PDA

View Full Version : Leap of faith

AmberGbenga
12-29-2013, 04:07 PM
So over the past month since my sever panic attack started, I have concurred many obstacles. I went from being anxious all day every day, to only being anxious when I do specific things.. It started by going to work, I did it and now it's a pleasure to be at work, social gatherings, now I still get abit anxious at first but once there I'm the life of the party again, gym.. Driving.. The list goes on. Yesterday, I got my nails done as a spoil myself for doing well. As I walked there I began to panic.. I'd be sitting there with the fumes, Asians ladies speaking in there language and no way to distract myself.. OR RUN! I panicked and turned in the opposite direction.. Then I stopped and laughed at myself.. Turned around and walked my ass on in there and did it.. Then last night, sleeping is horrible for me these days.. Takes me hours to get to sleep.. Dreaded thoughts.. Alone in the dark with nothing but my always buzzing mind. I began to feel the panic, I quietly said no. I spoke to myself "relax, your okay, feel the way tour body sinks into the bed, the blanket against your skin, what can you hear? That means your at home safe, nothing can happen... Nothing... Can.." Next thing I know my alarm goes off.. HAPPY MORNING!!' I DID IT!!!

AmberGbenga
12-29-2013, 04:10 PM
No bad dreams, no flash backs, no panic attacks, waking up short of breath, NOTHING!!! Yesterday was a GREAT day!! Bring on this lovely Monday I say! I'm feeling like myself again.

anxiousga
12-29-2013, 04:21 PM
That is awesome :) yay you!

AmberGbenga
12-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Thank you guys :)

Enduronman
12-29-2013, 04:38 PM
YAY!!! Another great success Bambi!! :)

AmberGbenga
12-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Chuuurrrr he-man, I'm beating this anxiety like a Boss!

Enduronman
12-29-2013, 04:41 PM
Yes,...yes you definitly are friend!!!..

Moralfe
12-29-2013, 05:02 PM
It is so great to hear success stories like yours. I give me hope that this can be beaten. Thank you for sharing.

NeverToo...Fear
12-29-2013, 05:12 PM
Awesome attitude, Amber ! I really liked the part where you just walked right in there and did it. Courage, overcoming the anxiety. Simply awesome.

Have a lovely Monday...... :)