)

Enduronman
01-01-2014, 02:55 PM
I had a blast today!! I will be going again tomorrow...I like it! :)

Ponder
01-01-2014, 03:05 PM
arrr man - Lee - look what you have gone and started ... Sigh .... :)

Enduronman
01-01-2014, 03:16 PM
He hehe...:D

Cullingford
01-01-2014, 03:20 PM
I saw a bloke today in a big hat and sunnys today do you think he was Daving?.

Ponder
01-01-2014, 04:11 PM
rofl ........

Enduronman
01-01-2014, 04:14 PM
YUP!! Was he tossing stones into a puddle, next to a couple, and splashing them???....If so, he was definitely Daving. :)

Dahila
01-01-2014, 08:11 PM
it is , we need that, some of the treads upset me, but this one not. My feeling on Ted or Oprah crowd is same as Dave's
Everything is staged.
the last TED I watched Isabel Allende was the speaker, and I love her, The Teds talk about swine flu just killed me softly....

Lee Grant Irons
01-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Look at this. I can't go on an errand for a few hours without you kids messing up the place. That's it! Go to your rooms! ;)

Lee Grant Irons
01-01-2014, 09:32 PM
arrr man - Lee - look what you have gone and started ... Sigh .... :)

I know. LOL Just one slip of the keyboard, and now we're going to have to live with it for days. Heck, Look at Chris's personal thread. It is 30 pages long! LOL

I agree with all the stuff you folks said about the unrealistic Utopian ideas and ideals. I don;t like seeing wealthy people present stuff like that as if "It worked for me, so it will work for you, as long as you buy my books and magazines and watch my shows. However, I do like hearing the ideas, because I often find some synergy between their ideal and potential reality. Their ideas might not be directly implementable, but knowing the theoretical possibilities at least reveals a range of potential realities. And almost anything would be better than our current reality in the USA. Although I did hear Candian astronaut Chris Hadfield say on a radio interview this week, "There is nothing so bad that you can't make it worse."

Lee Grant Irons
01-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Oops..... Sorry Lee. It was just so darn funny :)

LOL, I know frankie. After I saw my typo, I just shook my head and knew I was not going to get a pass on this one. LOL

Ponder
01-02-2014, 12:53 AM
I understand what you mean Lee - and please do continue to link as despite my reservations, I do still listen as I seem to gleen much from the various presentations. I am aware that it can be rather limiting to react to my own perceptions on such things. For instance I like Eckart Tolle, but think I have missed much of what he has had to say, because of my feelings towards the stage on so on. I must overcome my own judgments and learn to obbserve more. In saying that though - I am glad I had the opurtunity to express my feeling on such presentations. Again I do think I get the gist of what your saying about that.

If I can not accept what is outside of me, I need to accept how I am on the inside. I am more than happy to discuss further any talks or discussions you feel are positive, and even those that apear to be concerning.

Forigve me, as I have not had time to read chapter three section yet. Thank You again for sharing as you have done in here. Health Care is very important, I still got a lot from that presentation. :)

Enduronman
01-02-2014, 03:34 AM
I understand what you mean Lee - I must overcome my own judgments and learn to observe more. If I can not accept what is outside of me, I need to accept how I am on the inside.

Powerful..:)

Enduronman
01-02-2014, 04:16 AM
PS: I'm going Daving again this am at the PT's gym/office.....

Can I lift weights now...wait 2 minutes
Can I lift weights now... wait......
Can I lift weights now.........repeat..

xo Dave!! :)

Dahila
01-02-2014, 07:06 AM
Lee please continue, we can have different opinion and still have a good conversation and learn a lot from each other. I am happy you are posting, I am glad to know you:)))